Review of the Ruby Princess, April 1st sailing the eastern Caribbean

BugsyCruiser

Tonight was the first formal night so of course had the champagne tower and Captain Yeomans came out to say hello to everyone. He announced that we had 3460 passengers on this cruise. Sure didn't feel like it during the whole week. I never once felt crowded.

282.jpg

283.jpg

287.jpg

Oh almost forgot. I tried the fish and chips along with a Guinness at the Wheelhouse bar. I recommend it... very good lunch:

279.jpg

Here are some thoughts at this point of the cruise. I did enjoy my first cruise and that was a special cruise due to attending the seminars, meeting and having dinner with those speakers... but so far, Princess has outshined that cruise by far. I have found the crew and officers to be very professional and sociable. I have found the passengers to be very sociable(which is a good thing since I travel alone, for now).

The food has been very good. As I said I only ate in the buffet one time so I can't really give a very good opinion on that. The food from the international cafe is to die for... whether it be the pastries in the morning, the sandwiches during lunch, dessert... you name it, it's been excellent there

And another plus... the coffee is much better on here IMHO.

So far my grades are:

Food: A

Activities: A-

Crew: A

Cabin: A+

More to come later friends...

Oh almost forgot. I tried the fish and chips along with a Guinness at the Wheelhouse bar. I recommend it... very good lunch:

279.jpg

Here are some thoughts at this point of the cruise. I did enjoy my first cruise and that was a special cruise due to attending the seminars, meeting and having dinner with those speakers... but so far, Princess has outshined that cruise by far. I have found the crew and officers to be very professional and sociable. I have found the passengers to be very sociable(which is a good thing since I travel alone, for now).

The food has been very good. As I said I only ate in the buffet one time so I can't really give a very good opinion on that. The food from the international cafe is to die for... whether it be the pastries in the morning, the sandwiches during lunch, dessert... you name it, it's been excellent there

And another plus... the coffee is much better on here IMHO.

So far my grades are:

Food: A

Activities: A-

Crew: A

Cabin: A+

More to come later friends...

Thank You So Much... For Your Nice Review, And Wonderful Pictures!!! I Will Be Sailing On Her, April 2013!! I Also Sailing Solo!!!

How Was The Santuary?? Is It Worth The Price?? Is The Steamrooms, And Sauna's Free?? Please Keep The Pictures Coming!!! Once Again.. Thanks!!

Thank You So Much... For Your Nice Review, And Wonderful Pictures!!! I Will Be Sailing On Her, April 2013!! I Also Sailing Solo!!!

How Was The Santuary?? Is It Worth The Price?? Is The Steamrooms, And Sauna's Free?? Please Keep The Pictures Coming!!! Once Again.. Thanks!!

Big Jay I can't say anything about the Sanctuary because I never tried it out... sorry. As far as the steamroom and sauna.... if you're in a suite you get free access to the thermal suite during the cruise anytime the Lotus Spa is open. But I believe the weekly pass for the thermal suite is quite reasonable and I would say the thermal suite is worth it

I love that 3 masted sail boat. I could retire on that beauty!

Your photos are the best I have seen on this board! Thanks for taking the time to share them. I am that much more excited and anxious to board the Ruby In Venice for out Mediterranean cruise this August!

I love that 3 masted sail boat. I could retire on that beauty!

Your photos are the best I have seen on this board! Thanks for taking the time to share them. I am that much more excited and anxious to board the Ruby In Venice for out Mediterranean cruise this August!

Got plenty more my friend. Appreciate the compliment :)

I love this review! Very well written.

Reminds me of our Ruby cruise. We sailed on Ruby in 2008 ... her 3rd cruise ever. Captain Yeomans(?) also attended our cruise critics gathering, and I even have a picture with him. :p:D

One of my favorite places aside from Piazza and Terrace pool is Wheelhouse Bar, but I think it's a bit better planed on Caribbean Princess.

Your pictures are amazing. What camera/lenses you are using if it is not a secret of course? :)

I love this review! Very well written.

Reminds me of our Ruby cruise. We sailed on Ruby in 2008 ... her 3rd cruise ever. Captain Yeomans(?) also attended our cruise critics gathering, and I even have a picture with him. :p:D

One of my favorite places aside from Piazza and Terrace pool is Wheelhouse Bar, but I think it's a bit better planed on Caribbean Princess.

Your pictures are amazing. What camera/lenses you are using if it is not a secret of course? :)

Nah no secret on the camera. Happy to fill you in on it. Click on this link.... this is the camera I'm using:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+NEX-5N+16.1-Megapixel+Digital+Camera+with+18-55mm+Lens+-+Silver/3187031.p?id=1218385838199&skuId=3187031

Well here's everyone lining up for the 1230pm tours in St. Maarten. I opted for the zoo and island tour. It was good. The zoo of course isn't on par with the San Diego Zoo(what zoo is?) but it was a nice little zoo... pretty neat

327.jpg

330.jpg

334.jpg

339.jpg

Well here's everyone lining up for the 1230pm tours in St. Maarten. I opted for the zoo and island tour. It was good. The zoo of course isn't on par with the San Diego Zoo(what zoo is?) but it was a nice little zoo... pretty neat

327.jpg

330.jpg

334.jpg

339.jpg

My husband and daughter are in the photo on the dock where we were awaiting our Butterfly Farm tour. He's in the red shirt/green cap and my daughter is to the right. They'll get a kick out of this. My sister has a photo chip to lend me of all the food we had in the MDR. Do you think I should post? Thanks for sharing all these photos. Wish I was still on the boat!

My husband and daughter are in the photo on the dock where we were awaiting our Butterfly Farm tour. He's in the red shirt/green cap and my daughter is to the right. They'll get a kick out of this. My sister has a photo chip to lend me of all the food we had in the MDR. Do you think I should post? Thanks for sharing all these photos. Wish I was still on the boat!

Sure! I'd like to see it. I wish I was still on the boat too

Archived