Costa Maya CANCELLED from our March 2013 out of Galveston????

Two really good friends just cruised the Magic out of Galveston and could not say enough good things. I think we will try it next year and see for ourselves. It has been 15 years since we were last on Carnival.
That's good to hear about the Magic. We are just off of the Carnival Legend out of Tampa. This was a family cruise so we went with the flow. OMG, that has got to be the most bizarre ship I've ever seen. Low dark black or chocolate brown ceilings with the centrum featuring 6 stories of silver plastic vases (?) that look like burial urns. We all agreed it was depressing and claustrophobic. Some years ago we were on the Carnival Ecstasy out of Galveston. While it wouldn't be our first choice of cruise ships, it wasn't as bad as some of the reviews. The Legend, however, is another story :-) What to do, what to do about our family Christmas cruise ???

I have been several times to Costa Maya and will not miss it. It is a port created for the cruise ships with all the tourist shops and high prices. The extra day at sea will be a lot nicer.

I just returned from a one week diving trip to Cozumel. The island is very safe and I never felt threatened. Every afternoon after diving I would go down to the plaza and knock down a few cold ones while walking around looking. This was my fourth year to do this.

We were on a family trip on the Mariner last December and saw the Magic berthed next door. We really want to book it soon. The RCI ships are adequate but we prefer Princess for many reasons.

Called Princess. They have a darn good reason The rep said Majahual was cancelled due to a high rate of crime. Princess obviously couldn't state that in the confirmation notices.

That was going to be my guess. So sad. Mexico is such a beautiful country, but we are not choosing any itineraries that go there, due to the crime. Just not worth it.

That was going to be my guess. So sad. Mexico is such a beautiful country, but we are not choosing any itineraries that go there, due to the crime. Just not worth it.

But not true. My friends at Princess say that Costa Maya was dropped to save fuel. Simple as that.

. No, Costa Maya does not have a high crime rate. It's not on the Pacific Coast but rather considered to be part of the Caribbean. It's one of Disney's favorite ports as it's family friendly with genuinely nice, warm honest people. I don't think fuel is a factor either as Costa Maya is located between Cozumel and Belize City. I do believe that one of the local owners of an all-inclusive was right when he said there was a dispute regarding port taxes. I hope an agreement can be reached as this is certainly a nicer port than some of the others offered on the Western Caribbean route.

But not true. My friends at Princess say that Costa Maya was dropped to save fuel. Simple as that.

Another indication of no crime problen: Carnival, Holland America, Disney, Royal Caribbean, NCL, Oceania, Regent and Celebrity still go there.

Archived