Weird or Crazy things you have found in a stateroom

luv2cruiserccl

We had just boarded our first cruise and I went to the restroom in the lobby. After entering the stall, I noticed a lg. ziploc bag with cruise documents, money, and a passport. I took them to guest services and they wanted my name and cabin number because they "were sure that the owner would want to thank me for my honesty".

I'm still waiting on that thank you. :rolleyes:

We found a 8x10 formal night photo on one of our cruises. I took it to guest services and just hope it got to the owners. We also left a bottle of wine once, with a note wishing the new occupants a cruise as wonderful as ours was. We talked to the room steward ahead of time so hopefully he wouldn't take it. If he did, I hope he enjoyed it!

While unpacking, I opened the cabinet door of the nightstand. Inside was a women's jammies...shorts and a top kind. I tossed those babies in the trash.

Well, that adds another place to my anti-Norovirus pre-cruise lysol scrub down project: the insides of all drawers.

Have just remembered, on an earlier cruise I stepped onto an elevator. and spotted a .22 bullet, in its unspent case. I could not get to the front desk fast enough.

john

Wow that would be a shock u wonder how that got thru security

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk please excuse typographical errors

I found a roll of bills, about $50, once in Wal-Mart. I really debated about turning it in, not because I wanted to keep it, but because I feared it would 'disappear' somehow in customer service. I finally went to them and they assured me that unclaimed money was given to a specific charity, which they named. I'm still hoping either the person got it back or it actually was given to a good cause. I would not be able to just keep it, morally.

So thankful for honest people. I have had a camera returned to me on cruise ships that I left on the MDR table, more than once. Yes, I am forgetful.

My SIL lost cash ($60) while on a Celebrity cruise last October. She checked with lost & found and they had it! Whoever turned it in, all I can say is good on you for being an honest person. Glad it wasn't found by that person from Michigan.

A pair of boxer shorts that went quickly into trashcan, and once found a fried chicken leg under the bed at a hotel...I got a new room.

Also one other non cruise related trip. I was sent out of town for work, I checked into a well known, higher end hotel. When I got to my room, I pulled back the comforter and sheets (something I always do) to make sure bed is fresh and clean. It was not, lets just say it looked like dog had been sleeping in bed. Before i can get my luggage and get back to lobby, one of the hotel security guards just barged into the room, I had locked the door. I not sure who was more surprised. I got a new room. I'm guessing the security guard and a female member of the hotel staff were using that room for afternoon quickies.

Also one other non cruise related trip. I was sent out of town for work, I checked into a well known, higher end hotel. When I got to my room, I pulled back the comforter and sheets (something I always do) to make sure bed is fresh and clean. It was not, lets just say it looked like dog had been sleeping in bed. Before i can get my luggage and get back to lobby, one of the hotel security guards just barged into the room, I had locked the door. I not sure who was more surprised. I got a new room. I'm guessing the security guard and a female member of the hotel staff were using that room for afternoon quickies.

Too funny! What if you'd come in while it was being "occupied."

Maybe a totally free room! Or, if it was a high enough hotel staffer, comped rooms for several trips. :D

• 5 months later...

Here is a quick suggestion for cameras and small backpacks. When printing out my luggage tags, I make a page of teeny tiny ones by setting my printer to print at 35% size. I use packing tape to make them strong, punch a hole in them and use a tiny zip tie to attach them to our camera strap, inside an evening bag, on the zipper of bags and things. It won't help if you lose your stuff off the ship, but if onboard, then it shows your name and cabin number.

Someone here on cc suggested this and it made sence the first few photos taken on my camera where from my house they suggested getting on computer make a word doc I had my name home address city state zip cell number and also what's ship I was going to be on and stateroom number so if I lost it I would hope someone would look thrum photos and get it returned. So just a suggestion I thought it was a good idea.

Great idea. thanks.

I strongly believe in returning lost or left items to the owners. (Twice that kindness has been extended to me.) HOWEVER, I believe if I found a large amount of money, I would give my name and contact information to those in charge and keep the money until it was claimed and identified by the appropriate person. (I'm not talking about just on a cruise ship. If there is not a police station to return it to, it stays with me.) Anybody else feel this way?

Kathy

I couldn't agree more. You always have to wonder wether the person you turn it into is as honest as you!

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Forums mobile app

When we took a ship on it's maiden voyage, we found the luggage of the crew member who had used that cabin whilst training. We reported it and he did come and thank us and apologize for inconveniencing us. He was transferring to another ship for more training.

1955 on Homeric. Arriving in Quebec I pulled the draws out to check behind.The bottom draw had a line of perfume bottles behind it, about 12 to 15 as I recall.

I told my cabin steward, and his face said it all, but, landing in a new country I did not want any trouble, so I kept my mouth shut.

As a footnote the crossing from Dover to Quebec was most enjoyable. Free wine at lunch and dinner, liquor? 10c a shot, [now THAT'S duty free]. and some entertainment. Some years ago I rated that higher than a cruise that my wife and I took on the Norway. IMO other than the theatre, she was over rated. Imagine, a dining room with no view of the sea.

john

A couple cruises back we found scrapbook pages and paper and doodads for scrapbooking behind the couch. Something of ours slipped behind there, I think a picture or something. When we pulled the couch to retrieve our item we found that stuff.