Oh Lord help me, what have I done?

Ok, I've booked my DH and myself onto the Fantasy for Dec 20-25th.. The problem is my best friend was hopeing (not planning, but hopeing) to spend Christmas with us. Now what do I do? It's doubtful my BF can get another roomie, I will offer to pay her deposit for one, since its exactly the cost of our two. found a cabin almost across the hall from our OV. Now, how to present this to her so she won't feel bad about a. having me pay the deposit, which will be about 1/2 the cost of her cruise or b. leaving her totally left out.

p.s. Last year we were home expecting to have her as a guest for Christmas and my bf did an excursion to Nashville/music hall of fame thing, which was probably about the same cost as her half of her cruise price wise this year. She had an awful roomie, but a good time despite that.

Any advice? Besides getting another bf or dh.. lol

I'd just say "Hey, we're doing a cruise that week, do you want to come??? For your Christmas present, I'll go ahead and put the deposit down for you". Would that work?

its just 5 days, why not add her to your room? Your husband and you can always sneak away if you need adult time.

first, I don't think I can, since I booked Earlysaver. would one of us have to be in an upper bunk?

DH is 60, I'm 62, and BF is 72.. lol not sure that cabin is big enough for 3.. lol

first, I don't think I can, since I booked Earlysaver. would one of us have to be in an upper bunk?

DH is 60, I'm 62, and BF is 72.. lol not sure that cabin is big enough for 3.. lol

You can, but the price may be different. But, it would still be cheaper than a new cabin.

Someone would have to be in the upper bunk unless that ship has roll aways.

3 people can easily go in an OV. Just a thought since it would be cheaper.

Call me a grinch but your plans are set and hers aren't. you get back on Christmas day. Have her show up on Christmas day when you get back home so you can spend it together. Problem solved. ;)

I'd tell her that you booked a cruise for Christmas, that you would, if she wanted to go, put up the deposit. If she says no, then hang out on New Years. That way you have no worries for a week.

Call me a grinch but your plans are set and hers aren't. you get back on Christmas day. Have her show up on Christmas day when you get back home so you can spend it together. Problem solved. ;)

I second the motion. All those in favor say "Aye!" :)

If my wife & I booked a cruise and a close friend or even a family member said they might visit I would tell them our plans are set so let's do the "visit" another time. Only a serious illness or death in the family would change our cruise plans. :)

I like the idea of offering to pay for her deposit. I would luv for my BF to help me pay for a cruise. Oh wait my BF is also my DH, & we already cruise together. LOL Either solution posted here would most likely work. Offer the deposit, if she turns that down, suggest her coming once you get back.

I second the motion. All those in favor say "Aye!" :)

Yes, but she is a recent widow, and I hate the thought of her spending that much time alone, especially the holiday. showing up on Christmas Day, wouldn't work, we live in seperate states, neither one being South Carolina. lol

Will probably pay for half her cruise, she won't mind being in the cheaper upper/lower cabin, right around the corner from ours..

I think this is my best bet..

Thanks for your input. I will let you know how it goes.

The Fantasy is grandfathered in to allow a rollaway bed in the cabin.

The cabin will be crowded with a king and a rollaway. When we travel we usually put one twin under the window, another along the wall (forming an 'L'). The rollaway can be placed along the other wall.

Call Carnival and see what happens at worst the answer will be 'no'.

I didn't say ending because it won't end until Dec 25th.. :)

so, I told my friend we were booked, and I would pay for 1/2 her cruise, as an early Christmas gift. She said she would think about it, hung up the phone.

She then got on the phone with Carnival, and booked the cabin next door to us AND refused to let me pay any of it. She declaired the invitation was enough Christmas present to offer her.

I will be sneaky and pay for her Chef's Table experience or something similar for a Christmas gift.. YEA!!!

The best possible event! How cool is this??

;)

so, I told my friend we were booked, and I would pay for 1/2 her cruise, as an early Christmas gift. She said she would think about it, hung up the phone.

She then got on the phone with Carnival, and booked the cabin next door to us AND refused to let me pay any of it. She declaired the invitation was enough Christmas present to offer her.

I will be sneaky and pay for her Chef's Table experience or something similar for a Christmas gift.. YEA!!!

;)

Congrats! Sounds like all are happy. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I'm on-board with this response!:) LOL.

;)

That is absolutely AWESOME!!!!

I'm in my early 40s, and you remind me of my BF and I. Late teens and early 20's, she was married, and I was single. I was included in everything they did. Late 20's I got married, and moved, but we still got together as much as we could. Late 30's, she got divorced, and she's now included in most things we do.

I'm so truly glad for you that it worked out :)

If my wife & I booked a cruise and a close friend or even a family member said they might visit I would tell them our plans are set so let's do the "visit" another time. Only a serious illness or death in the family would change our cruise plans. :)

This would be my outlook, also. Too many people change their minds at the last minute, or never meant to follow through in the first place. It's your cruise, she can visit some other time!

I'm glad it worked out for you. DH and I took his mother on the Fantasy in March and she loved it. I keep telling people that the nine bottles of wine we drank during the five-day cruise helped.

Ok, I've booked my DH and myself onto the Fantasy for Dec 20-25th.. The problem is my best friend was hopeing (not planning, but hopeing) to spend Christmas with us. Now what do I do? It's doubtful my BF can get another roomie, I will offer to pay her deposit for one, since its exactly the cost of our two. found a cabin almost across the hall from our OV. Now, how to present this to her so she won't feel bad about a. having me pay the deposit, which will be about 1/2 the cost of her cruise or b. leaving her totally left out.

p.s. Last year we were home expecting to have her as a guest for Christmas and my bf did an excursion to Nashville/music hall of fame thing, which was probably about the same cost as her half of her cruise price wise this year. She had an awful roomie, but a good time despite that.

Any advice? Besides getting another bf or dh.. lol

She bailed out on you last year. Why do you think that you owe her anything?

DON

While reading the originial post was thinking BF was boyfriend?

I did too for a second! I was like, ohhhhhh boy I gotta read this, she is cruising with her hubby, her boyfriend across the hall, do they know each other? Oh My, I was giggling away!

:p

Archived