When do docs arrive?

labguides

HAL hasn't sent ourr documents in about 2 1/2 years.

50 days before departure you will get an e-mail informing you to complete your online "Signature Boarding Pass". This is where you give them your credit card number -- contact information -- flight information, etc.

You can decide if you want to only print out page 1 for each passenger or all 9 or 10 pages -- most of it is the contract.

You also will print out your luggage tags.

I cannot remember from previous cruises.. how far prior to cruise do the docs arrive?

Mindy

Maasdam, May 12 Montreal to Boston

HAL hasn't sent ourr documents in about 2 1/2 years.

50 days before departure you will get an e-mail informing you to complete your online "Signature Boarding Pass". This is where you give them your credit card number -- contact information -- flight information, etc.

You can decide if you want to only print out page 1 for each passenger or all 9 or 10 pages -- most of it is the contract.

You also will print out your luggage tags.

Of the (now) 9 pages, I only print off page 1, 'Signature Preferred Boarding Pass' and page 3, the cruise (map) itinerary! I print off my luggage tags just as soon as my reservation is posted on the HAL website, which is within days of the booking it! :)

The only time documents were sent to us by mail were for a 67 day Asia/Australia cruise on the Amsterdam and for a leg on the World Cruise last year. Any other time the documents were downloaded and printed from the HAL web site.

I cannot remember from previous cruises.. how far prior to cruise do the docs arrive?

Mindy

Maasdam, May 12 Montreal to Boston

Docs arrive 6 weeks prior to cruise per e-mail so you can check in and print them.

Of the (now) 9 pages, I only print off page 1, 'Signature Preferred Boarding Pass' and page 3, the cruise (map) itinerary! I print off my luggage tags just as soon as my reservation is posted on the HAL website, which is within days of the booking it! :)

I only print out Page 1 and 2 luggage for each of us.

Where do you get the real luggage tags? The ones to print are paper and will tear as soon as the handlers get luggage. Do we put these paper ones on luggage and they change them when we turn in the luggage? I'm used to getting real luggage tags from other cruise lines. Thank you.

Actually the paper ones do work. There is no such thing as real tags anymore. What I do is put tape over the tags and them staple them to the bags. Don't put the tags on if your flying but do put them on before getting on the ship. Some people laminate the paper ones, what ever works. :eek:

Where do you get the real luggage tags? The ones to print are paper and will tear as soon as the handlers get luggage. Do we put these paper ones on luggage and they change them when we turn in the luggage? I'm used to getting real luggage tags from other cruise lines. Thank you.

Incorrect! :) I have printed off my paper luggage tags on several occasions, (tri) folded them, as indicated, wrapped them around (both) handles of my (checked) luggage, stapled/taped them, where indicated, and have NEVER had ANY issues with them being torn off by any "handlers"! ;)

I take mine to the office supply store and ask to have them laminated and a hole punched in each. Costs about 50 cents per tag. I add thick cord and it's done. I do not attach to luggage until day we board and I bring a few extra in case I buy a case of wine or an extra piece of luggage.

Not so! We've seen the folded tags put on by so many Psgrs. & they are fine..

However, only because it frequently rains in South Fla, I print up our luggage tags on 90lb card stock, cut them out & spray them with "Red Devil clear plastic spray, which I've used on posters to protect them against the weather..

I attach them with tie wraps & they are always fine..

As far as getting the "real tags" the porters have them, when you check in..

Also be sure if you are traveling in our rainy season to line your suitcases with plastic bags, to protect against the water..

Cheers...Betty

If you want a souvenir tag ;-) with the ships name, ask at the dock.

My tags that were part of our eDocs had a non- existent cabin number on them and I didnt catch it until we were ready to board. The porter re-tagged for me.

When this new program almost 2 1/2 years ago -- I made plastic sleeves to slide the lugage tags into. Then I punch holes in the end. When we are ready to leave the hotel -- I attach the tags to the suitcases by using cable ties.

I have re-used these plastic sleeves numerous times.

When this new program almost 2 1/2 years ago -- I made plastic sleeves to slide the lugage tags into. Then I punch holes in the end. When we are ready to leave the hotel -- I attach the tags to the suitcases by using cable ties.

I have re-used these plastic sleeves numerous times.

Would you care to tell us how you made those plastic sleeves?

We use the vintage HAL luggage tags for our names & address..

Thanks...

Cheers..:)Betty

Of the (now) 9 pages, I only print off page 1, 'Signature Preferred Boarding Pass'

Same here, and they don't even need it once they scan your passport.

We obtain luggage tags from the porters and tag our bags at the pier.

Archived