A few Celebrity ships made this list

Bridge Maven

Just goes to show how clueless the folks who put up these "definitive" best lists are. Celebrity is busily removing just exactly the facilities lauded in this article on its M class ships. Already been done on Infinity and Summit. Currently in process on Millennium. Constellation to follow shortly. With "information" like that out there, no wonder parents of kids show up and whine that there's no pool for their kid in diapers.

[quote=Happy Cruiser 6143;33493926]Just goes to show how clueless the folks who put up these "definitive" best lists are. Celebrity is busily removing just exactly the facilities lauded in this article on its M class ships. Already been done on Infinity and Summit. Currently in process on Millennium. Constellation to follow shortly. With "information" like that out there, no wonder parents of kids show up and whine that there's no pool for their kid in diapers.

So good to hear they're removing those facilities. It makes a cruise on Celebrity much more appealing. ;)

Just goes to show how clueless the folks who put up these "definitive" best lists are. Celebrity is busily removing just exactly the facilities lauded in this article on its M class ships. Already been done on Infinity and Summit. Currently in process on Millennium. Constellation to follow shortly. With "information" like that out there, no wonder parents of kids show up and whine that there's no pool for their kid in diapers.

I agree that most of the best lists in the travel industry are written by people who don't have the knowledge needed to make an informed decision. Sadly, Frommers was once a very respected name as an authority in the field, but its current writers are in a completely different league.

Sadly, Frommers was once a very respected name as an authority in the field, but its current writers are in a completely different league.

If we could all get paid to read CruiseCritic and become informed, I think we'd all quit our dayjobs.

[quote=Happy Cruiser 6143;33493926]Just goes to show how clueless the folks who put up these "definitive" best lists are. Celebrity is busily removing just exactly the facilities lauded in this article on its M class ships. Already been done on Infinity and Summit. Currently in process on Millennium. Constellation to follow shortly. With "information" like that out there, no wonder parents of kids show up and whine that there's no pool for their kid in diapers.

So good to hear they're removing those facilities. It makes a cruise on Celebrity much more appealing. ;)

Agree. We cancelled a cruise we really wanted to take to the Med with a group of friends on an RCI ship a couple of years ago because it was in July and, also, I had reviewed the ship and saw all the amenities for children and teens. We decided that having already raised our children and spent most of our vacations for them we didn't want this type of venue. :)

My kids have not yet been on an M class ship, but have been on two S class ships and the QM2. They loved all three, mostly for the same reasons mom and dad like them--Personal, attentive service and a consistently high quality experience.

Celebrity may not go out of their way to promote the kids program, but it's well-ranked by the audience that matters most: my own kids.

My kids have not yet been on an M class ship, but have been on two S class ships and the QM2. They loved all three, mostly for the same reasons mom and dad like them--Personal, attentive service and a consistently high quality experience.

Celebrity may not go out of their way to promote the kids program, but it's well-ranked by the audience that matters most: my own kids.

Same as my kids. Point to make is that when Celebrity was purchased by Royal Caribbean they were in deep trouble financially. They would probably not be around if not for the fact that they adapted and started to make families and all types of travelers welcome. Same thing goes for all the hot buttom issues that are on this board all the time. They had to adapt. Thank those kids for having those M class and S class ships to sail on.

I thought it was a bit of a fluke to have the M class ships on that list but in retrospect, I'm glad it is. Hopefully within the next 5-10 years my husband and I will be lucky enough to become grandparents, and it's nice to know that we wouldn't have to "give up" Celebrity. I'm happy that M class is Kid Class too!

Archived