Is there a scale at the gymn on board?

dln929

Not to be a spoilsport because I know one of the pleasure of cruising is eating, but I don't want to come home with a five pound weight gain!! I plan on working out (3 sea days so there's definitely opportunity there ;)) but I want to weigh myself first thing just to make sure I stay on track. So.....seeing that I've never stepped foot into the workout place on any other sailing...is there a scale? My form-fitting formal dress is riding on this one!

I've seen scales in the fitness center on the Voyager class ships, but don't recall seeing one on the Radiance class ships. I'm sure there's one either in the gym or the locker rooms. I tend to avoid it - I'm also on vacation from my scale obsession!:D

And wear the form-fitting dress on the first formal night, just in case...

I remember there being scales on either voyager or independance (can't remember which). They were the manual kind, where you have to slide the weighted marker along. I decided it was too complicated and that I'd worry about it when I got home :D

There should be a scale in the Shipshape centers, better known as the gym. However take what you see cautiously. As with any travel, your body will gain and lose a few pounds regardless of eating habits. You also won't get an accurate reading anytime the ship is at sea. Your better off just using your scale at home before and after you come back.

There was one on the Explorer last Oct. It was up in the fitness center. I used it on the first day and after one week. After that first week I never went back, it would have been too painful.

There was a scale on Navigator and I used it everyday! Your concerns about not gaining 5 lbs is reasonable but I think that gaining up to 5 lbs while on vacation is also reasonable as opposed to gaining 10 to 20. Personally, I have never gained more than 5 lbs either on sea or land vacations and I still managed to get into my clothes. Then again, I've never had to fit into a form-fitting dress but I think you're going to be fine and look fabulous! Have a good time! :)

I remember there being a scale on Adventure a year ago it was in the gym/workout area. I went to find it this February and was told there hadn't ever been a scale on the ship. Guess I was imagining using it the previous year.

Archived