How Do You Pronounce Lido

CRUISE4JANE

Do you pronounce it lee-dough or lid-o? I don't want to sound stupid on the ship. I always said lid-o. Guess I am wrong according to my daughter.

:confused::rolleyes::eek:

dake 9, lee dough.

surely, you've taken an elevator?

On my very first cruise, I had never heard the term Lido before. So once my family and I completed check in the lady said, "you can go have lunch on the Lido deck" but I thought she said the "little deck'. she was hispanic and I thought that was just her accent.

So I said "the little deck?" and she says "no, the Lee-do deck"...so I pause and stare at her and say "the little deck?" She than had to write it on a piece of paper for me.

My family and I laugh about that to this day.

dake 9, lee dough.

surely, you've taken an elevator?

Not everyone pays attention on the elevator. My kids thought it was saying "probably not." They thought the elevator was saying that was probably not where it was stopping instead of promenade. ha ha ! :D

Lee dough!!!! and all the other great pronounciations works for me too! Wow...just noticed that word is probably the longest word I have ever seen/read. Pronounciation. Lee Dough! Food deck, loud deck, fun deck for some. Crowded deck etc etc. Lee Dough!

Lee dough!!!! and all the other great pronounciations works for me too! Wow...just noticed that word is probably the longest word I have ever seen/read. Pronounciation. Lee Dough! Food deck, loud deck, fun deck for some. Crowded deck etc etc. Lee Dough!

Don't forget chair hog deck ! :mad:

Archived