REALLY nice people on cruises..........

sail7seas

Seeing I started such a negative thread about complainers, I really want to say we met some REALLY wonderful folks on our recent cruise.

We met a couple we've 'heard about' for a while and were delighted to finally make their acquaintance. We could not have liked them more and know why we've heard so many nice things about them.

These are folks we truly hope to sail with again. :)

Most here can say the same, right?

You've met folks you were happy to get to know. Without cruising there are many we never would likely have met.

I have meet many many people, including one of my best friends on a cruise ( we have been friends for over 25 years), had real nice group from cruise critic on Zuiderdam on November. Ships are big enough to avoid the few you want to avoid.

My family has met WONDERFUL people on HAL--one reason we are so loyal--and people have been very kind to my children.

On our last trip, we had a delightful, very senior couple sitting at a table for two next to us. They asked if they could "adopt" our family for the week. My 12-year-old son ended up talking to them every evening and was privileged to hear the amazing stories of their lives. Several years ago, he was doing a school project on WW II and met a veteran who shared some of his experiences--so generous.

And my fondest cruising memory will always be my daughter's 4th birthday. Recently arrived from China, she didn't speak much English yet. She was enthralled when people in our area of the dining room stood and sang to her as she received her cake during formal night. A kind couple from Australia Emailed pictures because I was too overcome to take any myself!

There are some lovely people in this world, and you do find a lot of them on HAL.

Sail...

We're still waiting for our first cruise experience this June 29 on the Amsterdam but I can already say we have met innumerable really nice people here on cc (yourself included at the front of the line). If the people on the cruise are anything like the people on this site we'll have the time of our lives! Everyone has been so helpful and kind.

Sail...

We're still waiting for our first cruise experience this June 29 on the Amsterdam but I can already say we have met innumerable really nice people here on cc (yourself included at the front of the line). If the people on the cruise are anything like the people on this site we'll have the time of our lives! Everyone has been so helpful and kind.

What a nice thing to say. Thank you.

I so hope you have a wonderful cruise and will come here and tell us about it. :)

I always think the "best" people sail HAL. We've made life long friends on cruises along with many we wish to sail with again.

I met my best friend through Cruise Critic and soon will sail with another member I've been wanting to meet for years.

Dh and I consider ourselves very lucky - we've met so many fantastic people on cruises - people I wish lived closer, people I want to cruise with again.

If it wasn't for the cc roll calls, I would probably never have met such fabulous people.

We count ourselves lucky to have met 2 very special members of our roll call last cruise that will be sharing part of our cruise with us next time:)

We have been blessed over the years and without cc and our roll calls, the chances are we wouldn't have had the privilege of even meeting or getting to know these fabulous people:eek:

Sail...

I second that :D

Guest LoveMyBoxer

One of the best persons we have met on all our cruises, we met on the Noordam in 2008 and have been sailing whenever we can with him ever since - GPOLL! We have met others on other cruises, but Geoff is our constant "cruising" friend! Sailed with him this past February and will be sailing with him in July. I consider him Family!

I have met lots of wonderful people on cruises. I meet nice people on every cruise I take. There is one not so nice person I met almost ten years ago. Why do I remember that person? I don't know but for every not so nice person I have run into thousands of nice ones.

I have never met anything but friendly, polite, and interesting people on HAL. I don't recall ever hearing a complaint - except that the cruise was over.

We have met wonderful friends on the CC boards - and some we've even had the pleasure of sailing with. We met very good friends on our first cruise and will be cruising with them for a 3rd time in July. They came to spend a week with us a couple years ago and in July we'll be spending time with them at their home in Vancouver before our cruise.

Archived