Tipping porters

Silly argument , there is no right or wrong in this , yes the porters provide a service but that service is paid for by royal Caribbean , which we pay for when we book the cruise , so if you don't want to tip don't , if you are feeling generous and want to show your appreciation then tip , I don't know why there has to be such a big debate about it , surely the answer is do if you want to and don't if you don't .

Yes.

I really don't understand tipping $5 per bag though. That's insane. They literally pick up your bag, walk 1-2 feet and throw it, THROW IT, on a cart.

If they are assisting you from your car, maybe.

Yet you did it anyway to force your opinion on others, again. :rolleyes:

No, not forcing an opinion. I was answering the question. Remember .. there was an original poster who asked the question "How much are you supposed to tip the porters?".

Certainly we can all agree that the best, most authoritative answer to what one is "supposed to" tip them is the one the port themselves post ..

Baggage handlers are salaried. Tipping is not necessary.

Can we agree on that and call it a day?

No, not forcing an opinion. I was answering the question. Remember .. there was an original poster who asked the question "How much are you supposed to tip the porters?".

Certainly we can all agree that the best, most authoritative answer to what one is "supposed to" tip them is the one the port themselves post ..

I believe they asked *how much* they should tip, not whether or not it was necessary to.

Baggage handlers are NOT salaried workers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Archived