Auckland to Sydney

ducklite

We are seriously looking at Auckland to Sydney (or reverse) to celebrate our 20th anniversary. I'm looking at what they are offering for 2013, and am a bit confused about the free air. Is this offered for this cruise? I'd actually rather book my own air--I'll have enough miles for two *A F tickets for that cruise a year from now. If it's offered and we opt out, will they provide a credit and how much?

I agree. Many people decide to do their own air. Keep in mind that you would lose your Regent transfers. You may want to check to see how far the airport is from the cruise port and how much it will cost to get transportation.

In Auckland, a taxi between port or city and airport is around NZ$70.00. In Sydney, around AU$50.00. There also cheaper and less convenient options such as bus in Auckland, or shuttle or train in Sydney. If you are wanting to use award tickets, book early as this is a very popular route without a lot of availability! Creative award routes via Asia rather than direct sometimes work too.

Wow, so by booking our own air and hotels (I've got enough Hilton and Marriott points for a dozen nights each as well) I'd save $4000? That's rather substantial and definitely worth burning through some miles and points for--it would cover all of our incidentals, tips, etc.

I'll have enough miles for unrestricted award seats, I already have more than enough for the lower bucket of capacity controlled F seats, so I'm in good shape there. :D

Wow, so by booking our own air and hotels (I've got enough Hilton and Marriott points for a dozen nights each as well) I'd save $4000? That's rather substantial and definitely worth burning through some miles and points for--it would cover all of our incidentals, tips, etc.

I'll have enough miles for unrestricted award seats, I already have more than enough for the lower bucket of capacity controlled F seats, so I'm in good shape there. :D

Ducklite, if you have enough miles for Anytime First seats I'd like to let you know I am available to be adopted.;)

Archived