Most traveled luncheon

bcnvcanada

Doug, when I worked full time I was lucky to get 3 weeks vacation during the entire year.

I had an understanding boss. He knew he couldn't get me a raise so he would let me take extra time off without pay. It was also a win/win as it saved the company much needed cash also.

I had an understanding boss. He knew he couldn't get me a raise so he would let me take extra time off without pay. It was also a win/win as it saved the company much needed cash also.

LOL. I was the boss and I couldn't take more than three weeks. :D

I am sure that someone will know the answer to this. I have enough days on Princess to oft time be invited to the most traveled lunch. My question is that until now my partner never cruised. Would it be possible to exchange my place at the "table" with him? I am sure he would enjoy it much more than I. Thanks

I am elite, my girlfriend is not, she was invited as my guest. Whoever is in cabin with you is invited - at least that is my experience.

Whether you're even invited to the luncheon or cocktail party depends on the cruise. With about 300 days, I didn't come close on my current cruise. Not sure what the cut-off was but I'm guessing it was well into the 300's and perhaps even the 400's. :(

It was about 440.

503 elite on Pam's recent cruise.

503 is a lot and people in Australia and i suppose else where in the world are getting the black card by doing a 2 day cruise just to get the elite card.....just think if they do 15 x 2 day cruises they have the elite card after doing only 30 days and once they reach elite they can do some more short cruises and get the mini bar stocked

503 is a lot and people in Australia and i suppose else where in the world are getting the black card by doing a 2 day cruise just to get the elite card.....just think if they do 15 x 2 day cruises they have the elite card after doing only 30 days and once they reach elite they can do some more short cruises and get the mini bar stocked

Where I live we never had the option of those short cruises. Occasionally on the eastern part of the US there would be a three or four day cruise, but those were few and far between. We earned our status by taking 15+ cruises, because I go back to the time before they counted days.

You beat me last year. :D Or is it this year? I've never made it to 150 Highest was 116 in 2010 and 104 in '11. But I'm trying. :)

And I'm trying too, to get DH's focus off our Princess days and to cruise around a bit more. The entertainment cutbacks really bothered me, and, frankly, I dislike the whole top 40 thing as my goal oriented husband considers it a challenge to be invited (i.e. "two more winters with at least 100 days each and we should ALWAYS make it", like that's a reason to cruise). I couldn't care less. We get great benefits on X, RC and Azamara snd enjoyed HAL a great deal. I think we may spend at least 1/4 of our time on them this year.

• 3 months later...

These are very interesting numbers. On our last curise, the most-traveled passenger had only 330 some days. I specifically remember the person sitting next to me saying, "Wow, that's almost a whole year!"

I am sure it varies a great deal by cruise and will start paying closer attention to the numbers in the future. Well I know for sure that on our next cruise it will be higher because Pia will be on the ship. ;)

These are very interesting numbers. On our last curise, the most-traveled passenger had only 330 some days. I specifically remember the person sitting next to me saying, "Wow, that's almost a whole year!"

I am sure it varies a great deal by cruise and will start paying closer attention to the numbers in the future. Well I know for sure that on our next cruise it will be higher because Pia will be on the ship. ;)

There are usually fewer Elite on short (seven days or less) cruises in the Caribbean and Alaska so your chances of being invited to the Most Traveled luncheon are greater on those cruises.

To answer the original question (I don't know how I missed this thread the first time around) I have made the cut twice. The first time I was with my wife who has far less days than I do and the invite was for Mr. and Mrs. The second time I was sailing with friends, and the invite was for me as a single only...

With regard to singles not being allowed a guest to the lunch, a few posters have stated in not these precise words that "with the time I've put in this better not happen on my cruise."

My question is - or what?

I'm not being funny or sarcastic but truly want to know how you would punish Princess if this should ever happen.

There are usually fewer Elite on short (seven days or less) cruises in the Caribbean and Alaska so your chances of being invited to the Most Traveled luncheon are greater on those cruises.

I can attest to that happening during an early-season Alaskan cruise two years ago. I had only reached the elite level on my previous cruise so I was a newbie with only about 175 days. With so few days I was shocked to discover that I was #7 & that someone we met on board had 260 days was in the top three. I've read that in previous years even platinum sometimes made the cut for the top 40 event.

Sadly the event I got invited to was only a cocktail party so the elusive luncheon is but a dream and one that will never become reality with the number days that I have onboard & will sail in the future. :(

However I am definitely having fun sailing whenever possible whether I ever make the cut for the top 40 luncheon or not! :D

Several years ago the wife and I went to the cocktail party, and we only had about 100 days each at the time. This was on an Alaskan seven day cruise. With the popularity of the program now, I'm sure that wouldn't happen, even on a short Alaskan cruise.

We made the cut for a wonderful luncheon on the Ocean Princess on a 7 day Greek Isles sailing two years agon when we had 99 days...I was in shock and told DH not to get too used to it as it might be along time before we get another invitation again..:rolleyes:

We made the cut for a wonderful luncheon on the Ocean Princess on a 7 day Greek Isles sailing two years agon when we had 99 days...I was in shock and told DH not to get too used to it as it might be along time before we get another invitation again..:rolleyes:

That happened to us on Ocean Princess as well on a Med cruise two years ago. We only had 97 days and we were invited to the Luncheon, but we chose not to attend. That same year we were on Golden in Alaska and were invited to the most travelled cocktail party which we did attend.

Don't expect to be invited when we are on Crown in August!

Does anyone know when they began having the luncheons/cocktail parties? I sort of remember about 6 or 7 yeas ago but then again we might not have been invited & not even realized that they were being held.

I recall going to a brunch on Sun Princess in 2002, so it has

been going on at least that long.

That makes sense. Older folks are more likely to be retired and can take longer cruises, plus they have probably also been cruising longer. We didn't take our first cruise until 2005 and both still work, so it will take us awhile to get to the top of the heap. :p

WE just returned from a cruise and I saw this question. Earlier this year, my wife and took MIL on a cruise to Hawaii. We were near the top for most travelled and I thought it would be nice if my MIL could go with my wife to the luncheon. She took my place with no problem whatsoever. And I have scored some more good points with my favorite Mother in Law:D

Archived