The "MUST" pack on a cruise

Pack a waterproof lanyard cover for my sign and sail card and passport if going off the ship.

Velvet hangers for space and convenience. Nothing slips off them.

More than one corkscrew. Neighbor borrowed (and broke) one on the last cruise. They were very apologetic and sweet about it- I had a backup:-)

Sunglasses you don't mind losing.

Swimsuit coverup... so people don't freak out if they see your robe.:p

Methinks Jake is conditioning his pair with body wash :D

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

His "pair">>> wow, bet they are happy to be conditioned! Yeah, I know you meant hair.:D

Downy Wrinkle Release!

Now we know what the Downy Wrinkle release is for.:D:D:D

Last month on the Dream, I forgot blank thank-you cards for the steward, who was awesome -- so we had to track him down on debark morning, which is a mess. We also forgot to bring a clock and had to turn on the TV to find out what time it was.

Ditto on the little spray bottle of Febreeze, OTC meds like ibuprofen and Band-aids. And don't forget a little sewing kit!

Two things that we always pack (only one of which has been mentioned). A hat of some type to protect your head while out in the sun. If you've ever had a sunburned scalp, you'll know what I mean. The other thing is, we each bring Chums ( Chums | Eyewear Retainers & Outdoor Accessories ). If you've ever lost a pair of eyeglasses (I have) or sunglasses while on an excursion, they become a must-have for vacations.

Never used a bungee cord or anything else to block the balcony door open. First of all, it screws up the air-conditioning in the cabin. Secondly, if I want to hear/smell the ocean, or feel the ocean breeze, I just step out on the balcony, keeping the door closed behind me. No sense making the whole cabin hot and humid.

I guess I just don't get the Clampett association with overpacking.

I'd think more of Lisa Douglas from Green Acres :)

The Clampetts; as in the Beverly Hillbillies. They "packed" up all their junk. So by us having all the luggage with extra "junk" we didn't use, nor needed, we overpacked...

600x400_tvfamilies_clampetts-600x400.jpg

Clampetts.jpg

What things have you packed and what is the reason?

Too many clothes because I thought I had to have a cute outfit per day plus my dress for each night for dinner. Ya this time I'm bringing half of what I did on first cruise haha

Hmmm, wow; interesting. I ALWAYS pack this and never had it confiscated. Which size did you pack? I never get the half can size. I always get the little small size; looks about double/triple the size of a lipstick case. I find it on the travel/trial size aisle at Walmart.

I'll have to look for that. I packed a full-size can. It was the only time I ever packed it, and I didn't risk it again as it was expensive. (Still mad they did it.:mad:) I think I will try it again as I'm always using it at home. Silly question..has anyone ever found Lysol in a non-aerosol spray. I end up using my non-aerosol HAIRSPRAY for bathroom freshener.

Too many clothes because I thought I had to have a cute outfit per day plus my dress for each night for dinner. Ya this time I'm bringing half of what I did on first cruise haha

You mean I don't need to pack 3 outfits per day? .. I do that too. :D I definitely over pack on clothes, and lots of other things.

A must pack is downy wrinkle releaser (because all my extra clothes gets stuffed in the suitcase) and extra flip flops. Last summer my flip flops broke on the first day of vacation, good thing I had 2 extras. :cool:

Darn autocorrect.

I was just reading along out of pure curiosity and boredom.... but, I have to say you have me busting a gut laughing on this...!!! I wasn't going to comment but HILARIOUS....!!!! We just got off the Magic 2 weeks ago and one is body wash and the other is a 2 in one shampoo/conditioner. It smells great but anyone with long or thick hair knows that shampoo with the conditioner built in NEVER works as a conditioner. So, if you are one that needs conditioning I would say pack it just to save some extra cash or have tangled , dry , messy hair for a week ..... (or be like my son on our first cruise and go the whole week and realize he never took ONE shower...!!) YES, I am not proud to admit that...!!! He spent so much time at the teen club, then would swim, shower after getting out of the pool, run back to the room JUST in the Nick of time to go to dinner with the family and disappear again as soon as dinner was done back to the teen club....!! When we docked on the last day he commented about the size of the shower......HE HAD NEVER USED IT...!! Obviously, the last 3 cruises with him we had to make new rules :) ha ha

You mean I don't need to pack 3 outfits per day? .. I do that too. :D I definitely over pack on clothes, and lots of other things.

A must pack is downy wrinkle releaser (because all my extra clothes gets stuffed in the suitcase) and extra flip flops. Last summer my flip flops broke on the first day of vacation, good thing I had 2 extras. :cool:

I just wanted to be cute on my first cruise haha but really I did not wear half of what I packed. And I also brought cute shoes to match all my dresses. Haha this time one pair will do :)

I was just reading along out of pure curiosity and boredom.... but, I have to say you have me busting a gut laughing on this...!!! I wasn't going to comment but HILARIOUS....!!!! We just got off the Magic 2 weeks ago and one is body wash and the other is a 2 in one shampoo/conditioner. It smells great but anyone with long or thick hair knows that shampoo with the conditioner built in NEVER works as a conditioner. So, if you are one that needs conditioning I would say pack it just to save some extra cash or have tangled , dry , messy hair for a week ..... (or be like my son on our first cruise and go the whole week and realize he never took ONE shower...!!) YES, I am not proud to admit that...!!! He spent so much time at the teen club, then would swim, shower after getting out of the pool, run back to the room JUST in the Nick of time to go to dinner with the family and disappear again as soon as dinner was done back to the teen club....!! When we docked on the last day he commented about the size of the shower......HE HAD NEVER USED IT...!! Obviously, the last 3 cruises with him we had to make new rules :) ha ha

That's funny. I have four teenagers. And if they had their way they'd forget too :) he was on vacation so all is good :)

Wow....if i hadn't mentioned the conditioner, no one of this would be happening! Lol :D;)

Oh yeah conditioner!!! It isn't provided in the cabin and the price in the fun shop will make you do this > :eek:

What about Shampoo, and soap? Do they provide that in the rooms?

What about Shampoo, and soap? Do they provide that in the rooms?

Yes, soap and shampoo is provided in the showers in a canister that's attached to the wall. Its in liquid form and refilled everyday when the stewards service your cabins. I'm not picky on soap or shampoo, but some are and find that the shampoo is not all that. So you may want to bring your own.

Are we allowed to bring the power strip? I heard diffrent answers in 2010 so I didn't bring one. I want to in jan if I am allowed. And what about fan?

It seems that whether a power strip gets confiscated or not depends on a couple of things. First of all, if it looks old or worn, or the cord on it looks worn, there's a good chance it will be confiscated. But I have also read that, on more than one occasion, even new ones have been confiscated. Which leads to the second possibility. It also depends on how lenient or strict the person is that sees your power strip. I have yet to read that someone with a Belkin Mini surge protector has had one confiscated, so they must be okay. Probably because there's no cord. It plugs directly into the outlet. I bought ours at Home Depot (for under $20.00). Bringing a small fan should be okay. The main concern is anything that would generate heat and be a potential fire hazard. If you go to Carnival's home page and click on the "F.A.Q." section, you'll see a long list of everything that is either permitted or banned.

OTC meds, surge protector/outlets, clothespins, extra clothes hangers, collapsible cooler, binoculars, the usual grooming things, battery operated candles (good for nightlight in bathroom), travel clock, Febreeze, Clorox wipes, extra camera batteries and memory card, fanny pack! :D