Breakfast in MDR?

Bibble

Can someone tell me if NCL serves breakfast in the main dinimg room?

Thanks so much!

Yes, a much more relaxed way to start the day and if you want freshly made Eggs Benedict then get down there. The EB in the buffet are not nice (too long under the hot lamps).

TOP TIP - if you go to the buffet for breakfast, use the omelette station, they are freshly made to order (bacon/ham, cheese and mushroom YUM!)

Thank you all for your replies!!!

I know the ins & outs on Carnival, but will be takiing only my second NCL cruise in October, with a bunch of friends who will be looking to me for answers, so I'm trying to find out what, if anything, is much different.

Thanks!

The Pearl (I see in your signature) will also most likely have the Great outdoors buffet open for breakfast as well. This is a great place to start the day.

Ooh, that sounds nice too!

Thanks for the info!

Yes, breakfast and lunch, no reservations. Just keep in mind, the menu is the same for each breakfast, and the same for each lunch.

We just got off the Jewel yesterday. It is true that the menu for breakfast and lunch is the same. However, on the last morning the breakfast menu was rather sparser than on the other days. We had gone to Tsar's to have the salmon eggs benedict (my favorite!) one last day, but they had disappeared from the menu, as had the regular eggs benedict, the made to order omelet, and the tropical fruit plate (also one of my regular orders--a girl's got to have her fruit and fibre :D). I have a feeling that we are old news, and they are gearing up for a fresh set of faces.

Eggs benedict - My favorite food of all time!! Hadnt seen much info about breakfast in the MDR. Was hoping to have nice plated breakfasts on a lazy sea day. Will be traveling on the Sun in Oct - can't wait! What do most people say about the quality of coffee? I am certainly not a coffee snob but do prefer that it's a little better quality than instant! Also can my husband get iced coffee in the main dining room? (I assume at extra cost). Would love to see a breakfast menu if anyone had one.

You could always do what my daughter and I did (deck layout permitting). We went to the buffet on Deck 12 and brought the plates out the pool area and ate by the pool outside. What a beautiful way to start the day!:D

I have done that at lunchtime.

And, there's room service, too. But, if you're not in a suite, it'll be continental type food....

If you're in a suite you have the suite dining for breakfast and lunch which is the Haven restaurant on Epic or Cagneys or other designated suite dining on the rest of the ships.

Archived