No MDR???

Would you cruise aboard a ship lacking a Main Dining Room?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Would you cruise aboard a ship lacking a Main Dining Room?

• Yes, sounds like an innovative and exciting proposition.
    • No, I enjoy the atmosphere, food, and service.
    • Not sure, I have reservations about my options or cost.

You can pretty much count this rumor as a crock of... Eliminating the MDR is moving completely in the opposite direction of the 'Family' cruise experience. They would loose bookings like there is no tomorrow. Ask yourself how would large families afford specialty dining every night. Ain't gonna' happen.:rolleyes:

The amount of dining options aboard ships is steadily rising. The floating rumor regarding Project Sunshine includes a greatly reduced or completely absent Main Dining Room. With the number of specialty restaurants and a (somewhat) increasing distain for the MDR; how many would book a cruise aboard a ship lacking a MDR? Just wondering how people feel about this as cruise ships and cruise options evolve.

instead of mediocore food in one big venue, they just spread it around and make you pay nominal fees to eat it... what a great business idea

I don't really care if there's a MDR, don't really care for them anyways.

As suggested on another thread a little while ago...how about a "No Time Dining" option for those who don't want to go to the MDR but do not want MTD either?

I would like that option as well. The last two Royal Caribbean cruises my husband and I took alone, we never ate in the MDR. We ate in the specialty restaurants every night. On the only NCL cruise we ever took a couple years ago we never ate in the MDR did specialty venues every night.

I don't know if they have cut back on number of servers or kitchen staff but I have noticed the service suffer over the past few years.

I had made that suggestion to Mr.Goldsteins office and received an email back from them that they are working on it.

Archived