Rita's Cantina being replaced by Margaritaville

Based on the newest ships, I'd say the latter. I realize they're marketing to a different demographic and that it is their choice. But that's one reason the new giants do not appeal to us at all.

beachchick

In the interest of fairness, it's not only happening on the newest or the giant ships nor is it only RCI. It seems to be the industry trend and IMHO, it detracts from rather than adds to the cruise experience.

Margaritaville in Las Vegas is huge...3 levels! Flamingo hotel!

We always make a stop there when in Vegas.

If you have never been to Margaritaville these are their volcano nachos...huge!

You need a crowd to order these!

3658685529_87118f1e59_z.jpg

I would suspect they would limit their menu.

I have not heard any positive feedback about Rita’s Cantina so switching it out for something else would make sense.

Always has been a fun atmosphere at Margaritaville!

Was on same cruise as Brian and went to Rita on a different night.

Heard the same announcement from the host that it is being replaced.

(Had posted our experience at Rita in a different post. Food was terrible. They brought the tastless "curry" dish from MDR as Mexican "Vegeterian" option!! (drinks were fine)

It is at prime location on Boardwalk. Space could be used for something exciting and fun.

Margaritaville in Las Vegas is huge...3 levels! Flamingo hotel!

We always make a stop there when in Vegas.

If you have never been to Margaritaville these are their volcano nachos...huge!

You need a crowd to order these!

I have not heard any positive feedback about Rita’s Cantina so switching it out for something else would make sense.

I've had these at Margaritaville in New Orleans!! LOVE!

(Had posted our experience at Rita in a different post. Food was terrible. They brought the tastless "curry" dish from MDR as Mexican "Vegeterian" option!! (drinks were fine)

It is at prime location on Boardwalk. Space could be used for something exciting and fun.

It seems so strange to me that the staff of Rita's went out of there way to make a public announcement about the change at each of the Fiestas, yet Royal is still being very hush-hush about any change that might be coming :confused:

Maybe it's just me, I work at a place that the staff only finds out about any changes 24-48 hrs before any public announcements are made, but it's not like a staff member made a couple of minor casual comments about rumors of a change... this was very intentional broadcast made to a whole crowd of people on at least 2-3 occassions :confused: What's up with that?

It seems so strange to me that the staff of Rita's went out of there way to make a public announcement about the change at each of the Fiestas, yet Royal is still being very hush-hush about any change that might be coming :confused:

Maybe it's just me, I work at a place that the staff only finds out about any changes 24-48 hrs before any public announcements are made, but it's not like a staff member made a couple of minor casual comments about rumors of a change... this was very intentional broadcast made to a whole crowd of people on at least 2-3 occassions :confused: What's up with that?

Free publicitiy...

:cool:

We were also on the 4/8 Allure cruise and thought Rita's was excellent. We did not hear that announcement, but we were at the Fiesta the 1st night of the cruise so that might be why. The staff were friendly and fun, as was the atmosphere in the restaurant and we thought the food was great! For the price of the Fiesta......20 bucks for adults (included 3 drinks each for adults) and $10 for the kids it was well worth the price. At the end of the fiesta we still had 3 drink coupons left over and they gave us 3 Coronas to go which we were able to take back to our room for later. We had a blast and would definitely go again if on the Allure in the future.

Sorry to see Rita's go if that's the plan, but am sure Margaritaville will be popular and great fun!

Sor

Margaritaville = good drinks and bad food

That's great cause if you drink enough good drinks you'll never notice that the food is terrible. It's the perfect business model.

How dare you post this when there is no possible way for me to get a bite of this right now.

Or could it be they are just looking for a decent cup of coffee....something hard to find on the ship;)

I dunno, in my opinion, it's hard to find a decent cup of joe at Starbucks! Many of their blends have a burnt nuttiness to their flavor - I can brew better tasting coffee at home FWIW.;)

I heard today that RCI has done a deal with Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville and they'll be replacing Rita's Cantina. As yet there's no time frame for when this will be happening.

I'm personally disappointed by this, I'd rather be able to eat at different places whilst on a cruise. Oh well.

I prefer the Margaritaville , I dont even like the rita cantina name , cantina is a spanish word and its like a place with bunch of food but those palces are soemtimes really dirty IDK , i dont like that word lol

For those inquiring minds...like mine... who want to know :rolleyes: ;)

Last week I emailed Royal Caribbean with a TON of questions (specifically about whether or not they take SpaFinder gift certificates...which they don't btw, an excursion question, an entertainment question AND about the question about Rita's being replaced with Margaritaville).... I got a cryptic response on Margaritaville.

"Royal Caribbean has not made any announcements about the COMPLETION of Margaritaville. Please continue to check our website for more information."

Hmmm.... sounds like this is not a rumor after all... How do you read between these lines?

"Royal Caribbean has not made any announcements about the COMPLETION of Margaritaville. Please continue to check our website for more information."

Oh BTW... because the response from RCCL seemed so cryptic, I went back to my email to see what exactly my question was. I asked if Rita's would still be open for our sailing or if Margaritaville would be open by then.

OK, I'm a foody and I enjoy Margaritaville for what it is but I'm sorry that just looks nasty.

• 10 months later...
Any new Updates on this "RUMOR"

Nothing new in almost a year and the fact that more ships have been

"revitalized" in the interim and Rita's Cantinas have been included in all of them, it appears that this rumor has died a well-deserved death. Perhaps Margaritavilles will be a feature of the Quantum class ships. (just thought it might be time to start a new and different Quantum rumor:D)

• 3 months later...

Archived