Pools for Diapered Kids

Pina Colada Princess

We are thinking of going away this fall with our DD who will still be in diapers. Which ships on which lines have pools/splash pads for diapered kids?

We went away last fall on a ship that did not have a swim area for her and, while she was still young enough to be ok in a little blow up pool, it will not work for this year.

Thanks!

I believe many of the ships now have splash pads, however I really do not know of any ship that has a pool for diapered kids. As a mother of 4, I feel for you and understand your desire to let your child enjoy a pool. Our youngest is almost two, 95% potty trained and I would never let her in a pool with other diapered children. My reason, she is forever putting her hands in her mouth, and I can just see her drinking the water. Yikes!!! We spent 2 weeks in Puerto Rico with her and every evening when brushing her little teeth I swear I recovered a teaspoon of sand. Enjoy your little one.

You need either Disney or one of RCI's Freedom or Oasis class ships. Not really pools per se, more like splash zones but good enough for toddlers.

As for drunk adults in hot tubs as many people are quick to point out, while I personally wouldn't get into one, it's not urine that presents a big risk.

Here is the list and the pictures :)

All Disney ships - Disney Magic, Wonder, Dream And Fantasy

Royal Caribbean Freedom, Liberty, Independence, Oasis, Allure - all OF THE SEAS

They all have small infant splash zones that have areas with 6" or less of water - its not a pool - but it's a splash zone for diapered tots.

Royal Caribbean Baby Zone

125.jpg

124.jpg

Disney Mickey Hat

124.jpg

122.jpg

The only ones I've heard of are four of the newest Royal Caribbean ships. Otherwise they all say no diapers or swim diapers. Personally I'm more worried about drunk adults in the hot tub than babies in swim diapers. :)

I totally agree with you, and funny thing, i just posted that same exact comment in another thread!!! great minds think alike!! I have seen numerous times drunk 20' somethings, admitting while drinking that they have just peed in the pool/hot tub.. at least baby pee is hygienic.. lol!

I totally agree with you, and funny thing, i just posted that same exact comment in another thread!!! great minds think alike!! I have seen numerous times drunk 20' somethings, admitting while drinking that they have just peed in the pool/hot tub.. at least baby pee is hygienic.. lol!

Actually, all urine is sterile. Pee isn't the problem. I've never seen a drunk adult take a big dump in the hot tub, but perhaps I've just been lucky...

Actually, all urine is sterile. Pee isn't the problem. I've never seen a drunk adult take a big dump in the hot tub, but perhaps I've just been lucky...

hehehe

I guess I've been lucky too, since I haven't seen that. You all are right about urine not being the problem. My 13 month old daughter is taking swimming lessons right now with a bunch of kids 1-3. I think I've walked through some "hot spots" in the water. I try not to think about it and take a shower when we get out. :) We're taking our daughter on her first cruise over New Years and I'm looking forward to going to the beach with her. The pools are a bummer, but I totally understand.

Let's not forget about Enchantment of the Seas and NCL Epic. Of course these two ships have great splash areas (No standing water). They are not for diapered kids or advertised as such but it has been my personal experience (5 times on Enchantment and 1 on Epic) they do not enforce the rule.

• 1 month later...

Archived