Junior Suite name change !

Was I sleeping or did they change the name to a Superior Oceanview Suite recently ?

I keep checking my res for price drops and today I noticed the name change not really a big deal just thought it was interesting .

Have a great day everyone :)

Was I sleeping or did they change the name to a Superior Oceanview Suite recently ?

I keep checking my res for price drops and today I noticed the name change not really a big deal just thought it was interesting .

From the RCI website under "Ships" and then Grandeur.....

Stateroom Details on the Grandeur Of The Seas Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), private balcony, sitting area with sofa bed, refrigerator, private bathroom, bathtub, vanity area, closed-circuit TV and phone. Also referred to as Junior Suite. (245 sq. ft., balcony 58 sq. ft.)

From the RCI website under "Ships" and then Grandeur.....

Stateroom Details on the Grandeur Of The Seas Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), private balcony, sitting area with sofa bed, refrigerator, private bathroom, bathtub, vanity area, closed-circuit TV and phone. Also referred to as Junior Suite. (245 sq. ft., balcony 58 sq. ft.)

As long as you still get double points, I don't care if they call it Fred:D

Not sure – but the issue ( to me) is getting the word “suite” out of the name. The cabin doesn’t qualify for most of the suite benefits and could be misleading to passengers.

M

If they took the word "suite" out of the description, they could never charge as much as they do for that cabin category!

As long as you still get double points, I don't care if they call it Fred:D

LOL, absolutely agreee!!

I hope this isn't their way of eventually easing the JS out of that suite related benefit.

Superior Oceanview Suite was the old name for Junior Suites. Grandeur is probably the last ship in the fleet that still refers to them as SOV suites (Soverign was the first to use the term):)

Silly question, we have booked a "suite" on our next cruise and have also booked two superior outside view rooms for our kids (ages range from 20 to 23.

Can they come with us to the "suite" check-in line or are they "stuck" in the regular line? It will be their first cruise and of course we will stay with them wherever we have to go, just wondering.

Silly question, we have booked a "suite" on our next cruise and have also booked two superior outside view rooms for our kids (ages range from 20 to 23.

Can they come with us to the "suite" check-in line or are they "stuck" in the regular line? It will be their first cruise and of course we will stay with them wherever we have to go, just wondering.

You should all be able to check in together.

It still has the name "suite" in it, so maybe someone can enlighten me as to the change.

There is s Superior Oceanview cabin (SOV), no balcony, as is used on the Monarch, and Majesty..........it's not a suite.

Most of us know that a JS is more space, double points, and unless they have changed it, a different colored sea pass.

I also know that Royal Caribbean has been wrestling with the name change of JS's for a time, so that they don't have to call they a suite.

But when we stay in a JS in a hotel, normally it's just a bit more space for the money. It does not give the same ammenities as staying in a full suite on land.

So, the point would be????:rolleyes:

Rick

I would say yes.

Jr Suite cards are a silver color. Silly me, I thought my card color matched my Platinum status, but the loyalty ambassador corrected me on this one... so, "regular" cabins get blue cards, Jr Suites get silver, and "real" suites get gold? REALLY?

I do like the fact that I'm getting to Diamond twice as fast as I would have in a regular cabin, but not a big fan of the fact that a Jr Suite on the Enchantment really isn't much bigger than a D1 on Freedom (50 sq ft). Sad part is... Diamond really doesn't get me anything... and Diamond Plus seems SO far away!

Question: Do you get double points for a JS even if it is your first time sailing with RCCL?

Archived