2 entrees at Chops

In the MDR I usually order the beef and fish selection each night. Can I do the same at Chops- a steak and Halibut?

No, you can only get one entree in the specialty restaurants. You can order more than one appetizer/side though.

BND, did you personally get told no when you asked the waiter for a second entree'?

marci22, did you personally get charged $10.00 extra for an additional entree'?

I have, personally, ordered and received more than one entree' in several different specialty restaurants, including Chops, on several different RCI ships.

There was never any charge nor was there ever any problem.

One time, on the Radiance, in Chops , I couldn't decide. So they brought me three entree's - a steak, a veal chop, and lamb chops, at their insistence. Of course, I couldn't eat it all, but it seemed to be their pleasure to serve me.

Maybe they pick and choose whom they want to charge or just say no to.

Harvey

On our last trip our tablemates were charged an extra $10 for an extra entree.

All you can do is ask. If the "rules" in specialties are anything like other "rules" on RCI there will probably not be much consistency.:rolleyes:

Maybe so, Harvey. I also have bad luck with customs agents and cab drivers. Add specialty waiters to the list.

In Portofino, I asked if we could have an order of the pasta for our table of 5 people to share along with our entrees. He said it would be an additional $10, so I said never mind. He did bring it anyway, divided up into several small bowls. He said that dividing it made it a side and not an entree.

BND, did you personally get told no when you asked the waiter for a second entree'?

I have, personally, ordered and received more than one entree' in several different specialty restaurants, including Chops, on several different RCI ships.

One time, on the Radiance, in Chops , I couldn't decide. So they brought me three entree's - a steak, a veal chop, and lamb chops, at their insistence. Of course, I couldn't eat it all, but it seemed to be their pleasure to serve me.

Harvey

No, Harvey, I did not. I can't possibly eat that much food at one sitting.:D

There have been multiple posts/threads about only being able to get one entree.

Harvey

How long ago was this? There was a time you could order an extra (DH and I often split the mushroom pasta along with an entree in Portofino), but reports are that more recently they charge for this and additional entrees.

On Royal ships it's been a couple years. When did the $10.00 charge start?

However, last fall on the Celebrty Summit, in their Normandy Restaurant, I got two entree's two different nights. There was no extra charge. Same company. I guess Royal changed it's policy

Harvey

We were in Portofino in Nov 2010 on the Liberty. My friend ordered the Seafood Skewer (the 1 with Shrimp, Lobster, scallops). My friend said that he wanted 2

skewers. The server said that the entree was 1 skewer but that she could bring a 2nd for $10. My friend said "I will pay the $10 but I want a skewer with just

lobster." The server said that she had to ask the chef. Our orders arrived.

I had some wonderful dish (cannot remember- it was a few cruises ago). My

friend was served 2 skewers - 1 with mixed seafood, the other with big lobster chunks and a bowl of hot butter. I was so jealous!!!

We were in Portofino in Nov 2010 on the Liberty. My friend ordered the Seafood Skewer (the 1 with Shrimp, Lobster, scallops). My friend said that he wanted 2

skewers. The server said that the entree was 1 skewer but that she could bring a 2nd for $10. My friend said "I will pay the $10 but I want a skewer with just

lobster." The server said that she had to ask the chef. Our orders arrived.

I had some wonderful dish (cannot remember- it was a few cruises ago). My

friend was served 2 skewers - 1 with mixed seafood, the other with big lobster chunks and a bowl of hot butter. I was so jealous!!!

I too would be more than happy to pay an extra $10 for just a skewer of lobster! :) Now, more importantly, where on Oasis can I ask for this? :confused:

Archived