Luggage tag tip

lindasuej

I put a full itinerary on the top of every suitcase and in the outside pocket if the suitcase has one.

It lists our flights, pre-cruise hotel, cruise ship and date boarding, cabin number, post cruise hotel address and phone and flights home.

Sometimes I type the full itinerary/dates we'll be in what port.

I just ordered mine. Thanks for the tip! They look great.

I think you'll be pleased with the tag holders. Once you fold the luggage tags along the sides, you fold the tags in half and slip the tag into the holder. I assume you also ordered the straps by which you fasten the holders to your luggage.

Did you order just the clear or the LIVE, LOVE, CRUISE style? I'm about to place an order! I'm ordering 3 extra for Christmas presents for my family that has never cruised before! I'm excited but can't decide between the two!

I have the clear.

I am always nervous that the paper luggage tag we attach will somehow become detached. I always put a luggage tag inside my luggage. This way if they have to open up the luggage they can see where it belongs

Linda

Here is what we do.

Each suitcase had 2 personal luggage tags on it -- going to the hotel -- we have the address of the hotel on it. Returning home from the cruise I change the tags to our home address. These are good sturdy tags. Inside each suitcase is our home address.

When we are ready to leave the hotel, I attach the cruise line tags. When HAL started to have us print our own paper tags, I made plastic sleeves that the tags can slip into. The I punched holes at each end. The tags are attached to the suitcase handles by using cable ties. I have been re-using these plastic sleeves for quite a few cruises.

If you are flying directly to the port, you ccan do the same thing -- attach the cruise line tags after you have claimed your luggage in the airport.

Well, I simply cannot find anything useful on serendipity. It seems to be a clearinghouse of web sights. I do a search and get a lot of sites to book cruises, to buy luggage and a really neat regular luggage tag in the shape of a cruise ship. But I can't find any of these other tags you guys are talking about.

I'm just curious, mind you. I've been using the tape method and they work too well.

One should always travel with extra info in one's checked luggage. A business card with your home address and a note reading this is the owner of the bag is also a wise suggestion. Make sure it's in a place easily found by others.

As a flight attendant, I can't tell you how many times we find a bag and look inside for a name to page at the airport, and find nothing!

Well, I simply cannot find anything useful on serendipity. It seems to be a clearinghouse of web sights. I do a search and get a lot of sites to book cruises, to buy luggage and a really neat regular luggage tag in the shape of a cruise ship. But I can't find any of these other tags you guys are talking about.

I'm just curious, mind you. I've been using the tape method and they work too well.

One should always travel with extra info in one's checked luggage. A business card with your home address and a note reading this is the owner of the bag is also a wise suggestion. Make sure it's in a place easily found by others.

As a flight attendant, I can't tell you how many times we find a bag and look inside for a name to page at the airport, and find nothing!

I will walk you through it.

www dot ******************* dot com

In the right upper hand corner where it says favor search, type in luggage tags

You will then get the page you want. The first tag on the left is what we all have and it even shows a Princess tag in it.

OK. didn't work. The beginning and end are good; all you need is the middle which is: favors by serendipity which should be written as one word.

The web site serendipity I get has no favor search in the right hand corner. The page I get with that address says, "Your 1 stop resource."

Across the top are links to homes for sales, apartments, dating service, chat rooms and airline tickets.

There is a search on the top left, which I tried to search for luggage tags, but I found nothing of the sort of what you mention.

Like I say, not a big deal. I'm sticking with my tape. LOL. Sticking. I made a funny!:D

The web site serendipity I get has no favor search in the right hand corner. The page I get with that address says, "Your 1 stop resource."

Across the top are links to homes for sales, apartments, dating service, chat rooms and airline tickets.

There is a search on the top left, which I tried to search for luggage tags, but I found nothing of the sort of what you mention.

Like I say, not a big deal. I'm sticking with my tape. LOL. Sticking. I made a funny!:D

favors by serendipity .com/luggage-tags

Took me a little bit to find the site because I was ending up at the same place as you were.

You need to follow my instructions to get the right page. If you give me an email I will send you the link.

Here is what we do.

Each suitcase had 2 personal luggage tags on it -- going to the hotel -- we have the address of the hotel on it. Returning home from the cruise I change the tags to our home address. These are good sturdy tags. Inside each suitcase is our home address.

When we are ready to leave the hotel, I attach the cruise line tags. When HAL started to have us print our own paper tags, I made plastic sleeves that the tags can slip into. The I punched holes at each end. The tags are attached to the suitcase handles by using cable ties. I have been re-using these plastic sleeves for quite a few cruises.

If you are flying directly to the port, you ccan do the same thing -- attach the cruise line tags after you have claimed your luggage in the airport.

What did you use for the plastic from which you made the sleeves?

I've been using HAL's Mariners tags they sent out in the Magazine and they work fine.

We fly into a city, then stay at a hotel pre-cruise, then the cruise and airport again. We bought tags that have the airport code (ATL for home airport and our most used airports) at an on-line store..can't remember the name. We also put an 8 x 11 sheet that has our itinerary with dates, day of week, where we will be etc. in each piece of luggage..right on top, not folded..ready to see if opened. We put our cell phone number and last name. That way if we get separated from a piece of luggage, the second they open it, they know where we are on that day/date.

Went to serendipity dot com and it's nothing more than a search engine... what am I doing wrong? Was interested in checking out the reusable luggage tags you guys were talking about...

You need to write, as one word, favors by serendipity and then dot com

When you get the correct front page there will be a box in the upper right corner that says favor search. Type in luggage tags and the page will pop up.

Newbie question: How many should I buy? We're going on an Alaska cruise with a landtour portion beforehand...so will we have luggage tags on our carry-on suitcases as well?

We're planning on taking 2 carry-ons and 1 larger suitcase.

Newbie question: How many should I buy? We're going on an Alaska cruise with a landtour portion beforehand...so will we have luggage tags on our carry-on suitcases as well?

We're planning on taking 2 carry-ons and 1 larger suitcase.

i put a luggage tag on everything--including my camera case. You just dont know when you get a mind fart and leave something behind.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived