Pet Peeves

SewMuch

Calling all Fashion Police!

Since this is the Fashion Board, I know everyone here cares about appearances. So do you have a pet peeve?

Mine is: I hate to see baseball hats at the dinner table, so I don't want to see them in the MDR, not even on casual night. Of course thats a woman's point of view - some guys seem to think that hat is part of their head.

Please keep it civil...Sometimes we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Calling all Fashion Police!

Since this is the Fashion Board, I know everyone here cares about appearances. So do you have a pet peeve?

Mine is: I hate to see baseball hats at the dinner table, so I don't want to see them in the MDR, not even on casual night. Of course thats a woman's point of view - some guys seem to think that hat is part of their head.

Please keep it civil...Sometimes we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Caps/Hats in any restaurant are out of place (in my opinion)...not

just on a cruiseship.

Panty lines under too-tight clothes! And, bras that ride up in the back and are visible under your shirt! If that happens, your band is TOO BIG! Get sized! Oh, and bra straps under "tube tops" or other strapless shirts!!!

I admit my pet peeves have to do with women doing things that I was always raised to believe don't look good, or that my mom would have killed me for doing. My main one is unsupported breasts in a situation where breast support is indicated.

At the pool, in your bathing suit? No problem. Bathing suits with more than a cheap shelf bra are expensive.

If you are lucky enough to have breasts that naturally do not need support? No problem. I wish I was so lucky.

Out in public, wearing a spaghetti-strap sun dress, and your breasts hang lower than you diaphragm, please put a bra on. If I can find a supportive strapless bra, almost anyone can.

The whole slovenly look: ball caps in MDR, especially turned around, t-shirts 2 sizes too big, and my #1 pet peeve, is the pants' waist hanging down below your butt. I also don't like the hoodie look with the hood up for no reason.

As an aside , I should say I am old and was raised that clothes make the man.

Hey! This is going to be interesting... *marks spot*

I won't call it a peeve, but a faux pas... white stockings with black shoes... unless you're twelve and under. :D

And your shoes are patent leather with a little taffeta bow. :D

A lot of mine have already been mentioned, bras that don't fit--or worse yet lack of bras. I do disagree with the previous poster, bathing suit or not, it needs to be supportive. Spend the money, it's really not much more, or better yet, buy one at the end of the season for next year. If you can't wear a bra (of some sort) under that gown and are bigger than an "A" cup or over 25, it's not the right gown for you.

Baseball caps make me crazy pretty much anywhere except in the sun. I was raised that men take their hat off when entering a building, regardless of the type of hat they are wearing. Exceptions for certain religious headwear of course!

Panty lines under tight clothes. Gross. Too tight clothes over cellulite. Double gross. I don't need so see the cottage cheese because someone thinks they are two sizes smaller than they actually are.

Speedos. I don't care to see some dudes junk.

Men in sneakers with suits or dress pants or even chinos. Yes, we notice, and yes, we think it's ridiculous even if we are polite enough to not comment. Of course for people with foot problems, it's a different story.

People who don't realize that sometimes "more is less." It's unfortunate that some women don't understand the difference between seductive and slutty.

If I can smell their cologne five minutes after they've left the room, they are wearing too much. In fact if I can smell it without leaning into them, they are wearing too much.

White and yellow shoes.

Idk why but I just hate them!

Lexi - do you mean white shoes, and yellow shoes, or shoes that are white and yellow? I consider you one of the more style-conscious people on this board, so I had to tell you that I was specifically looking for bright yellow shoes to wear last summer with a really cute black and white dress I bought. Anyway, I never could find any in my size or price range, so I ended up with my red shoes which I love. Trust me though, although I do have some white wedges with cork heels, I would never wear white pumps! :D

Women who wear two pieces bathing suits when they are so unflattering on them and they do not have the right body type..then they wonder why people are staring at them.

Chipped nailpolish..TACKY

Not painting all of your toes and then you paint only your big color some garish color..why?

Droopy pants, untucked in shirts

Wearing clothes that are too big..makes some look like a slob, others look huge

Baseball caps, etc. in dining rooms, etc.

Clothes that aren't ironed because people are too lazy to iron or just "cant be bothered with it"

People who INSIST that NOBODY wears pantyhose anymore, especialy in warm climates, and make it clear that something is wrong with people who do

Wearing ill fitting clothing and the wrong undergarment: example, a large woman wearing a clinging dress and no supportive bra, bulges/ripples that could be enhanced by proper foundations

Wearing "everything" all at once with designer labels.and worse, "knockoff" designer clothes..do you realize that if you wear knock off Hilfiger, Gucci, Fendi, etc people can tell your trying too hard?

Overkill use of cheap perfume..makes you smell even cheaper

Lexi - do you mean white shoes, and yellow shoes, or shoes that are white and yellow? I consider you one of the more style-conscious people on this board, so I had to tell you that I was specifically looking for bright yellow shoes to wear last summer with a really cute black and white dress I bought. Anyway, I never could find any in my size or price range, so I ended up with my red shoes which I love. Trust me though, although I do have some white wedges with cork heels, I would never wear white pumps! :D

I meant white shoes and yellow shoes.

& thank you! I'm very into fashion and the latest looks and trends..which is why I spend most of my time in this section lol. I'm looking to go into the fashion industry after I graduate.

I don't turn my nose up at people who wear them b/c I am a firm supporter of "wear whatever you want" but there's just something about them that I don't like...white pumps especially! lol

I'm sorry, but if you are wearing a thong and your bottom wiggles and jiggles like jelly, save the rest of us from the slinky dresses that seem to always find their way in between the cheeks...

Sorry...

I just got a gross visual! LOL

There are so many that I agree with here. I don't think you have to be a fashionista to look decent. Just buy clothes that fit and flatter your body and you will be presentable, if you can't pull off trendy (I'm not crazy for trendy) go for classic.

My pet peeve has to be T shirts. To me they are a lazy way of getting dressed, male or female. Shapeless and cheap looking. They highlight big bellies on men, hard to tell if a person is male or female much of the time. I don't own even one, my husband has one for wearing to do yardwork.

I have a hard time with ill fitting jeans on women. With so much to choose from, why do women wear jeans so tight around the hips and create an extra lump from the rear view? Then, the flared legs with tight thighs? Why does anyone want to accentuate their hineys in such a negative way?

The weird part (to me) is I'm describing a major part of the US population. Why do people have such a "whatever?" attitude about their appearance?

My pet fashion peeve: people who refuse to hem their pants that are too long and are walking on them, with the legs under the soles of their shoes. If you can't or won't sew them yourself, take 'em to the dry cleaners; most do hemming as well, people!

I'm sorry, but if you are wearing a thong and your bottom wiggles and jiggles like jelly, save the rest of us from the slinky dresses that seem to always find their way in between the cheeks...

Sorry...

I call a thong " Butt floss " ewwwww :eek:

For those of you that hate hats in the dining room - how do you feel about them on people that have lost their hair due to chemotherapy and their head is cold?

I don't think anyone would be so calloused when it comes to a survivor, but if so that just shows their poor upbringing.

For those of you that hate hats in the dining room - how do you feel about them on people that have lost their hair due to chemotherapy and their head is cold?

It's usually pretty obvious when someone is going through chemo and of course that would be another exception, just like religious headwear. However I still don't think baseball caps are appropriate. There are plenty of other options.

Remembered another I saw today... men wearing white dress shirts without an undershirt. Something about it looks obscene or sweaty. Eeek.:eek:

ANY dress shirt should be worn with a t-shirt under it. It makes the shirt look crisper.

Archived