Post Your Favorite San Juan Photos Here!

Host Faith

This looks interesting. Was this a tour thru the ship or on your own?

We rented a car and toured El Yunque on our own.

If you are interested to learn more about we did in El Yunque, you can read our review with lots more photos (beginning at post #182) at this link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1038334&page=10

I also have a youtube presentation with even more photos and video clips of El Yunque. You can view that here:

We rented a car and toured El Yunque on our own.

If you are interested to learn more about we did in El Yunque, you can read our review with lots more photos (beginning at post #182) at this link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1038334&page=10 .....

Kudos and thanks for your most excellent photos and review.

We plan to stay on a few extra days in Puerto Rico at the conclusion of our repositioning cruise from Tampa to San Juan on Jewel next May to visit the Vieques Bio Bay and spend a day in El Yunque.

Seeing and reading about your experiences in those places is very helpful and informative.

• 3 weeks later...

Love to see all these beautiful pictures from my island!!! :) I live in San Juan and don't have that much time to visit the beaches... :( Still.. if you have any question about SJ... let me know!

Thank you Host Faith! We did love the Gran Melia...best part was the room was only $100 a night! And just a quick drive to El Yunque and Luquillo beach! We are so anxious to return in March 2013!

I've stayed there twice... My sister used to work there.. so I got really nice deals as a family member!! It's a really quite and relaxing place!!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I can't believe how much I loved this port! I wasn't able to get to any of those beautiful beaches. I get to go here again in Dec. so maybe I'll be able to stay at a resort on the beach. Even leaving San Juan in a hurricane didn't dampen my love of this area. I can hardly wait.

I see that you are going to be on the Valor in December...are you by chance ringing in 2014 on the ship?? We are and are looking for our fellow sailing partners!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

4727_1173185890353_7711964_n.jpg

I don't know why, but this picture I posted earlier on this post went away! BUT here it is again. I LOVE this picture! We will be in San Juan 4 weeks from today, I can't wait! So here it is again, we took this picture pulling in to San Juan on the Mariner of the Seas, our first cruise!

4727_1173185890353_7711964_n.jpg

I don't know why, but this picture I posted earlier on this post went away! BUT here it is again. I LOVE this picture! We will be in San Juan 4 weeks from today, I can't wait! So here it is again, we took this picture pulling in to San Juan on the Mariner of the Seas, our first cruise!

Are you sure this is San Juan? The mountains and the scenery don't look familiar to me. I'm trying to get my bearings in this shot. I've always sailed into the Pan Am pier early in the morning, so I'm more familiar with the sailaway scenery.

Are you sure this is San Juan? The mountains and the scenery don't look familiar to me. I'm trying to get my bearings in this shot. I've always sailed into the Pan Am pier early in the morning, so I'm more familiar with the sailaway scenery.

YES!!!! It sure is San Juan!!! This is pulling into port on Mariner of the Seas, December 2006!

We were only here from 4pm to midnight in Dec 06, I think those are clouds, not mountains if I am correct. It is a cool looking picture, it really looks like mountains behind, but I believe it is not.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Love to see all these beautiful pictures from my island!!! :) I live in San Juan and don't have that much time to visit the beaches... :( Still.. if you have any question about SJ... let me know!

Do you know where the beach is that has washed up beach glass? We will be spending a week in PR at the Gran Melia in May 2013 with a rental car. We plan to see the island.

Norine

Love this thread!

Some of mine from May 2013

Flying into San Juan

100_6023.jpg

Isla Verde Beach from our balcony @ the Courtyard

100_6132.jpg

Fort El Morro

100_6203.jpg

Our ship, Carnival Valor, from Castillo de San Cristobal

100_6221.jpg

The walls of Fort El Morro at night as our ship sailed away

IMG_0079.jpg

Edited by pghsteelerfan

• 7 months later...
Hello All! I've seen this done in a couple Ports of Call forums and thought it would be nice to start a thread about San Juan. It's a beautiful city, and Puerto Rico is a beautiful island. Do you have any of your favorite photos to share from your time spent there?

I'll start :)

View from our balcony at the Caribe Hilton Hotel:

ry%3D400

Pretty bird in the Caribe's lobby:

ry%3D400

El Morro Fort:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The view from the roof top deck, Hotel Miramar.

1707090066_HotelMiramarRoof.jpg.693bd479f1ff4cc8d1c389af9b8fa0a7.jpg