Costa Maya CANCELLED from our March 2013 out of Galveston????

Just recieved this email: :(

IMPORTANT NOTICES

ITINERARY CHANGE

Please be advised that due to operational reasons, the call to Costa Maya on March 11 has been cancelled and replaced with a day at sea. The revised itinerary displays in full at the end of this notification

This is the March 11, 2013 on the Crown PRincess.

bummer! wonder what's up!? we were going because of 4 ports......anyone know anything??:confused:

Just recieved this email: :(

IMPORTANT NOTICES

ITINERARY CHANGE

Please be advised that due to operational reasons, the call to Costa Maya on March 11 has been cancelled and replaced with a day at sea. The revised itinerary displays in full at the end of this notification

This is the March 11, 2013 on the Crown PRincess.

bummer! wonder what's up!? we were going because of 4 ports......anyone know anything??:confused:

I've only been on a couple of cruises so not sure what the reason would be. But it does say due to operational reasons... may have something to do with the port just won't work out logistically or something. But you do get a bonus... an extra day at sea. I do consider that a plus as it will give you more time to experience the ship IMHO

Anytime they change anything it is for "operational reasons."

This is not really a good explanation by them.

Princess web site still lists the following itinerary:

Ports: Galveston, Texas | Island of Cozumel, Mexico | Island of Roatan, Honduras | Belize City, Belize | Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico | Galveston, Texas

I got my notice today and we will be canceling our cruise. I have been to Costa Maya 2 times before and don't need another sea day on a 7 day cruise.

Thats BS.

Your signature indicates you are on the 4-6-13 sailing; I suppose this means that Costa Maya is off more than just the March 9 sailing. Is it off all the itineraries, from December through April? (Despite the emails, the Primcess website is still showing the uncorrected itineraries on these sailings as of just a few minutes ago.)

Your signature indicates you are on the 4-6-13 sailing; I suppose this means that Costa Maya is off more than just the March 9 sailing. Is it off all the itineraries, from December through April? (Despite the emails, the Primcess website is still showing the uncorrected itineraries on these sailings as of just a few minutes ago.)

From what I understand, the call to Costa Maya has been removed from all Crown sailings from Galveston...

Interesting:

Princess' WEB site still show Mahahual (Costa Maya) as part of this itinerary. I have yet to receive an email showing this cancellation.

For March 11, Princess is the only scheduled ship to dock in Costa Maya as per Cruisetimetables.

Costa Maya is just a shopping mall unless you get yourself a mile or so away to the true fishing village of Majahual. You aren't missing much to miss Costa Maya as a port, IMO.

We went to a beach there once that was gorgeous! It was several years ago - not sure if it is still offered.

Costa Maya is just a shopping mall unless you get yourself a mile or so away to the true fishing village of Majahual. You aren't missing much to miss Costa Maya as a port, IMO.

We been there before and love the pristine beaches. We were planning on enjoying a day at the beach with the little ones. Guess there is only Roatan left where we can actually go to a beach.

Thanks Princess!

The price we have for an inside is so much lower than the other ships I might keep it BUT now since the intenaray isn't better I might look at another line since I have 3 more to choose from outta Galveston!

Can't disagree more. Most fascinating Mayan ruins we've seen. The populace can use the money, too.

Now we start the cruise with two sea days!:(

I cruise for the ports, not the ship. I can do the same things at home without paying for room and board.

Princess still has Majahual listed in the booking section, and the fares are jacked up 8.5%. Trying to catch up with RCI and Carnival Galveston prices?:rolleyes:

Have to disagree with you as well. We love it. You have to get out and see the sites!! :p

Pure speculation:

Princess can save money by not having to cruise at the speed needed to get to Mahahual (Costa Maya) by 10 AM that day. That would certainly be a possible "operational reason."

I tend to agree with you. Last time Princess did this itinerary it was always a stretch to make the port on time. When the ship was delayed for a few hours or had to cancel, there were lots of unhappy pax. With the fuel costs what they are, I'll bet it was easier to just cut the port than impose the surcharge. Princess did a similar thing on the Crown's summer Mediterranean itineraries and eliminated Rhodes for 'operational reasons'.

Too bad they canceled Costa Maya. It's a nice little stop if you get out of the cruiseline-created port area.

This seems to be a theme with Princess these days. Canceling ports for operational reasons, first in the Med on the Crown and now the Caribbean too. I'm with others on this thread, these "operational reasons" are probably of the money saving variety. :rolleyes:

This time it's probably not the best decision, considering all the competition Princess will have in Galveston next year.

It would have been better to cancel Cozumel.

o Many people have been there multiple times.

o Seriously oriented towards tourists (no Diamonds International at Costa Maya)

o Main sightseeing attractions are on the mainland which requires a ferry ride that many find rough

I agree..It can get terribly crowded with six ships in port..

It would have been better to cancel Cozumel.

o Many people have been there multiple times.

o Seriously oriented towards tourists (no Diamonds International at Costa Maya)

o Main sightseeing attractions are on the mainland which requires a ferry ride that many find rough

Archived