Any Celebrity brunch fans care to describe it?

happy cruzer

Thanks to all for the pics and information; the food looks good and nicely presented but the whole scene does look a bit more frenzied than we'll probably want to deal with. Will the regular lunch buffet be an option that day?

We participated in the brunch on two of our Equinox cruises, but on the last one, I just enjoyed a late breakfast in Blu instead. The victuals at the brunch were just fine, but the activities of some of the humanoids left ssomething to be desired, although most of the folks were well mannered.

Sadly, it was too crowded.

Was Blu open for breakfast quite a bit later than usual that day? I think I recall reading that they usually stop serving breakfast no later than... 10 am?

Great photos. We enjoyed the brunch very much but found that it was not well advertised, based on what we saw in the daily paper. If we had not read about the brunch on CC I suspect we might have completely missed it.

M

I agree, it is not well publicized. Normally your waiters are supposed to tell you about it at dinner the night before. However, we had the world's worst waiter on our last Connie cruise (a very unusual occurrence on Celebrity) and he didn't mention it. So we didn't know about it--happened to hear about it from someone after we had a late breakfast. Where it's hidden in the Daily--in the main dining room hours. How many people read that section of the Daily every day? Not many, I wouldn't think. So, if you're really interested, keep an eagle eye on that spot!

When we were on the Solstice and did the Galley Tour, here is one of my pictures showing the "magic" for this great carving work. Notice how the flowers were done per FranklinPA's earlier comments. Wonderful visual fun!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Can you tell me how to join the Galley Tour. I would love to do that. We will on Solstice next month.

[/color][/font][/size]

Can you tell me how to join the Galley Tour. I would love to do that. We will on Solstice next month.

It will be announced in the daily program you get each evening. DW has done it a few times and always learns something new about cooking. And she is a world class cook IMHO.

As I understand, these tours are done on sea days. Check the daily schedule/newspaper that lists the various options for each day that is delivered to your room the evening prior. I can't recall exactly, but you might need to call and make a reservation to help them prepare on the numbers planning to participate.

Folks will assembly in the main floor of the large dining room. They will give background on the overall food operations (doing 12,000 meals a day for all of the staff and passengers in 17 different kitchens). Then, in smaller groups, they will start conducting the tours through the working kitchen areas. While waiting for your group, the top managers answer various questions. Below is another picture from our tour.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 72,435 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

During the galley tour, here is what can be done in an interesting way with the bread sticks. The bread options were very good on this Solstice sailing.:

SolsticeBuffetTourBreadSticks.jpg

We skipped breakfast and went at the beginning. We will never do that again. We had to stand in line waiting to be seated. It was so crowded that I was frustrated "looking" for food that I wanted to eat. There are many stations around as you can see from the pictures, so if I wanted in the hot line, then wanted something from the pasta line, it was chaotic. The next time we go, we will go later in the service time to let the crowds thin out.

My experience is that it is way too crowded at the beginning so go later on. The presentation is very good and the food good.

If you want to take pictures sometimes they let people in early JUST FOR PICTURES, NO FOOD.

My experience is that it is way too crowded at the beginning so go later on. The presentation is very good and the food good.

If you want to take pictures sometimes they let people in early JUST FOR PICTURES, NO FOOD.

Good advice. I did ask the man guarding the door on the upper level to let me in for photos. He was glad to do it as long as I stayed on the upper level. They are working very hard on the buffet at the last minute and don't want anyone in the way on the main floor.

Terry, I think the artist carving the fruit in you Solstice photo is now on the Equinox. He or someone who looks very similar to him gave a fantastic demo in lobby area at Guest Services one day. Great photo!!

Mulege: My experience is that it is way too crowded at the beginning so go later on. The presentation is very good and the food good. If you want to take pictures sometimes they let people in early JUST FOR PICTURES' date=' NO FOOD. [/quote']

FranklinPA: Good advice. I did ask the man guarding the door on the upper level to let me in for photos. He was glad to do it as long as I stayed on the upper level. They are working very hard on the buffet at the last minute and don't want anyone in the way on the main floor.

Good point by FranklinPA on how some of the key staff move around among the Celebrity ships' date=' especially as more new ships have been added during the recent years. Appreciate the nice comment on this photo. You could see the pride he had in his great work and artistry.

[b']YES, getting there before the start of the Brunch Buffet is vital [/b]if you want to capture things when they look best, plus avoid the big crunch of the crowds, busy staff. That's what I did and got the photo I have previously posted.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 72,605 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

On our recent Century Cruise, the waiter told us about it the night before at dinner.

People who wanted to take pctures were allowed in 9:45-10:15, we came in upper level 6, and down steps, they funneled us along one side to take pics, using stanchions and webbed dividers, and then after the center ice sculpture/dessert finale, winded us back the other side, and we went out.

Then lined up to enter again on deck 5, were seated at a table by a waiter, served drinks.

Good advice. I did ask the man guarding the door on the upper level to let me in for photos. He was glad to do it as long as I stayed on the upper level. They are working very hard on the buffet at the last minute and don't want anyone in the way on the main floor.

I'm glad you posted this. I love taking photos of the "specialty" buffets. I'll have to keep this in mind for my upcoming cruise.

People who wanted to take pctures were allowed in 9:45-10:15, we came in upper level 6, and down steps, they funneled us along one side to take pics, using stanchions and webbed dividers, and then after the center ice sculpture/dessert finale, winded us back the other side, and we went out.

Smart!! We were on a HAL cruise and they did this. Made it so much easier and you don't end with alot of people in your photos either. I know I'm not the only one who likes taking photos of the food.

On the Solstice, it was the same. They allowed us in early to take photos. Nice to be able to "capture the moment"...undisturbed. In addition, we were able to survey the stations we wanted to taste...way tooooo many to choose from. When asked what we like about Celebrity...without hesitation...the brunch. :)

It's always listed in the Dailies - sometimes it's a lot to read - but checking them out for any entertainment you'd like is always beneficial.

Some people really don't like the brunch - too crowded, food no different, etc.

But look at these pictures! It's another fun time on your cruise! Just join the crowd and grab a plate!:)

The great photos that have been posted describe the brunch far better than any words can.

Most passengers find the brunch to be a nice change of pace, but anyone who does not enjoy this type of mob scene and is happy with the standard offerings can always eat up at the buffet instead.

It is actually a great time to eat at the buffet because it will be quiet and uncrowded there with no lines. You can have the entire place practically to yourself as almost everyone else will be at the brunch.

But if you have not been to the brunch before, at least go and check it out to look it over and see if there is anything special that tempts you.

The offerings can vary from cruise to cruise. For example, they had wonderful crab legs at the brunch on one cruise we took, not particularly good crab legs on another cruise, and no crab legs at all on yet another.

So is there any validity to the statement that you should go later to the brunch to avoid the crowds? Will all the food be gone?

No - plenty of food. They constantly re-supply during the brunch. The only negative is that the displays may seem "used" as people spill things as they help themselves. Think all the photos on this thread were made while the tables were fresh and the real action had not begun. We should make some around the end of the buffet to show what "used" looks like.

Archived