Are jeans ok in dining room for Anytime Dining-Coral Princess?

SheriNtexas

My friend and I are cruising next month on Coral Princess...we will have Anytime Dining, which i've never done before....trying to get a packing list together for Alaska is very tiring:eek:...WAY easier to go to the Caribbean!;) Would jeans be ok to wear to dinner? Not jeans and tennis shoes and a t-shirt, but jeans, flat shoes, and a nice shirt? Thanks! We've been planning this trip for a year now, and just getting the final details together!:)

My friend and I are cruising next month on Coral Princess...we will have Anytime Dining, which i've never done before....trying to get a packing list together for Alaska is very tiring:eek:...WAY easier to go to the Caribbean!;) Would jeans be ok to wear to dinner? Not jeans and tennis shoes and a t-shirt, but jeans, flat shoes, and a nice shirt? Thanks! We've been planning this trip for a year now, and just getting the final details together!:)

We just did Anytime Dining on PCL Sapphire and the only people they stopped were those in shorts, and asked them to change into long pants and they would seat them..Enjoy !!

We just did Anytime Dining on PCL Sapphire and the only people they stopped were those in shorts, and asked them to change into long pants and they would seat them..Enjoy !!

Great! I don't think i'll be bringing any shorts or capri's on this cruise...i figured as long as i was dressed nicely, they would be ok....thanks!!:)

Great! I don't think i'll be bringing any shorts or capri's on this cruise...i figured as long as i was dressed nicely, they would be ok....thanks!!:)

Not to add to your packing woes...but you might want to pack at least a pair of shorts. When I cruised Alaska May 2010 it was sunny and warm almost the entire week (except glacier viewing day - but you're next to a huge ice cube!). I wish I had more than one pair of shorts.

That's the thing about Alaska weather - you can never really tell what it's going to be like so you have to be prepared for anything.

Have a great time!

It actually doesn't matter what any of us think about this or how we feel about jeans in the dining room. The final say is Princess' and what their dress code says. Jeans are permitted, end of story. It really is. I'm not being mean or rude. Princess allows jeans which do not have fraying or holes. They just do.

Enjoy Alaska, it is beautiful. Oh, and I second taking a pair of shorts or capris. The weather may be pleasant enough and they really don't take up that much room in your suitcase.

Here's the link for FAQ on Princess ...

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/bring.jsp

Click on Clothing Recommendations

Here's part of the info:

Smart Casual

Passenger attire should be in keeping with what they would wear to a nice restaurant at home.

• Skirts/dresses, slacks, and sweaters for ladies
  • Pants and open-neck shirts for men

Inappropriate dinner wear such as pool or beach attire, shorts, ball caps and casual jeans (with fraying and/or holes) are not permitted in the dining rooms. Shoes must be worn.

If you want to dress like an Alaskan then wear jeans. That's what most of us wear. We tend to be a very unpretentious people up here. Save the good clothes for when you get back home and have tea & crumpets.....

We saw jeans with nice top/shoes in the anytime on non formal nights.

We also saw them on formal nights too...No one was turned away..as long as they were in long pants...Dressy casual seemed to be easily accepted in Any Time Dining regardless of the night on our PCL Sapphire cruise this past Feb. to the Mexican Riviera. I took note because it was my first PCL cruise and I thought PCL was suppose to be stricter from what I had read on these boards than RCI...

I thought PCL was suppose to be stricter from what I had read on these boards than RCI...

They use to be..... but they are loosening up with all the west coast RCCL cruisers sailing:D

Thanks so much for all the input....i'm a VERY casual person....i'm just trying to figure out what to bring...we are doing the land part before the cruise, and therefore will be bringing jeans...then i figure we can do laundry onboard, and have those jeans to wear around day and night, only nicer tops and flats for dinner....i have one pair of black dress pants and 2 shirts for elegant nights, so i've got THAT part covered....i always overpack on cruises, but i am usually driving to Galveston, so it doesn't matter how much i pack...but this time it DOES matter, since of course we are flying....i don't wear shorts, but i DO wear lots of capris, so i think i will bring a couple of pair of those too, just in case...if i can wear those during the day, i can save some nicer stuff for evening....thanks again, and I promise that when i wear jeans in the dining room, they will NOT be frayed, or have holes, and i will look very nice!:D

Thanks so much for all the input....i'm a VERY casual person....i'm just trying to figure out what to bring...we are doing the land part before the cruise, and therefore will be bringing jeans...then i figure we can do laundry onboard, and have those jeans to wear around day and night, only nicer tops and flats for dinner....i have one pair of black dress pants and 2 shirts for elegant nights, so i've got THAT part covered....i always overpack on cruises, but i am usually driving to Galveston, so it doesn't matter how much i pack...but this time it DOES matter, since of course we are flying....i don't wear shorts, but i DO wear lots of capris, so i think i will bring a couple of pair of those too, just in case...if i can wear those during the day, i can save some nicer stuff for evening....thanks again, and I promise that when i wear jeans in the dining room, they will NOT be frayed, or have holes, and i will look very nice!:D

Sheri...You just enjoy your cruise and have the best time ever :D

Sherri, I was wondering the same thing. We are not dress up people so I was looking for as casual as possible. I will be wearing jeans a lot but I am thinking that nice capri's or a lightweight flowy skirt might be more appropriate for dinner. My traveling companions have talked me into dressing up a bit on the "formal"nights. I wish there were no formal nights, but I am going to through a lightweight dress into the suitcase. The rest of the wardrobe is hiking clothes for our DIY land tour to follow the cruise, so I guess it won't hurt to notch it up once or twice during the cruise....if I have to:rolleyes:

Archived