Advice on Booking a B2B

Cras108er

I'm looking to book our 1st B2B. In the past, we've Tried a Balcony and an Oceanview. At some point we want to try an Inside. I'm wondering how many who have done a B2B have ever split categories, doing a Inside on the 1st leg and a Balcony on the 2nd. Would folks recommend that, or does that defeat the purpose of doing a B2B? It certainly would be cheaper. We even thought about doing an Inside for both legs, but don't want to risk two weeks in a cabin we don't enjoy. Any thoughts? What have others done and how did you like it? Thanks

Our last cruise we did a b2b and we split it up. The first week was in an inside cabin and then the second week was in an oceanview room. Liked going from an inside to an oceanview...changed it up.

Some people say they don't like switching cabins on a b2b but we had no problems whatsoever. We packed our bags left them in our room and the cabin stewards did the moving of the luggage for us.

My preference is to stay in the same cabin. Just one less hassle to worry about. However, I don't view it as the end of the world to have to move. Next January, we are on a b2b2b and the third leg is in a different cabin.

One of the key selling points for me would be not having to pack up and move. I'm looking forward to our upcoming B2B, we are in the same cabin the entire two weeks at sea. I love the idea of getting settled in and being done with it.

Our first cruise was actually a back-to-back on the Cunard Countess.

We booked it far enough in advance that we had the same cabin for both segments.

We fell in love with back-to-back cruises and have done quite a few of them over the years.

I don't want the hassle of having to move from one cabbin to another. And if you are sailing out of a US port -- returning to the same US port (Like Ft Lauderdale or Miami as examples) -- on that turn around day you now have to allow time to go through immagration.

And you have to keep checking when your new cabin is ready and you can leave your old cabin. I don't want to spend time sitting around waiting to move.

Depending on what is important to you, if you split it up, I think which week to take the "better" cabin might depend on itinerary and what you plan to do the first week as well as the second week.

I would stay in the same cabin if at all possible...........moving to a new cabin isn't a deal breaker......but it is no fun.

While it would be more convenient to stay in the same cabin, I don't think it would be that big of a deal to move between cruises. I would pick the higher category for the 2nd week, and if possible, pick cabins that are close (like across the hall) from each other to expedite the move.

It is always easier to stay inthe same cabin. However, I book for price, thus opting for whatever is a bargain. In 2010, I booked the Celebrity Summit repo, Bayonne to San Juan, with an excellent price on an inside (solo). Then I decided that I didn't want to do just six days, and booked the first 7 day out of San Juan, getting the same inside cabin (but not as good a rate). Then prices started to fall (after final payment) and I was able to upgrade my inside on the second part to a balcony for $80. Then prices went down on the first leg, and I upgraded to an OV, which was still less than I paid for the inside. EM

You need to consider what you plan to do on the turnaround day. I have seen posts from people who planned an early tour without considering they will be changing cabins. It is probably possible to get the cabin steward to move your stuff, with a nice tip. However, what about the things in the safe? Do you want to take that stuff with you for the day?

Archived