The "new" Celebrity Secrets thread

ghstudio

I was just going to post a question about ANY DISCOUNTS for wireless internet minutes when I saw your post. Do they always offer some type of discount on the first day?? Is there any other way to get a discount?? It's so expensive!! Thanks!

We've just decided to wait til we get to port and do Internet there. You can always find an Internet cafe where it's around $1 an hour or so...YES! That's one dollar an hour!!! We've found this all over the world...when we buy on board Internet I just keep hearing the ka-Ching keep going as I'm trying to load.:cool:

Now that interests me...where are they?

Hi,:) depends on the ship but most waffle stations are in the buffet

area....but closer to the AFT part......just take a stroll and you will

find it;)

Now that interests me...where are they?

On "M" class the waffles are in the aft of Oceanview Cafe. On "S" class they are near the entrance to the breakfast buffet on the starboard side. ;)

We booked a Celebrity Suite "CS Class" Nov/Dec 2011. It included complimentary two dinners at Tuscan or Murano or Silk, our choice. Also included a private breakfast lounge with free specialty coffees such as lattes, cappuccinos, (deck 14 I think) observation lounge style fore, Michaels Pub private cocktail lounge with free wine; plus a bunch of other standard CS benefits such as free laundry & dry cleaning.

The CS was spacious, worth the price even w/o upgrade dinners and drinks.

Going on the June 28th sailing from Barcelona to Barcelona...any good tips.....:)we were on Equinox last summer and loved the specialty restaurants...

All three of the specialty restaurants are really great. We got the 3 meal pkg deal (one meal at each) w/o wine. You can get it w/wine or a 5 meal pkg either w/ or w/o wine. Silk was a casual wonderful feast of so many different foods/tastes it was unbelievable. Try to go with a group of 6 or 8 to really have fun sampling everything. Murano is the nicest, try the three petite filets or the tableside lobster, both are fantastic and DO NOT MISS the souffles for dessert!!! Get one Grand Marnier (very subtle flavor) and one chocolate (very intense flavor), then share/mix the flavors a little. Tuscan Grille was my favorite. Steak tartare was awesome, shrimp and scallops, fantastic. View during dinner, fabulous (try to get a later seating during sunset)

If you are a fan of classic/oldies rock you are going to LOVE the party band, Intenz. (Say "hi" from Fred and Robin!) Passport bar chocolate martinis are to die for(2 for 1 before dinner). Ask Putu at the martini bar to pour you a flight of sample martinis, strong, yummy, fun, and the best deal on board. Indian curries at the buffet are great. Gym is very nice.

Remember it takes an hour by bus to the airport to get to Rome if you take the bus transfers. We took the train from the port to the airport since we had a later flight. Now changing subjects, this comming Nov wer'e flying from JFK to Heathrow for a trans atlantic from Southhampton back to Mia on the Constellation. My wife and I will take the National Express bus from the airport to South H which will be much cheaper than taking the ships transfer. Also we'll be staying at the Hotel Ibis Center which is right next to the port and very close to their big mall the night before the cruise. Right now the cost of the hotel is $65 a night. So if anyone is doing a TA from Southhampton, thats another alternative.

we have booked our first cruise with celebrity and will be on the 5/5/13 ta saling on constellation and wondered what type of movies or chanels will we be able to watch in our cabins. thanks for you replies.

One thing we really liked is the warm scones with cream and strawberry preserves in the Oceanview in the late afternoon. They became my favorite dessert of the trip.

Damn....more calories....lol

I'm a sucker for jam & cream scones :D

DW and I did two cruises on S-Class ships in 2011 (Solstice and Eclipse). Here are a couple of pearls:

1. The Oceanview cafe (Lido-style buffet) tended to be packed around 9am for breakfast and 1pm for lunch each day on both ships. Not sure why, but watching where the crowd moves and when can help you avoid aggravation when heading up to Oceanview for meals.

2. You'll have an excellent opportunity to try new foods so be adventurous on X! Because Celebrity ships play host to folks from "both sides of the pond," the Oceanview had a much wider variety of foods at all meals than other cruise lines and gave us a chance to try some new things for free (i.e., bangers & mash at breakfast time) we normally wouldn't have tried.

3. Take care of your sommelier and he/she will take care of you. If you are an oenophile, engage them in conversation and take care of them. You may be fortunate enough to score a free tasting at your table in the MDR.

4. The wine tastings and Reidel glass tasting experiences are worth every penny. Again, if you like wine you owe it to yourself to go. Very reasonably priced and your sommelier can help with additional samples of wine you like. Just ask.

5. On the S-Class ships, we found that everyone congregated around the Martini Bar just outside the MDR before and after dinner. Get there early to get a seat at the bar where you can enjoy all the tricks the bartenders do while they make martinis and people-watch on Formal Nights to your heart's content.

6. If you frequent the Molecular Bar during your voyage, the mixologists may offer to make you special, "off-menu" drinks. If this happens, DO NOT pass up the opportunity! On my 40th birthday the mixologist made a special drink for me that's one of the best things to ever pass over this set of lips.

7. The best currency on these ships isn't American, it's in the form of prepaid international phone cards. Do yourself a favor and spend $50-$100 (or whatever) on a pack of them at Costco or Sam's Club. Dole them out as a reward for good service or to ensure good service. You have no idea how much this means to these people!

OK, so these aren't necessarily secrets but they were things that made our cruise more enjoyable. Again, just ask and you may be pleasantly surprised at what you receive.

6. If you frequent the Molecular Bar during your voyage, the mixologists may offer to make you special, "off-menu" drinks. If this happens, DO NOT pass up the opportunity! On my 40th birthday the mixologist made a special drink for me that's one of the best things to ever pass over this set of lips.

7. The best currency on these ships isn't American, it's in the form of prepaid international phone cards. Do yourself a favor and spend $50-$100 (or whatever) on a pack of them at Costco or Sam's Club. Dole them out as a reward for good service or to ensure good service. You have no idea how much this means to these people!

I'm digging a lot of your pearls of wisdom, but I have two questions on these...

RE #6 -- are those "off-menu" drinks under $12? In other words, would the premium package cover them? I wouldn't be terribly opposed to paying extra if they are other-worldly drinks, but it would be a lot cooler if I didn't have to!

RE #7 -- did you find handing these out to bartenders early on in the cruise got quicker service later on in the cruise?

Thanks in advance!

I'm digging a lot of your pearls of wisdom, but I have two questions on these...

RE #6 -- are those "off-menu" drinks under $12? In other words, would the premium package cover them? I wouldn't be terribly opposed to paying extra if they are other-worldly drinks, but it would be a lot cooler if I didn't have to!

RE #7 -- did you find handing these out to bartenders early on in the cruise got quicker service later on in the cruise?

Thanks in advance!

Good morning:) all the drinks are 12 bucks.....off menu, on menu,

doesn't matter. I was just on Equinox and had one of those

special, not on the menu drinks....it was DELICIOUS:D and the

Premium package covers them all.

As for good service? I get it every cruise, including my recent

cruise and did not give out any cards. That is a personal choice.:)

Good morning:) all the drinks are 12 bucks.....off menu, on menu,

doesn't matter. I was just on Equinox and had one of those

special, not on the menu drinks....it was DELICIOUS:D and the

Premium package covers them all.

As for good service? I get it every cruise, including my recent

cruise and did not give out any cards. That is a personal choice.:)

As mentioned, the "special drinks" are covered under the premium beverage pkg.

The international calling cards were very helpful in two spots: martini bar outside of MDR and the Pool Bar. If you want to do this, it's a good idea to approach them before the bar gets crowded. I agree with Lois that the service on X is outstanding, but sometimes these cards will get you some unexpected perks. Besides, these hard-working people don't make a lot of $$$ and they really appreciate every little bit.

As mentioned, the "special drinks" are covered under the premium beverage pkg.

The international calling cards were very helpful in two spots: martini bar outside of MDR and the Pool Bar. If you want to do this, it's a good idea to approach them before the bar gets crowded. I agree with Lois that the service on X is outstanding, but sometimes these cards will get you some unexpected perks. Besides, these hard-working people don't make a lot of $$$ and they really appreciate every little bit.

Hi Rick and Shelley, I totally agree:)...they work very hard. I prefer to

give extra cash at the end of my cruise.;)..that way they can buy

whatever they prefer. Phone card or anything else they prefer too.

As for unexpected perks? Not the reason to give them anything extra

(in my opinion).

I take a Belkin mini surge protector which gives me 3 us grounded outlets and two USB ports in a very compact unit. Never had a problem and I always leave it plugged in at the cabin desk.

Yep, we do the same and never had a problem. (My DH is a techie and he loves his hi tech toys!) ;)

Hi Monica! We miss you and hope you guys are well. :p

Nessa & Barry

Is there certain Suite- Level ( Sky S7uite, CS, ....) to get the perks , like dinning in the Spec. Restaurants, Laundry and so on?.....Thanks....Michael

Michael, Most of the suite perks are the same at all levels starting with Sky Suite. According to the Celebrity website, Royal & Penthouse suites get a couple of extra perks. Click here & scroll down for details. :)

Thank you. We're in a SS for first time to Italy in June 24,2012 and the boards are so helpful.

Hope you have a wonderful time:)......I can't believe I have been

home since Tuesday.....it is all amazing. I want to go back:(

We are new to Celebrity, so I am happy to get updated info. We are set to sail, balcony stateroom, on Eclipse Oct 27 for Transatlantic repositioning. I will look forward to reading all about the line from the experienced CL travelers.

Got to agree on the ice cream being wonderful - especially the non-traditional flavors. Another suggestion. Order chocolate chip cookies from room service. They arrive still warm and are great with a glass of cold milk.

Archived