Weird or Crazy things you have found in a stateroom

luv2cruiserccl

I strongly believe in returning lost or left items to the owners. (Twice that kindness has been extended to me.) HOWEVER, I believe if I found a large amount of money, I would give my name and contact information to those in charge and keep the money until it was claimed and identified by the appropriate person. (I'm not talking about just on a cruise ship. If there is not a police station to return it to, it stays with me.) Anybody else feel this way?

Kathy

My DD found a kids style small back pack in the parking lot of the pizza hut. She picked it up and we eventually went home because no one claimed it. We forgot about it in the back seat and the next day I opened it and found a whole bunch of $1s and an ID. I figured it had to be a waitress there since I know about $1 tips:mad:

I called info, got the number and the girl was about 15. her mom said that something was 'shady' about it because I didnt call right away and I had to go explain myself to a police officer. The police officer was a little hostile to my kid saying that she stole it from inside to pizza hut. Wierd since it was returned with every penny in it.

Therefore, I promised myself if I ever found a wallet I would take the money and toss the thing in the trash. its been 12 years and although I have found wallets sitting on seats etc, I just cant bring myself to do it. Maybe one day...

Oh, and I left a whole cabinet full of accessories in a cabin once. About 10 necklaces, some bracelets, and some earrings. So mad at myself!!!

Because I lost something in the cabin years ago, DH pulls the drawers before we leave. He's found lots of stuff, none of it ours. . . Bras, stockings, pantyhose. We leave the stuff he finds in the trash as we go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once found a previous guests toiletry bag hanging on the bathroom door...as it was obvious cabin had not been cleaned hubby paid a couple of visits to guest services until it was cleaned. :(

Also once found a credit card in the safe under the "carpet" bottom... was for Navy Federal Credit Union so figured it was active or retired military...took that to guest services too!

Never really pulled the drawers out to check ... might be new entertainment on the next cruise. :D

I called info, got the number and the girl was about 15. her mom said that something was 'shady' about it because I didnt call right away and I had to go explain myself to a police officer. The police officer was a little hostile to my kid saying that she stole it from inside to pizza hut. Wierd since it was returned with every penny in it.

Just supports my favorite saying 'No good deed goes unpunished'. Sad that someone would give you such a hard time for being honest. And seriously, even if you child had stolen it, YOU made sure it was returned. The police did NOT need to be brought in to this.

Erika

Never really pulled the drawers out to check ... might be new entertainment on the next cruise. :D

Actually, might be a good idea for all of us do this the last day when we are packing to disembark to make sure we haven't left anything behind!

Just a question. Why didn't you turn the pictures in? Someone paid for them and they weren't yours. I guess it is a good idea to check just in case someone decides to keep what's yours.

We've never found anything.

Who knows how long those photos were in the back of the drawers for? And.... do you really think that the cruise line would try to find the correct home for them? Yeah, right. :(

And back then (20 years or so ago), those photos were not as pricey as they are nowadays. :p

• 8 months later...

Not on a cruise, but one time when I was a kid my family was entertaining some family friends, and we went for a walk on the Marginal Way in Ogunquit, ME (long, scenic walkway on cliffs, along the ocean). While there, my brother found a bra lying on the ground. He picked it up with stick and carried it, dangling from the stick, past a big group of tourists and past my parents' friends in order to show it to my parents. My mom was so embarassed that he did made such a scene, but we thought it was hilarious! We wondered how the bra got there.

On one of our first cruises, we found someone's cruise photos and mailed them to one of our cruise buddies unsigned and stated "wish you were here - the chicken she is dry". When he got the photos, he had no idea who the people were and was confused. He figured out it was from us by the chicken remark (which was made to us (and him) by a waiter on a previous cruise). :rolleyes:

And it's always good to double check there before you disembark the ship especially if you overstuff the drawers.

Those might be MY pictures. Thanks a lot.

Just a question. Why didn't you turn the pictures in? Someone paid for them and they weren't yours. I guess it is a good idea to check just in case someone decides to keep what's yours.

We've never found anything.

Yes, I cannot figure out why anyone would not turn them in.

On the Dream in 2009 I lost a photo card with 174 pictures of Rome and other Mediterranean ports and the ship on it. I contacted Carnival, who contacted the steward and he said he had not found them. I know the CD and he went by to check with the steward two weeks later and they still were not found. So, yes, they do follow up. I never got my pictures from my first Med cruise. People who thoughtlessly throw them about might be robbing someone like me of my vacation pictures.

On another note, they might be behind the drawers on the floor because we did overstuff the drawers sometimes. So if anyone is in 9362 on the Dream, would you take the drawers out and look on the floor underneath to see if my photo card is there? I put it in the plastic container that held the new one.

On one of our first cruises, we found someone's cruise photos and mailed them to one of our cruise buddies unsigned and stated "wish you were here - the chicken she is dry". When he got the photos, he had no idea who the people were and was confused.

http://www.ifoundyourcamera.net

just sayin'

Someone here on cc suggested this and it made sence the first few photos taken on my camera where from my house they suggested getting on computer make a word doc I had my name home address city state zip cell number and also what's ship I was going to be on and stateroom number so if I lost it I would hope someone would look thrum photos and get it returned. So just a suggestion I thought it was a good idea.

Someone here on cc suggested this and it made sence the first few photos taken on my camera where from my house they suggested getting on computer make a word doc I had my name home address city state zip cell number and also what's ship I was going to be on and stateroom number so if I lost it I would hope someone would look thrum photos and get it returned. So just a suggestion I thought it was a good idea.

I did that.

The first picture on my camera card is a picture of my computer screen with my name, cell phone number, address and email address.

Everyone should do that.

Didn't help my pictures come home, but might help someone sometime.

• 1 month later...
I did that.

The first picture on my camera card is a picture of my computer screen with my name, cell phone number, address and email address.

Everyone should do that.

Didn't help my pictures come home, but might help someone sometime.

That's a good idea. I put a name/address sticker on my camera and added e-mail address. At least it provides the opportunity for someone to do the right thing if they should find my lost or stolen camera

It's all we really can do is add some ID to our property, just in case.

That's a good idea. I put a name/address sticker on my camera and added e-mail address. At least it provides the opportunity for someone to do the right thing if they should find my lost or stolen camera

YA i bought some luggage tags on amazon and on one side has the ship info

Name of cruise line

Ship Name

deck number and stateroom number

then the other side had

my name

address

city state zip

and cell phone number

(note i had my phone on while on ship in case i lost it someone could call or text me plus in case family wanted to get ahold of me for medical issue's emergency's etc)

then i took to local library and used here laminating machine and was done.

These worked for the plane ride and while on the cruise well. I also had a stroller and had one on that as well. I went to local staples and got a couple sheets of bright Orange paper and those stuck right out easy to find luggage at port as well upon return.

1539911369_Luggagetagoneside.jpg.ec6c787df1a4a6cc69514c817239eec6.jpg

someone here on CC suggested the idea of taking the first few photos on your contact info and i thought that was a great idea just in case.

HAL has pre-paid drink cards. On our last HAL cruise, we didn't finish our last one, so I left it in the Bible in the cabin....hoping the steward wouldn't find and confiscate it and someone else could enjoy it.

Sometimes thing you find aren't "yucky"!