Adjoining Room Question

rwams

I am currently booked with a VF adjoining room my question are there any noise problems because of the door? For some reason, I just don't feel right about the room, it could be used for a group or family, instead of a solo traveler. Of course I can hope for the upgrade.

We've had a few adjoining rooms. If there are kids next door you will likely hear them as they tend to be louder and their higher-pitched voices seem to carry through the door better, but rarely have we heard adults.

If HAL needs/wants your cabin for a family that wants adjoining rooms, and you have not specified "Do Not Upgrade". you will be moved to another VF or an upgrade. We were once moved three cabins down the hall from the cabin we had chosen to another of the same class, and I believe it was because the cabin we picked was an adjoining one.

As on hotels, Adjoining Rooms have two sets of doors: The door on your side, and the door on the other side...

...and unlike many hotels, they're very well sealed up, so you aren't likely to hear anything unless one of the doors are open or the other folks are being so loud you'd hear them regardless of the doors.

Agree with Brian. We have had cabins with adjoining doors and no noise. Really, the only time we have had noise issues was when there was a baby next door and then another time when a gentleman stayed in his cabin most all of the cruise and had the TV at very high volume. These were both with solid walls between the cabins.

We've had adjoining rooms on both of our cruises (Oosterdam and Eurodam) and have never heard a sound from the adjoiniing rooms. Plus the empty space in front of the adjoining doors, between the closet and the couch, was perfect for storing our empty luggage, bags of gifts, etc. When choosing a cabin for future cruises, I plan to look for those that are adjoining.

• 3 weeks later...
For some reason, I just don't feel right about the room, it could be used for a group or family, instead of a solo traveler. Of course I can hope for the upgrade.

Why do you think the occupants would be different due to it being an adjoining room? The cabin is the same as any other in that category, except there is a door between them. Groups may book adjoining rooms but if you are in one of them then obviously you are not part of a group. :)

We have heard very little from the other adjoining cabin, even when we had friends next door and they are not the quiet type.

As mentioned, there are two doors - one on each side and each is lockable:

2719203060102790654S500x500Q85.jpg

Plus the empty space in front of the adjoining doors, between the closet and the couch, was perfect for storing our empty luggage, bags of gifts, etc. When choosing a cabin for future cruises, I plan to look for those that are adjoining.

That is not the setup we have had in our VD adjoining cabins:

2423074140102790654S500x500Q85.jpg

Are adjoing rooms cheaper than getting a Family Staterroom?

I don't believe HAL has family staterooms.

I am currently booked with a VF adjoining room my question are there any noise problems because of the door? For some reason, I just don't feel right about the room, it could be used for a group or family, instead of a solo traveler. Of course I can hope for the upgrade.

I think that HAL refers to these staterooms as 'connecting'! :)

Are adjoing rooms cheaper than getting a Family Staterroom?

HAL doesn't have any Family Staterooms.

But there are Deluxe Verandah Suites that will sleep 4 people -- a king size bed for 2 and a sofa bed that is queen size for 2.

You will not get a discount if you book "connecting" cabins.

I think that HAL refers to these staterooms as 'connecting'! :)

Yes thank you for the correction. Shame on me.

Looking at the pictures I can see that noise should not really be a bother thank you boytjie

Looking at the pictures I can see that noise should not really be a bother thank you boytjie

I just realized that we have had adjoining cabins on every DAM ship we have sailed and it wasn't a problem in any of them.

You will not get a discount if you book "connecting" cabins.

But sometimes they may be cheaper!

This week I downgraded our VC (for 4) to 2 connecting VF cabins for less money (and twice space).

HAL is having a sale on VE & VF cabins, but not on VC's for our Med Cruise this summer.

Archived