Suite Questions

WE are thinking of booking a Grande Suite on Oasis or Freedom and had a couple of questions.

1. Can you bring drinks out of the Concierge Club?

2. Because we are a party of 5 and have 2 rooms, can my children enjoy the suite benefits of check in, priority tender and show seating? I have seen conflicting posts about it.

WE are thinking of booking a Grande Suite on Oasis or Freedom and had a couple of questions.

1. Can you bring drinks out of the Concierge Club?

2. Because we are a party of 5 and have 2 rooms, can my children enjoy the suite benefits of check in, priority tender and show seating? I have seen conflicting posts about it.

I will try to help, and others please correct me if I am wrong.

Answers

1. No

2. If they are in a suite, yes for sure. If not...

Your children should be able to join you in check-in.

On Oasis there are no tenders... haven't been on Freedom so I can't answer that one.

On Oasis I have seen non-suite guests seated in the area, but only after the grandparents raised a big fuss. You should make reservations as a PS understood.

Hope this helps.

I am wondering this as well. The price tag for Explorer's RFS for next March is over 11K. We are looking at March 2014 (if it ever comes out). Kids will be old enough to be in an inside across from a Grand Suite for us. And that might save us a few thousand dollars over the RFS we stayed in this past March (NOT 11 K I might add!)

Will they be able to be on Barefoot Beach with us? We probably won't rent a cabana-but might if it means that is the only way to use Barefoot Beach.

We had a Grand Suite on Freedom in August 10' and we had our 2 DD's with us (13 & 18 ) and they stayed in a blacony room. They boarded with us and sat with us at the shows . We never did use the CL so don't know about that. We didn't use the suite seating at the pool because we did not like the location it was in and it was windy up there so that was not an issue for us.

Time to get flamed..but if I pay to have my whole family in a suite, I am a little annoyed when I show up to the reserved theater seating and seats are taken by the grandkids or kids of people who book one suite and have other non-suite guests sitting in the reserved seating. On NCL they actually enforce it, but RCL can be lame.

. Now, you may think that I am a witch, but when the teens sitting in the seats that I could have had pay for their drink with a non- suite color card, I can tell that they do not belong there. And I report them.

To some of you it is a non-issue, but when I have to be split from my family it is WRONG. It is also wrong on these very-crowded ships during peak season to take something for which you did not pay that negatively impacts a family that is entitled to the said perk.

And if you call RCL and ask, they will tell you- non-suite guests are not to use the suite perks. It would be like me, a non-diamond member, demanding to use the Diamond lounge because my friend is of that status and we are traveling together.

As for check in, this adversely affects no one and should not be a problem. But when I am dropping 11k on a RFS, I don't want to have my seats taken by someone else.

Am I a rule junkie? YES. We teach our kids to follow the rules. And, no, I have never smuggled booze.

I am wondering this as well. The price tag for Explorer's RFS for next March is over 11K. We are looking at March 2014 (if it ever comes out). Kids will be old enough to be in an inside across from a Grand Suite for us. And that might save us a few thousand dollars over the RFS we stayed in this past March (NOT 11 K I might add!)

Will they be able to be on Barefoot Beach with us? We probably won't rent a cabana-but might if it means that is the only way to use Barefoot Beach.

My guess, if you arrive before they open the gold card seating to all pax, you would find seats for the whole family.

Time to get flamed..but if I pay to have my whole family in a suite, I am a little annoyed when I show up to the reserved theater seating and seats are taken by the grandkids or kids of people who book one suite and have other non-suite guests sitting in the reserved seating. On NCL they actually enforce it, but RCL can be lame.

. Now, you may think that I am a witch, but when the teens sitting in the seats that I could have had pay for their drink with a non- suite color card, I can tell that they do not belong there. And I report them.

To some of you it is a non-issue, but when I have to be split from my family it is WRONG. It is also wrong on these very-crowded ships during peak season to take something for which you did not pay that negatively impacts a family that is entitled to the said perk.

And if you call RCL and ask, they will tell you- non-suite guests are not to use the suite perks. It would be like me, a non-diamond member, demanding to use the Diamond lounge because my friend is of that status and we are traveling together.

As for check in, this adversely affects no one and should not be a problem. But when I am dropping 11k on a RFS, I don't want to have my seats taken by someone else.

Am I a rule junkie? YES. We teach our kids to follow the rules. And, no, I have never smuggled booze.

We actually never used the pool seating for the kids and we were in a RFS. We did use the seating for the ice show and there was plenty of extra room. Same for the shows-actually preferred non-suite seating for those. I asked about Barefoot Beach. Which was half empty on our last Explorer cruise (the one we had the RFS in).

Archived