Review of the Ruby Princess, April 1st sailing the eastern Caribbean

BugsyCruiser

Wow, this is by far the best review I have read on this website. Your photos are awesome!

I was getting all excited for my Nov 4th cruise on the Ruby. Then I snapped back into reality and realized that I have to work tomorrow. Oh well, at least it's Friday.

Thanks again for taking the time to post such a great review.

J

I appreciate that. If you have any questions just let me know and I'll try to answer them as best as I can

• 3 weeks later...

Great review and pictures Bugsy!! Thank you for sharing your trip and adventures with us. After seeing this really makes me want to go on a Princess cruise next year. Looking forward to your "live" review on the Oasis in October. You'll have fun doing a "live" review. I did my first a few weeks ago and had fun. Looking forward to doing my next two in October and November.

Well Chris, the time is drawing close to our boarding the Ruby In Venice in about 12 more days. You great photos have inspired me to purchase a new Canon camera for our Grand Mediterranean cruise. I will post a review upon our return home, but it will be difficult to match the quality of yours. You have set the bar quite high.

Thanks again, Dixon

Well Chris, the time is drawing close to our boarding the Ruby In Venice in about 12 more days. You great photos have inspired me to purchase a new Canon camera for our Grand Mediterranean cruise. I will post a review upon our return home, but it will be difficult to match the quality of yours. You have set the bar quite high.

Thanks again, Dixon

You are very kind Dixon. I hope you have a wonderful time aboard Ruby. And make sure to try out the International Cafe.... great food for no additional charge :)

Great review and pictures Bugsy!! Thank you for sharing your trip and adventures with us. After seeing this really makes me want to go on a Princess cruise next year. Looking forward to your "live" review on the Oasis in October. You'll have fun doing a "live" review. I did my first a few weeks ago and had fun. Looking forward to doing my next two in October and November.

Thank you. I am looking forward to it. That camera I purchased back in March before this cruise has really produced great pictures. I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out on Oasis :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the review. I didn't get a chance to read all the post so you may have already mentioned this in one, but how was the weather in the Eastern Caribbean in April? We'll sail the Eastern next April 21st and have never been to the Caribbean in the Spring, always the fall.

Thanks!

Thanks for the review. I didn't get a chance to read all the post so you may have already mentioned this in one, but how was the weather in the Eastern Caribbean in April? We'll sail the Eastern next April 21st and have never been to the Caribbean in the Spring, always the fall.

We enjoy cruising during the Spring! Temps are always warm (if that's what you're worried about). :)

Thanks!

Weather was great. The hottest day was actually in Grand Turk. But the weather at the other ports of call was great

We enjoy cruising during the Spring! Temps are always warm (if that's what you're worried about). :)

Hi OnlineMom! I was meaning to ask you your thoughts on the cruise? I really enjoyed it a lot. By the way I changed sailings and now I'm on the Oasis in just a little over five weeks from now :D

If it was, I was not aware of it. I'll ask my personal cruise planner at Princess and see what she can tell me so I can keep an eye out for it on future cruises
They had 'em on the Island Princess in November 2009 when we sailed 10 days to the Panama Canal and back. Was like $50.00 but I can drink a lot of Coke. Basically it's just a sticker on your cruise card.

We having been thinking about the Ruby Princess for Feb 2013, our first cruise on Princess. Sailed on NCL, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Your review along with pictures sealed the deal for us. I will call my TA on Monday morning. Thanks for an excellent review.
Maybe my Beloved and I will see you then. Our 41st anniversary falls the last week of Feb and we are planning to do another cruise. Princess just ROCKS!

Bugsy - your reviews & photos were awesome! We have sailed 6 cruiselines but are now Princess-aholics with 20 so far & future cruises scheduled. If you stay with Princess you will appreciate their loyalty program imho the best in the industry. btw there seems to be no rhyme or reason to upgrades. We have had the honor of being upgraded; all of the rooms were pre-selected (no guaranteed); some with travel agents, one directly with Princess. The Upgrade Fairy is quite random when she points her magic wand. Enjoy your future cruises and please continue your reviews.

PS I agree with one of the posters who said your great experience was due to your great attitude. When cruisers constantly look for fault, they will find it.:)

Bugsy - your reviews & photos were awesome! We have sailed 6 cruiselines but are now Princess-aholics with 20 so far & future cruises scheduled. If you stay with Princess you will appreciate their loyalty program imho the best in the industry. btw there seems to be no rhyme or reason to upgrades. We have had the honor of being upgraded; all of the rooms were pre-selected (no guaranteed); some with travel agents, one directly with Princess. The Upgrade Fairy is quite random when she points her magic wand. Enjoy your future cruises and please continue your reviews.

PS I agree with one of the posters who said your great experience was due to your great attitude. When cruisers constantly look for fault, they will find it.:)

I appreciate your kind words. Looking forward to sailing on the new Royal next November :)

My daughter and I are scheduled to sail the beautiful Ruby ship in November. Your pictures made my evening. What a wonderful photographer you are. Thank you so much for sharing, you have certainly made many of us smile. Beats politics! Any info on handicapped access or cabins? I have oxygen and will have a scooter. We are on Deck9 in a mini suite (sweet)! Is the Cay the only island you tendered? Thanks again MJ

My daughter and I are scheduled to sail the beautiful Ruby ship in November. Your pictures made my evening. What a wonderful photographer you are. Thank you so much for sharing, you have certainly made many of us smile. Beats politics! Any info on handicapped access or cabins? I have oxygen and will have a scooter. We are on Deck9 in a mini suite (sweet)! Is the Cay the only island you tendered? Thanks again MJ

Yes the Cay is the only island you are tendered in to. I was upgraded to a handicapped accessible penthouse suite and while I didn't need to use any of it, the shower was nice being able to just walk right into it. I cannot speak on the mini suite though. I was in a guarantee mini suite before receiving the upgrade

You are very kind Dixon. I hope you have a wonderful time aboard Ruby. And make sure to try out the International Cafe.... great food for no additional charge :)

Well, we are back from an amazing cruise on a wonderful ship. The staff was excellent and the ship was as well. The International cafe was a favorite stop. We had lunch there more than once.

I will say that the Grand Mediterranean cruise was the most port intensive cruise ever. There were many long days, but there was so much to see that it was a necessity for us as this was our first time to Europe. Every port was amazing and we are already planning a return trip to spend more time in Rome and Florence. Next time it will be a land based trip.

I will be posting a review when I have a chance but just editing the photos will take some serious time as I ended up taking over 2500 of them!:rolleyes:

Best to you.. Dixon

BTW We were upgraded to a Mini Suite from a BG GTY and it was very nice indeed! The extra room made it great! The uncovered Balcony on the Dolphin deck was amazing at night with the stars overhead.

Well, we are back from an amazing cruise on a wonderful ship. The staff was excellent and the ship was as well. The International cafe was a favorite stop. We had lunch there more than once.

I will say that the Grand Mediterranean cruise was the most port intensive cruise ever. There were many long days, but there was so much to see that it was a necessity for us as this was our first time to Europe. Every port was amazing and we are already planning a return trip to spend more time in Rome and Florence. Next time it will be a land based trip.

I will be posting a review when I have a chance but just editing the photos will take some serious time as I ended up taking over 2500 of them!:rolleyes:

Best to you.. Dixon

BTW We were upgraded to a Mini Suite from a BG GTY and it was very nice indeed! The extra room made it great! The uncovered Balcony on the Dolphin deck was amazing at night with the stars overhead.

Matco - Can't wait to read your review! Did you go to any of the production shows? My daughter is one of the production singers (she's the red head but don't know if they are wigged in the shows) and also does a set of her original songs in Crooners one night. Haven't gotten to talk to her much lately, it will be nice when the Ruby is back in Ft. Lauderdale and she can call us more often!

Yes the Cay is the only island you are tendered in to. I was upgraded to a handicapped accessible penthouse suite and while I didn't need to use any of it, the shower was nice being able to just walk right into it. I cannot speak on the mini suite though. I was in a guarantee mini suite before receiving the upgrade

Your photos are great, as are your comments. Thanks. We're sailing Ruby East Carib. on 11/25. Do you remember which nights and times the main theater shows took place? I always look forward to the big shows and try to plan my Anytime Dining so I get a good seat in the theater.:)

Your photos are great, as are your comments. Thanks. We're sailing Ruby East Carib. on 11/25. Do you remember which nights and times the main theater shows took place? I always look forward to the big shows and try to plan my Anytime Dining so I get a good seat in the theater.:)

It's hard to remember when they took place honestly. But I will try to find out for you. Anytime dining worked out great for me. If you're interested in going to the shows I would say dine early

Best to you.. Dixon

Good to hear from you Dixon and glad you had a great time. By the way, was Captain Yeomans the master of the ship? And who was your cruise director? We had Samantha and she was an absolute riot! :)

Thank you again Chris. Will see what I can do about getting into the Cay. I love cruising, so staying on the ship won't break my heart. I am forwarding your pictures to my daughter (her first cruise). I hope that I love Princess as much as we did Holland America. We cruised on them 6 times. The food was great!!

Thank you again Chris. Will see what I can do about getting into the Cay. I love cruising, so staying on the ship won't break my heart. I am forwarding your pictures to my daughter (her first cruise). I hope that I love Princess as much as we did Holland America. We cruised on them 6 times. The food was great!!

I actually liked Princess way more than HAL. I have nothing against Holland America but it definitely is geared towards a much older crowd. Of course I was part of the National Review group so it was cool to meet all the speakers and dine with them but HAL is not exactly a party ship. Princess was much more lively, without bopping you over the head with it

Archived