Weird or Crazy things you have found in a stateroom

luv2cruiserccl

On our first cruise we found a beach towel, not the ship's but a nice brown one with a scene on it, at the back of a top shelf in the closet. We had it laundered and brought it home, figuring it would otherwise sit in lost and found forever. That is all we've ever found on more than a dozen cruises.

I don't think we've ever left anything behind, but after reading these notes I think I'll pull out all the drawers from now on to see if anything has fallen behind.

I know that on our 14 day AK cruise on the Amsterdam, before our departure we made sure we looked under and behind the loveseat as well as between the wall and loveseat since we'd used half the loveseat for souvenirs, clothes, etc. We didn't want to lose anything.

No we have never found anything in a cabin. But my daughter is a loser. I cannot remember a trip when we came home with everything. On the Carnival Freedom 2 summers ago she lost her only souvenir a Key West sweatshirt. I called Carnival when I got home but they never found it. Another teen from the cruise said that he had seen another girl from the cruise wearing the same one in the airport. They both probubly bought the same one but it makes you wonder.

That's a good idea. I put a name/address sticker on my camera and added e-mail address. At least it provides the opportunity for someone to do the right thing if they should find my lost or stolen camera

It also provides the finder the information that the house may be vacant! A simple phone call by the finder might spell disaster for some people, far worse than a lost camera.

john

It also provides the finder the information that the house may be vacant! A simple phone call by the finder might spell disaster for some people, far worse than a lost camera.

john

Awful lot of information. I agree, a phone number would be all I'd give and be very careful not to lose it

john

I would do the same thing I do with airport luggage tags-put my name and cell on but use my work address rather than my home address. Problem solved :)

• Like 1

On my most recent cruise I found a beach towel and 2 room service trays -- which wouldn't have been so odd if I hadn't found them BETWEEN my mattress and the bed springs...

I'm just curious as to why you were looking between the mattress and box spring? :confused:

Someone here on cc suggested this and it made sence the first few photos taken on my camera where from my house they suggested getting on computer make a word doc I had my name home address city state zip cell number and also what's ship I was going to be on and stateroom number so if I lost it I would hope someone would look thrum photos and get it returned. So just a suggestion I thought it was a good idea.

We have done that before. We havent had to see if it works yet(fortunately) but I think it would work. I know if i found a camera, the first thing i do is flip through a couple of pictures for a couple reasons. One is to see if theres any clues as to who the camera belongs to and the other reason is because I am just nosey. lol :D

On one particular cruise line.. I looked under the bed to see if it had all been cleaned properly and there was a notice saying...YES, we do clean under here!

it made me laugh so much I took a picture of it

That is awesome!:D

We found a watch a few years ago in our stateroom when we unpacked. It was on a shelf above the vanity. And yes, I kept it and I still wear it almost every day.

It might have been special to someone. I'd have taken it to Guest Services, so they could contact the previous occupant and return it to them.

I'm just curious as to why you were looking between the mattress and box spring? :confused:

Because I was trying to figure out why my bed was so lumpy!!

As much as I loved almost everything else about Princess, the bed in my room on Grand was even worse to try to sleep on than the rock hard "sofa bed" on Norwegian Star. Fortunately I found some very comfy lounge chairs and made up for my lack of night-time sleep with long afternoon naps :) Crossing fingers that my bed on Caribbean Princess will be at least a little bit better. I can handle a wide range of soft/hard beds as long as they are flat!

Edited by gymbomb

We found a watch a few years ago in our stateroom when we unpacked. It was on a shelf above the vanity. And yes, I kept it and I still wear it almost every day.

I'm hoping this is a 'shock appeal' post :D as it's hard to imagine you would not have turned the watch into Lost and Found or if you did keep it, you would boast on a public forum about doing so. :eek:

With a nice note from the previous occupant. No name or anything just "We didn't get around to enjoying these. Hope that you do" A very nice jesture that I have since adopted when we have a bottle left.

That is a great idea! We have often sent them as a gift to someone we met onboard :)

With a nice note from the previous occupant. No name or anything just "We didn't get around to enjoying these. Hope that you do" A very nice jesture that I have since adopted when we have a bottle left.

I'm wondering if they had actually left them for the room host?

:)

On a previous HAL Noordam cruise I left two bottles of Guinness in the unlocked safe.

I didn't get around to enjoying them.

If it was you that found them, ;) I hope that you did enjoy them. :p

Now I'm waiting for Karma to catch up. :D

My DD found a kids style small back pack in the parking lot of the pizza hut. She picked it up and we eventually went home because no one claimed it. We forgot about it in the back seat and the next day I opened it and found a whole bunch of $1s and an ID. I figured it had to be a waitress there since I know about $1 tips:mad:

I called info, got the number and the girl was about 15. her mom said that something was 'shady' about it because I didnt call right away and I had to go explain myself to a police officer. The police officer was a little hostile to my kid saying that she stole it from inside to pizza hut. Wierd since it was returned with every penny in it.

Therefore, I promised myself if I ever found a wallet I would take the money and toss the thing in the trash. its been 12 years and although I have found wallets sitting on seats etc, I just cant bring myself to do it. Maybe one day...

Oh, and I left a whole cabinet full of accessories in a cabin once. About 10 necklaces, some bracelets, and some earrings. So mad at myself!!!

I found a roll of bills, about $50, once in Wal-Mart. I really debated about turning it in, not because I wanted to keep it, but because I feared it would 'disappear' somehow in customer service. I finally went to them and they assured me that unclaimed money was given to a specific charity, which they named. I'm still hoping either the person got it back or it actually was given to a good cause. I would not be able to just keep it, morally.

So thankful for honest people. I have had a camera returned to me on cruise ships that I left on the MDR table, more than once. Yes, I am forgetful.

My parents did this once. They were doing a back to back (2 diff cruise lines). They won a couple bottles of champagne on the first cruise, and also bought a couple to board with. When they arrived at the second ship they explained that they had not planned on having the extra but had won it. The lady was really nasty to them, which was aggrevated my father, not that they confiscated his two extra bottles. It was returned on the last night of the cruise.

He tucked it away with life preservers for the next cruisers to find, back when you had to take the life preservers to muster.

I've read a review recently on Carnival board, where during the cruise a steward found somebody else' adult toy (di.do) under the bed, probably assumed it was current cruisers' and left it on top of the desk.

A likely story. Lol. Did you/he expect them to claim it as theirs?lol

No we have never found anything in a cabin. But my daughter is a loser. I cannot remember a trip when we came home with everything. On the Carnival Freedom 2 summers ago she lost her only souvenir a Key West sweatshirt. I called Carnival when I got home but they never found it. Another teen from the cruise said that he had seen another girl from the cruise wearing the same one in the airport. They both probubly bought the same one but it makes you wonder.

LMAO. Does your daughter know you are going around calling her a loser? hehehehehe

Well....I guess we didn't really find the bird in our stateroom. We were leaving one port (can't remember which one) on our RCCL cruise in October of 2011. We went to go on the balcony and a stow away bird flew into the cabin and posted on the "desk" in our room. It didn't fly around once in the room, just stayed there until we got guest services to come and remove our stow away. We made sure to get pictures of the bird in our cabin before it was removed.

john

That is exactly what I was thinking.

• 1 month later...