Accademia or Uffizi

fcleiser3

It depends on your interests. The Uffizi is a large museum filled with world famous art, particularly from the Italian Renaissance. You could race through it and see the highlights in two hours, or spend days there and still not cover the entire collection.

The Accademia is a smaller museum which could fill a good half day, but most people go to see one (or maybe two) things; Michelangelo's David and the Prisoners.

As Euro said Uffizi is huge and unless there is an artist or few works that you just must I'd pass. I spent a whole day there once and the reality was it was overwhelming and dulled the senses with that much art.

Spend a couple hours there and you'll still feel like you missed it all.

The Accademia is smaller and we all really go there to see one thing, a naked man of all things :D You can get in and out with reserved tickets in 30' and feel like you saw everything there.

If you only had enough time to do one or the other, which would people choose Accademia or Uffizi?

IMO skip the Uffizi and go to see David at the Accademia. You can avoid the line by paying a little more to make a reservation online or you can call them (remember the time difference before calling). Agreed that you can get in and out in less than an hour.

Florence is one of my favorite places and the architecture is so amazing that it is worth it just to walk around and see the city. There is so much to see.

Enjoy!

If you only had enough time to do one or the other, which would people choose Accademia or Uffizi?

Perhaps you can plan in advance and be able to see both...we did. As everyone said, the Academia is a relatively small museum...go in and enjoy "David" then walk over to the Uffizi. :)

The Ufizzi was filled with great religious art, but I found it numbing after an hour or two. David was one of the most remarkable works of art we have ever seen and the Prisoners awesome as well.

We have seem David on all three of our trips to Florence, and never went back to the Ufizzi after our first visit

have a great time...we adore Florence!

Robin

It depends on your interests. The Uffizi is a large museum filled with world famous art, particularly from the Italian Renaissance. You could race through it and see the highlights in two hours, or spend days there and still not cover the entire collection.

The Accademia is a smaller museum which could fill a good half day, but most people go to see one (or maybe two) things; Michelangelo's David and the Prisoners.

The responses indicate how correct Euro is. I would easily choose the Uffizi, it has tons more to see but only if you have an interest in IR art.

Perhaps you can plan in advance and be able to see both...we did. As everyone said, the Academia is a relatively small museum...go in and enjoy "David" then walk over to the Uffizi. :)

We did as well in addition to several other sites. You can make reservations to make things go easier. We spent 2.5 hours in Ufizzi and .5 hours in Academia.

My God there is no choice at all.

Uffizi has some of the greatest and most important art ever created.

The David is the single most impressive work of art on earth.

You cannot go to Florence and not go to both. You HAVE to do both; you owe it to yourself....geez you're there!!!! Do it.

Accademia will take 45 minutes and Uffizi will take 2 hours.

If you don't go to both, it would be like going to the Sistine Chapel and not looking up.

Archived