D+ BOGO first nite coupon ?

Has anyone else been sucessful in using the BOGO specialty restaurant coupon on a later night on any ship? We were allowed to use ours in Portofino on the second night when I explained that my husband hadn't felt well on the first night.

We take advantage of the BOGO on all cruises (except Monarch). Oasis was BOGO from the coupon book on the first night only as it was the Allure. I have learned to book the dinner for ONE person and pay for that ONE person before I board, then both of us show up. Before doing it that way they refunded my 2 person payment and then charged the BOGO for one person. It has been much easier booking and paying for just one of us.

I think they mark them for the first night only, because many people are tired from traveling, and reservations are much lower for the first night. I would think maybe the older ships would allow use of the coupon later in the cruise. May also depend on how many reservations are made for the rest of the week too.

Good to hear about Navigator. I used mine on Mariner. Seems such a shame that both my husband and I get a coupon but for first night only. So we always throw one away. I'm going to start trying to use both. Worst that can happen is they say no!

We will be D+ for our next cruise. I had no idea you had to use this coupon the first night. I'm assuming my bf and I both get one in our books? If so, what do you do with the other one?

Should I prebook for the first night for one and then show up with the coupon to pay for the other?

Thanks!

We will be D+ for our next cruise. I had no idea you had to use this coupon the first night. I'm assuming my bf and I both get one in our books? If so, what do you do with the other one?

Should I prebook for the first night for one and then show up with the coupon to pay for the other?

Thanks!

That's the way a lot of folks do it.

Thanks!

Are you traveling with friends who are not D+? If so, you can use both coupons for your party of 4. We've done that several times. Otherwise, unless the ship will make an exception and let you use the 2nd coupon on another night (don't expect or count on that), you will only be able to use one.

We take advantage of the BOGO on all cruises (except Monarch). Oasis was BOGO from the coupon book on the first night only as it was the Allure. I have learned to book the dinner for ONE person and pay for that ONE person before I board, then both of us show up. Before doing it that way they refunded my 2 person payment and then charged the BOGO for one person. It has been much easier booking and paying for just one of us.

Just curious: How would the coupon work on Monarch since Jade is A la carte?

We used both of ours on the Mariner two weeks ago; One on the first night and the second on Tuesday night. Had to ask but the manager from Portofino was able to get it approved.

That's exactly what I just did on Liberty. When I showed up, I asked them if I did it right and they said yes. In fact, they told me they prefer it that way because if you pre-book 2, you pay for 2, which means they then have to credit one back to your account as OBC.

That's exactly what I just did on Liberty. When I showed up, I asked them if I did it right and they said yes. In fact, they told me they prefer it that way because if you pre-book 2, you pay for 2, which means they then have to credit one back to your account as OBC.

Awesome! Thanks...that's what I will do.

• 2 months later...
I believe the coupon lists that it is only valid for Portofino, Chops, Giovanni's, Samba, and 150 Central Park.

Here is what is listed on the current BOGO coupon for D+/PC Members.....

Specialty Restaurant First Night BUY ONE GET ONE FREE - (Offer includes Chops Grille, Portofino, 150 Central Park Avenue, Solarium Bistro, Giovanni's Table and Samba Grill. Valid for both pre-cruise and shipboard reservations, on ships with participating specialty restaurants. Only one guest needs to be D+ Subject to availability and valid to dine only on the first night of the cruise. You must redeem cerficate at the time of purchase. Photocopies not accepted).

Archived