Luggage tag tip

lindasuej

I am always nervous that the paper luggage tag we attach will somehow become detached. I always put a luggage tag inside my luggage. This way if they have to open up the luggage they can see where it belongs

Linda

I also put a luggage tag in an outside pocket of our bags because we lock ours and they may not be able to gain access to the inside of the bag. Our locks are TSA approved and I know that they can gain access to the inside of luggage however I'm not sure if Princess can do the same thing without cutting off the lock.

Reusable luggage tag holders which can be purchased for less than $3 each gives us an extra level of confidence. Once we had our stapled and packing tape secured luggage tag nearly torn off just going from the pier to the ship. While that may not be normal, reusable luggage tag holders have worked perfectly for us.

Even better; my husband prints out pieces of paper that has our flight information, hotel information, cruise ship, departure date and cabin number to put in our suitcase even before we leave for the airport.

That way, if it's lost ANYWHERE in our travels, there is a way for it to catch up to us! :cool:

I am always nervous that the paper luggage tag we attach will somehow become detached. I always put a luggage tag inside my luggage. This way if they have to open up the luggage they can see where it belongs

Linda

We bought the plastic holders that were on a certain web site that I am not allowed to put in this post. They were the exact length of the paper tags and are reusable! If you do a search in the forums posts you will find the name of this website as it has been posted before.

Buy the plastic reusable tag holders from Serendipity dot com. They are wonderful; I've been using them for two years. Over and over and over...............:D

These are the ones I use as well, and I'm very pleased with them. If Serendipity is the company the other poster was hesitant to name, as they aren't a travel agency they can be named and have been used by many, many posters.

A couple of years ago HAL sent us a package of four plastic luggage tags - the kind with a plastic back (with drawings of HAL ships) and a clear window with a card to fill out with your name and address. If you cut out the Princess tags along the dotted lines, they fit nicely into the HAL tags and work like a charm. ;)

We bought the plastic holders that were on a certain web site that I am not allowed to put in this post. They were the exact length of the paper tags and are reusable! If you do a search in the forums posts you will find the name of this website as it has been posted before.

We did that as well and they work great. We are big on precautions so we have copies of documents everwhere. We even divide up our packing so each suitcase has 1/2 of each of our clothes - we figure the odds on losing both suitcases are minimal.

Buy the plastic reusable tag holders from Serendipity dot com. They are wonderful; I've been using them for two years. Over and over and over...............:D

Best investment cruisers could make,these luggage tag holders are perfect and don't cost a lot. I don't understand why some cruisers refuse to spend 20.00 on about 6 reusable holders and instead fiddling with tape and staplers. :eek: Spend a couple of thousand dollars to cruise and worry about a few bucks to make life easier...I don't get it. All have a great cruise with whatever you want to place on your suit cases:p

If you haven't had the foresight to get tag holders that some mentioned, I have a cheapie way to make sure the printed tags stand up to the rough handling of the porters. Once I print the tags and fold the sides in, I "laminate" mine with clear packing tape, front and back. Then you can either staple them on the bag, or after folding the ends together around the handle, I wrap more clear packing tape around the end to secure it.

Haven't lost one yet! :)

Even better; my husband prints out pieces of paper that has our flight information, hotel information, cruise ship, departure date and cabin number to put in our suitcase even before we leave for the airport.

That way, if it's lost ANYWHERE in our travels, there is a way for it to catch up to us! :cool:

Yes, I DO do this (on the recommendation of folks here at CC), but I do think in future for purposes of dropping the bags with the porters when we board, it DOES make a lot of sense to put an actual copy of the luggage tag inside the suitcase, as that's what the Princess folks will be looking for (in case it gets torn off the outside for some reason.)

Agreed: these are the best!!! Although, we also had no problem (before we bought them) with just covering the paper luggage tags in clear packing tape and taking a tiny little stapler with us. But, these save us any extra effort at all.

I have a thermal laminater. Then I punch holes and use plastic ties to fasten them. I have to cut them off.

Those of you that put info inside the bags are more optimistic than I am. I think if there is no external tag, they aren't going to open your bag. It will just go to the "room of lost luggage" until you go identify it.

These are the ones I use as well, and I'm very pleased with them. If Serendipity is the company the other poster was hesitant to name, as they aren't a travel agency they can be named and have been used by many, many posters.

I just ordered mine. Thanks for the tip! They look great.

Linda

I use packing tape and put it over the luggage tag which strenghthens it greatly then i staple and tape the ends together. Never had any problems.

I just ordered mine. Thanks for the tip! They look great.

Did you order just the clear or the LIVE, LOVE, CRUISE style? I'm about to place an order! I'm ordering 3 extra for Christmas presents for my family that has never cruised before! I'm excited but can't decide between the two!

Did you order just the clear or the LIVE, LOVE, CRUISE style? I'm about to place an order! I'm ordering 3 extra for Christmas presents for my family that has never cruised before! I'm excited but can't decide between the two!

I have these: $2.50

luggage tags)

OOPS; link doesn't work.

Do you mind sharing the link with me? I looked on the site, but I'm not 100% sure which ones they are. Thank you.

They are those that show the Princess luggage tag; cost is $2.95 each. I have four of them and usually use two on each suitcase.

http://www.*******************.com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder.html

As you can see above, link won't show. Just go to the site and find them.

Archived