Most traveled luncheon

bcnvcanada

I am sure that someone will know the answer to this. I have enough days on Princess to oft time be invited to the most traveled lunch. My question is that until now my partner never cruised. Would it be possible to exchange my place at the "table" with him? I am sure he would enjoy it much more than I. Thanks

I am sure that someone will know the answer to this. I have enough days on Princess to oft time be invited to the most traveled lunch. My question is that until now my partner never cruised. Would it be possible to exchange my place at the "table" with him? I am sure he would enjoy it much more than I. Thanks

No. You will not be able to exchange your place, but perhaps your partner can be invited with you. Speak to the Capt. Circle rep as soon as you ascertain that you've made the top 40.

I am sure you can bring (1) guest with you (for a total of 2 people).

I always assumed that a persons partner would also get an invitation no matter how many day they had. Maybe this isn't so?

Not always the case. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It all depends on the demographics and how many solo cruisers there are. Also status.

I always assumed that a persons partner would also get an invitation no matter how many day they had. Maybe this isn't so?

Not always the case. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It all depends on the demographics and how many solo cruisers there are. Also status.

Myself and my friends who travel solo always have the invitation as "individual plus guest". I have never seen it otherwise.

I also have friends who one spouse has far more days than the other spouse (who would not normally clear) and the spouse is always invited.

This is what I've never understood...is it the top 20 plus guests (which will seldom truly be the top 40 most traveled) or is it the top 40 plus guests (if not already counted in the top 40) or is it the top 40 passengers listed eyed by first names on the booking plus their guests?

This is what I've never understood...is it the top 20 plus guests (which will seldom truly be the top 40 most traveled) or is it the top 40 plus guests (if not already counted in the top 40) or is it the top 40 passenlisted eyed by first names on the booking plus their guests?

I believe there are 40 passengers at the luncheon.

A big thank you to everyone on this board for the great answers. Pia, I will check as soon as I get on board with the cc rep and see if I made the cut off to the lunch. Will ask about bringing my partner. Again, thank you to everyone.

Whether you're even invited to the luncheon or cocktail party depends on the cruise. With about 300 days, I didn't come close on my current cruise. Not sure what the cut-off was but I'm guessing it was well into the 300's and perhaps even the 400's. :(

Whether you're even invited to the luncheon or cocktail party depends on the cruise. With about 300 days, I didn't come close on my current cruise. Not sure what the cut-off was but I'm guessing it was well into the 300's and perhaps even the 400's. :(

Like Pam, from the luncheon stand point, I am also picking the wrong cruises. We have 364 days and have only been invided twice.

I think in some ways it is a controlled crap shoot if you will.

We have over 300 days and were invited to the luncheon on our Panama cruise in February. And I think they always in include the wife. If not I most certainly would not be able to go.:)

We have also been invited when we had less than half of that.

It really all depends on the cruise. My folks get invited but mom does not like to go. Dad loves it so if I am along he asks if he can bring me instead. Been to a few and they are wonderful. I am elite but I think it will be retirement and more cruises till invited.

I always travel as a single and every time I've been allowed to bring a guest. I'd ask the CC Host just to be sure if it doesn't spell it out exacly on your invitation.

I have always been asked for the name of my guest so their menu and placecard could have their name on them.

I believe there are 40 passengers at the luncheon.

The two times that I have attended a luncheon (my partner is the elite member), there were about 60+ passengers present... the 40 most traveled and their guests. I would assume that some couples have the same number of days and so are invited together, whilst others are allowed to bring a guest.

The two times that I have attended a luncheon (my partner is the elite member), there were about 60+ passengers present... the 40 most traveled and their guests. I would assume that some couples have the same number of days and so are invited together, whilst others are allowed to bring a guest.

we have been to a few most traveled lunches but i dont think there were 60+ passengers there.....40 yes

There are never 60 people in attendance; it's the top 40. And in defense of my previous statement, it all depends on demographics whether or not a guest can be included. I have had many luncheons with singles; mostly women and not traveling together. Sometimes there are too many highly travelled passengers; in the big number area, and at those times they just cannot include unrelated guests.

With spouses is a whole different story if they don't have the same amount of days. No spouse will ever be excluded.

Just wondering - if someone declines does next in line get invited or do they go with the reduced number?

Yes. I have declined a few times and the Circle Host thanked me and said the next person would be very happy.

Archived