Pet Peeves

SewMuch

I read this whole thread between yesterday and today (I "couldn't put it down," I guess) and most of these comments are hilarious.

Earlier today I saw a young girl on the train (couldn't have been older than 11 or 12) and she was wearing a "halter top"--really more like a tube-ish top with two strings tied around her neck--and a regular bra! I couldn't believe her mother let her out of the house like that. Maybe she thought a strapless bra was too "old" for her but clearly having half her bra hanging out of her shirt is sooo much better.

Anyway, some of my (many, many) fashion pet peeves:

1. Sandals that have the enclosed ankle and heel, almost like a short boot with a sandal front. At that point, you might as well be wearing regular shoes.

2. I don't get wearing Uggs in the summer, but what's worse is girls that wear Uggs in the snow/slush. They're already not the cutest boot, but then they get that oh-so-attractive road salt stain.

3. Girls who think the flip-flop is a formal shoe. I live very close to a college and I know those girls own heels because I see them carrying them back to campus on Saturday and Sunday mornings. But come graduation day, they're all wearing flip-flops. Because heels are perfect for a party in someone's illegal basement apartment, but for graduation they're just too dressy. :rolleyes:

4. Skrillex hair. Why?

Electronic music producer, singer, songwriter.

a.jpg

No idea either, had to Google. :D

thumbnail.aspx?q=4993230796095528&id=1e8b8f81bd59d3ad1fc22c32a356adb9

Actually, this is a better representation of what I'm talking about. Long hair with a random part shaved off. I've seen it mostly on girls since they are mostly the ones that already have long hair. I just don't get it...what are they going to do when this is no longer trendy and they have this random short part??

thumbnail.aspx?q=4993230796095528&id=1e8b8f81bd59d3ad1fc22c32a356adb9

Actually, this is a better representation of what I'm talking about. Long hair with a random part shaved off. I've seen it mostly on girls since they are mostly the ones that already have long hair. I just don't get it...what are they going to do when this is no longer trendy and they have this random short part??

Oh euch... I hate this too. I remember seeing this in the early 90s on boys, shaved head except for on the top of the head so they could wear it in a ponytail. :eek::rolleyes:

I think if his hair looked clean and combed it wouldn't be as "pet peevish", at least for me.

Although I do not wear one, I have many friends who wear wigs and they look great..however, a bad sewn-in job is another story. Ick. Or, a head with a beautiful hair color and then a giant streak of purple or some other bright color.."Rainbow Bright".

Oh euch... I hate this too. I remember seeing this in the early 90s on boys, shaved head except for on the top of the head so they could wear it in a ponytail. :eek::rolleyes:

Note to the Men out there...How 'bout sandals with socks!!!:eek: {and women too}

OR "boat/deck or topsider shoes" with socks:eek:

open toed shoes with pantyhose...with seams showing!!! :eek:

do I have a foot fetish? Maybe?...lol

And chipped nail polish...just skanky if you ask me. If you don't have the color with you...bring nail poilish remover!!! Jus' sayin' ;)

Ok, this has mostly been very entertaining. And I have to agree with about 90% of the pet peeves. I'm afraid I might have been guilty of a few of these, platform shoes in the 70's, nylons with all dresses (but nude toes with no seams only) lol. I guess my newest pet peeve seems to be one of the popular fashions here right now. Why is it that most of the summer clothes seem to be made out of pre-wrinkled material?:eek: My dd laughs at me cause when I look at the stuff I always tell her the first thing I would need to do if I bought it is take it home and iron it. :rolleyes:

Add this to the list of hair pet peeves: A color job gone very bad...

OK then. No Skrillex hair for me. DH (who doesn't even want me to cut my hair) would have a stroke if I shaved a random portion of my hair off. :eek:

• 4 months later...
Yep, I find it funny when someone here tells of their pet peeve and someone gets offended and starts defending themselves :rolleyes:

Aren't we entitled to our opinions after all?

Or someone has to point out that it's OK to do this or that IF you're sick :confused:

Can we also get offended discussing favourite foods, music and films? There'd be some interesting flaming :D

This is such a fun thread, and most people will take it all with a grain of salt, but one thing that I have discovered on CC is that people can be offended by comments on ANY topic, and that includes foods, music, and films. LOL

Add this to the list of hair pet peeves: A color job gone very bad...

When I was growing out my gray hair, my stylist put in highlight to blend the old and new which worked great, for most of the process. But, for some reason it turned a weird orangey color at one point! That is when I went in and told her to cut off anything left that had ever had coloring on it, then make a style out if what's left.

Nothing worse than wearing a pet peeve on your own head!!! :eek::eek:

When I was growing out my gray hair, my stylist put in highlight to blend the old and new which worked great, for most of the process. But, for some reason it turned a weird orangey color at one point! That is when I went in and told her to cut off anything left that had ever had coloring on it, then make a style out if what's left.

Nothing worse than wearing a pet peeve on your own head!!! :eek::eek:

My sis did this a couple years ago. When she finally got enough of the "color" grown out to cut off, her natural hair color never looked better. She had hardly any of the gray they had been trying to blend (that turned orangey). She went through about a year (short hair) of discolored hair and while I don't want to say it was horrible, it sure was noticeable.

Having been in the hairstyling business for years, I realize there are people who do coloring that should just stick to cutting, good hair coloring is an art.

Oh yeah, jammie bottoms and slippers out and about.. I have had young girls come in to apply for a job in their jammies:eek:

And you are right, leggings are not pants repeat again:D

Kris

Oh yes-so right-I often see women my age and size (nearing 60- I am 58 and size 14-16) wearing those with a top just below the waist or evenshorter. I do not wear them at all-unless it is a cold winter day for extra warmth. (then I call them long johns LOL!) but even young SLIM women need to wear leggins with a top that covers their butt.

I don't like navy and black worn together. The exception would be an article of clothing with a pattern or stripes containing those colors but black pants and a navy top aren't a good look imo.

I also hate seeing adult women wearing a towel around their bathing suit like its a cover up outside any pool or beach area.

I do not either-I do not care how much Staci and Clinton says you can put 2 neutrals together. It looks like you got dressed without enough light and thought you had picked 2 navys or 2 blacks to me. I also find often 2 blacks or 2 navys can be very different in shade when put together-so even that does not always work-unless you bought them together.

• 4 weeks later...

Wrinkled clothes, people--- please take time to iron your clothes. I've had people tell me "oh I never iron" and the bubble over my head is "yes, I can tell".

Socks with Sandals,:eek: I cannot stand seeing that and I totally hate the baseball hats at dinner,the baggy pants, and shirts that are 10 miles to big.

My biggest clothing/fashion pet peeve in the whole entire world, is guys who sag their pants.

Is there any female who thinks that is even remotely attractive?? :confused:

And now there's the 'drop pants' - or whatever they call them - that Justin Bieber wears all the time. I hate that look so much, and think it's so completely ridiculous, that it literally makes me angry, lol.

What females think they are remotely attractive?

Take a look at the woman who is usually with him and what she's wearing!

My biggest clothing/fashion pet peeve in the whole entire world, is guys who sag their pants.

Is there any female who thinks that is even remotely attractive?? :confused:

And now there's the 'drop pants' - or whatever they call them - that Justin Bieber wears all the time. I hate that look so much, and think it's so completely ridiculous, that it literally makes me angry, lol.

It must bother you to be out around the general population then.

I once saw a pretty young woman wearing a backless sundress. On her back, and covering a huge portion of it were surgically (I hope) induced deep scars in a concentric pattern. It was the ugliest and saddest thing I have ever seen.

To purposely scar your body in order to get attention is pretty inconceivable to the general population. To cancer, burn and other survivors of accidents & disease who are scarred by no choice of their own, it is a slap in the face.

Archived