"LIVE" from Celebrity Silhouette - March 29, 2012

Radio

The Hideaway Lounge is on Deck 7 midship. . .

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

Thanks Radio for the quick response. I did check the deck plans for the Equinox and Eclipse and they have TEAM EARTH in that place. It is nice to see the slight changes that they have done on the Silhouette. Love your photos.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Suz

Wow! Wonder why they are not having it in the Sky Lounge like last cruise???

Thanks for replying! Have Fun and Enjoy!

Hi Nancy:).....they are...you missed the rest of his reply;)

Was so happy to see that you are doing another live cruise report. Have followed you on RC board. Can not belive the thread is up to page 12 and this is just your second day at sea! Enjoy your cruise while I enjoy your review!!!!

~Hi Lois!;)

Hey Radio...those photos of the solarium and the little cabana things are awesome..

wonder what kind of grass they use.....:confused: seems like they need some of that PATCH stuff..:D

So I guess that I should select a cabin on deck 7---that Hideway place looks like it is in an excellent location for caffeinating! I shall make a note...

Hope the Captain's shindig was fun...and that the MDR was nice as well

Sure is a gorgeous ship:),, We were thinking about booking it for our cruise next Jan...but the family will be cruising with us for this cruise so we opted for the Oasis,,really looking forward to the "big"ship:)..

Maybe in 2014 we will give Celebrity another try,,has been a long while since we sailed with them,,,last few cruises we sailed on the Millie and loved that ship,,,but these new ones really out shine the M class...:cool:

After going on the Oasis you may not like celebrity.

Hello everyone. . .During the Captains’ Noon announcement, he suggested that we are 190nm East of Cape Hatteras and traveling at about 17.5Kts. We still have 1132 nm to go until St. Thomas.

Today’s weather is pleasant with sunny skies, and calm seas. The temps are around 70F, but it feels warmer. The pool decks are packed today !

Our Cruise Critic Connections meeting was well attended. It was nice to meet many of the people who have been posting in the Roll Call. The CD thinks that it might be one of the largest CC groups he has seen (185 CC Members) About 24 of us went on a Cabin Crawl after the meeting. We able to view several cabins and suites. Thank to all of the members who offered their cabin for viewing

I took dozens of pics today, but here are just a few from early morning. . . More pics later. . . It’s time for news. . .

Radio

I walk through the Hideaway Lounge every time I go to my cabin. . .

B9.JPG

Glad you're having a wonderful time! Make sure to squeeze in "nap time" and chill!

The Hideaway is such a GREAT lounge! you know I loved it!! (you really toted your own blonde starbucks, huh?)

:D;):)

Glad you're having a wonderful time! Make sure to squeeze in "nap time" and chill!

The Hideaway is such a GREAT lounge! you know I loved it!! (you really toted your own blonde starbucks, huh?)

Have VIA packets, will travel......:p i always have some in my suitcase too...

Wow, the grass looks like it's in really bad shape! And that's a new ship. The lawn was in much better shape when we were on the Eclipse last year.

I hope you took some pictures of the various cabins during your cabin crawl and will share them with us.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Eclipse not spending any time in NJ in the Winter either;)

Wow, the grass looks like it's in really bad shape! And that's a new ship. The lawn was in much better shape when we were on the Eclipse last year.

When we boarded the ship on March 17th, the grass was actually all covered up in plastic. They took the plastic off a day or two later. I understand the winter weather and change in climate from Caribbean to Bayonne and back again wasn't too nice on the grass.

When we were on the ship in Nov 2011, it did look a whole lot better.

I hope you took some pictures of the various cabins during your cabin crawl and will share them with us.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Most of the Cabins had not been made up by the Attendant yet. . .so in most cabins there were no photos. I did get a few though. . .I will try to post them.

Radio

;);)

Ha ha. . .Yes I did CruisDivaNJ. . . Starbucks VIA. . .it is very good.

The Coffee on board is not bad, and Cafe`Al Bacio is the best !

Radio

;);)

Hi Radio, your photos are great. Hope you have a great cruise:)

Hi Meg:)

LoisR, thank you for the kind words. . . I owe you a Starbucks ;)

Radio

;);)

I am not sure why the connection was bad for a couple of hours. . .but it seems OK now. . .

Here are a few more pics from this afternoon. . . I will try to post again after dinner.

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

A game of Bocce was just played up on Deck 14 at the Lawn Club

B41.JPG

The Alcoves were pretty empty today($149 at Sea Rental per day and $99. for port day rental)

B43.JPG

They looked very comfortable though. . .

B46.JPG

The Lawn Club Grill is up on Deck 14 as well

B45.JPG

I may eat here later next week. . .

B44.JPG

The Porch is open for Breakfast and Lunch (Deck 15)

B47.JPG

My son was telling me about this "the lawn club" and we were speculating if it was real grass or not.......obviously by the patchyness of it, it is indeed real grass. Thanks for the photos.

Well, the Hideaway lounge is new to me! Image my surprise to see it's right outside my room for the Fall/Winter TA I have booked! Thanks for that! Is the coffee any good or did you just use hot water for your blond Starbuck's Via ?? Any milk or cream available there or just the "powdered stuff"?

I bring along my Via packs as well.....mainly becuase i find the coffee on X undrinkable anywhere except for the Cafe or in Michael's Club - the specialty coffee drinks.....!!

Have you been there long enough to figure out what hours the Hideaway Lounge is open?

Thanks for your LIVE report!

A game of Bocce was just played up on Deck 14 at the Lawn Club

B41.JPG

You have a new fan!

Max's ears perked up when he heard about Bocce on the lawn. He wants to know if the lawn club is open to all cruisers.

attachment.php?attachmentid=227580&stc=1&d=1333159128

Archived