Is it best to buy coffee card as soon as you get on ship or did I read they

imfun888

DW tells me that on our last cruise on the Emerald they offered a 20 percent discount on the first day out going down to $29 dollars plus tip. Maybe they did this on this particular sailing because they were not selling as well as they want. I know that there was never much of a wait to get a fresh brewed coffee. Also I believe there is a Florida sales tax issue on things purchased before the ship leaves Fort Lauderdale.

On our last cruise in December, we were told that they would soon start punching for brewed coffee. I hope that isn't true as I really enjoy a brewed coffee in the afternoon. I did notice they were punching for hot chocolate which previously was unlimited with a coffee card. but things change.;)

Yes, he/she does. All they have to do is look at your cruise card and copy your cruiise # that is posted on it. It will tell if you have booked an individual cruise or a btb (as one cruise).

The voyage number on the cruise card is the one for that segment. For each segment you get a new cruise card with a new cruise number.

On our last cruise in December, we were told that they would soon start punching for brewed coffee. I hope that isn't true as I really enjoy a brewed coffee in the afternoon. I did notice they were punching for hot chocolate which previously was unlimited with a coffee card. but things change.;)

With the new coffee cards only valid for unlimited brewed cofffee on the cruise where purchased, the remaining punches may be used for brewed coffee or specialty coffee drinks on other cruises.

What my DW and I decided to do after our first cruise was to buy a cheap coffee maker, and it fits nicely in a back pack that we check with the rest of luggage. We bring our favorite coffee, and creamer. It is so nice to wake up with the smell of coffee brewing. We go out to the balcony and enjoy the sun coming up.

You were lucky tom get away with it Princess and HAL as well as other cruise lines say No coffee makers or kettles in the cabins

• 1 month later...
What my DW and I decided to do after our first cruise was to buy a cheap coffee maker, and it fits nicely in a back pack that we check with the rest of luggage. We bring our favorite coffee, and creamer. It is so nice to wake up with the smell of coffee brewing. We go out to the balcony and enjoy the sun coming up.

We love fresh coffee in the morning, too. We are going to Alaska June 20th. Don't they bring coffee in the AM if you order it via room service the night before?

Can anyone tell me if DH and I will be able to share a coffee card, or do we have to purchase one each?

You can share one to use the punches for the specialty coffees.

The "unlimited" fresh brewed coffee is intended to be for one person.

Yep, I got mine right after embarkation as we dropped bags at the room and headed to the IC for my card and a Jamaican Blue! .

Hate to break it to you, but the "Jamaican Blue" is mostly likely a blend with maybe 10% Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee. Real Blue Mountain goes for around $20-$30 a pound, unlikely you'll see the real stuff anywhere brewed.I have some green (not roasted yet) blue mountain beans that cost me $23 a lb and that doesn't even take into account how much they'll shrink.

I was on the Ruby a few weeks ago. No coupons, no specials later in the week. They did have an insulated Princess coffee travel mug given out with the purchase though. That eased the cost a little. :D

That has been my experience on the last few cruises. Prior to that it had been the 2 for 1 if purchased on the 1st day. Now i understand that cards purchased will only be good for the cruise on which they are purchased but any that you still have from the old way are still good.

~Doris~

With the new coffee cards only valid for unlimited brewed cofffee on the cruise where purchased, the remaining punches may be used for brewed coffee or specialty coffee drinks on other cruises.

When did the policy change? I have a coffee card that I used on 2 cruises and was able to get unlimited brewed on both cruises (but I only used it for that a few times for my husband) and I also have a new card that I bought for my daughter last summer and still has a bunch of punches left. I planned to use that on my next Princess cruise. How will they know when I bought it? Are they marking them somehow? At least I will still be able to use the punches!

That has been my experience on the last few cruises. Prior to that it had been the 2 for 1 if purchased on the 1st day. Now i understand that cards purchased will only be good for the cruise on which they are purchased but any that you still have from the old way are still good.

The punches will still be good and punches can be used for fresh brewed coffee on subsequent cruises, but the old cards you have will no longer get you fresh brewed at no extra cost.

When did the policy change? I have a coffee card that I used on 2 cruises and was able to get unlimited brewed on both cruises (but I only used it for that a few times for my husband) and I also have a new card that I bought for my daughter last summer and still has a bunch of punches left. I planned to use that on my next Princess cruise. How will they know when I bought it? Are they marking them somehow? At least I will still be able to use the punches!

Yes, you will still be able to use the punches.

The new style cards have a place to write the voyage number on them. That is how they are marked to indicate if you can get the fresh brewed at no extra charge.

So there are new coffee cards? can you please explain how they work and if you have an old coffee card with remaining punches what to do? THANKS!!

So there are new coffee cards? can you please explain how they work and if you have an old coffee card with remaining punches what to do? THANKS!!

They work just like the old cards, but are only good for free fresh brewed on the boyage they were purchased (the voyage number is written on it when purchased).

Remaining punches can be used on your old card just like before. It just cannot be used for free fresh brewed which can be obtained using one of your remaining punches.

I have a coffee card with only one punch from a cruise 2 years ago. It is a king of clubs playing card style. Is this still valid to use??

The punches may still be used. No free fresh brewed, but they will give it to you for a punch.

Never seen a special on coffee cards. I always buy mine as soon as I can. On my last cruise, Mar/Feb, I found out that you do not get a mug unless you buy one as extra. So I guess I'll just start carrying my one of the mugs I already have with me. But it is still a great deal for those of us who drink a lot of coffee and prefer brewed coffee instead of the concentrate coffee you get at the buffet and MDRs.

Never seen a special on coffee cards. I always buy mine as soon as I can. On my last cruise, Mar/Feb, I found out that you do not get a mug unless you buy one as extra. So I guess I'll just start carrying my one of the mugs I already have with me. But it is still a great deal for those of us who drink a lot of coffee and prefer brewed coffee instead of the concentrate coffee you get at the buffet and MDRs.

No need to carry a mug around, either one from home or the Princess one, unless you really, really only want to drink the coffee from a mug.

I was on the Ruby a few weeks ago. No coupons, no specials later in the week. They did have an insulated Princess coffee travel mug given out with the purchase though. That eased the cost a little. :D

In April on the Sapphire the insulated mug cost $5 when purchased with the card, wasn't included in the cost of the card.

Archived