Rita's Cantina being replaced by Margaritaville

I will only say after 2 trips on Allure, Rita's seems to be the least popular venue, many people give it a try, but of everyone I talked to personally, 90% wouldn't do it again.

We would weigh into the 90%. We went to the Fiesta which was fun but not something we would do again. Bad food and weak drinks.

Speaking of Mexican food,:D, we're going on Oasis next week and will be in Cozumel, again:cool: We've done "Salsa, Salsa Margarita" a couple of times. Other times we've ended up at Senior Frogs. I seem to remember someone, maybe Bob, say that there is a good Mexican restaurant at the port just outside the gate area??? Can anyone confirm this, give me the name, or exactly where it is? Thanks!

I'm gonna go with "never". :rolleyes:

:)

I must have missed something but I thought that this rumor had died a quiet death months ago. Sometimes I wonder why someone feels compelled to resurrect posts that are years or more old, especially when there is nothing new to report.

Panchos Backyard is at the port and downtown in Cozumel. Downtown is better, I think. Awesome food. We are from Texas and really know our mexican food. Rita's doesn't even come close, but neither does Margaritaville. If you have to eat tortilla chips from a bag and not freshly made then forget it!! I would rather see a Seafood Shack than Ritas.

I heard today that RCI has done a deal with Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville and they'll be replacing Rita's Cantina. As yet there's no time frame for when this will be happening.

quote]

Great news, imho(anything other than Rita's). Rita's is just Ok and we have eaten there twice(different cruise mates or I wouldn't have gone) and once for the Fiesta. Not likely to go back since was only Fair minus on Radiance last month, imho.

We would definitely go to Margaritaville (can't eat at JR's anymore) and think it will be a much better draw than Rita's. I hope this is true;)

Like, I haven't seen, like the dog food reference much lately but like, seriously, you're in your 50's? By the way, like hyperbolize much?

No I'm not hyperbolizing much......I love Mexican..... I have eaten it in Mexico, California, and pretty much all over the US....I live on the east coast where we don't get "authentic" and even like Taco Bell. I'm not picky. Rita's was just plain bad.

Next up: Walmart to replace gift shops.

You have them when you get off the ship in many places, like Honolulu. Sam's Club in Puerto Vallarta are the ones that come to mind. So in some places they have replaced the ship gift shop! :eek:

Panchos Backyard is at the port and downtown in Cozumel. Downtown is better, I think. Awesome food. We are from Texas and really know our mexican food. Rita's doesn't even come close, but neither does Margaritaville. If you have to eat tortilla chips from a bag and not freshly made then forget it!! I would rather see a Seafood Shack than Ritas.

Agree! Ponchos Backyard (the one further out) was amazing! Delish guac and great margaritas. We walked but it was a hike. Took a cab back to the ship.

Agree! Ponchos Backyard (the one further out) was amazing! Delish guac and great margaritas. We walked but it was a hike. Took a cab back to the ship.

We're trying to figure out where the Panchos Backyard at the port is. Is it at the RCCL dock or possibly the Carnival dock? This time next week we'll be on Oasis:D

We're trying to figure out where the Panchos Backyard at the port is. Is it at the RCCL dock or possibly the Carnival dock? This time next week we'll be on Oasis:D

You know, I actually didn't even know there was one at the port area. When someone else mentioned it on here I figured I missed it! It might be at the Carnival dock?

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=887154

http://cruisediva.blogspot.com/2008/10/carnivals-puerta-maya-cruise-center-in.html

Have a blast on Oasis!!!

You know, I actually didn't even know there was one at the port area. When someone else mentioned it on here I figured I missed it! It might be at the Carnival dock?

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=887154

http://cruisediva.blogspot.com/2008/10/carnivals-puerta-maya-cruise-center-in.html

Have a blast on Oasis!!!

Thanks for the links. I'm guessing it's in the Carnival Dock area. I don't think it's that far of a walk. We'll check it out. Thanks!!!

I will only say after 2 trips on Allure, Rita's seems to be the least popular venue, many people give it a try, but of everyone I talked to personally, 90% wouldn't do it again.

We tried it and would not go back. I will say that our waiter was great. He went to another bar to get me a Boddingtons. I gave him a very nice tip! :)

Archived