First time cruisers

Hi, my partner and I are cruising for the first time January 28th on the imagination. We have talked for years of doing this and finally are taking a vacation that is for us!

I have been lurking on this site for a couple of months now since making our reservations.

I am so excited, January can't get here soon enough.

We are making it an extended vacation arriving in Miami 2 days ahead and staying on the beach at South Beach and then post cruise we are staying on the beach in ft Lauderdale for 3 days.

Thanks for all the wonderful advise and I look forward to reading more hints and tips.

For all the info and tips you could possibly want, go over to the Carnival board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

You could also do some reading on the Ports boards for your cruise, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

CruiserBruce - I find you all over the boards, and you always have helpful advice:)

Enjoy the anticipation of your great vacation! Do read up on your ports...that can totally enhance your time ashore. Bring binoculars! Lots to see at sea!

Binoculars! That will be going on my list. I hadn't thought of that! Thank you! :)

Hi, my partner and I are cruising for the first time January 28th on the imagination. We have talked for years of doing this and finally are taking a vacation that is for us!

I have been lurking on this site for a couple of months now since making our reservations.

I am so excited, January can't get here soon enough.

We are making it an extended vacation arriving in Miami 2 days ahead and staying on the beach at South Beach and then post cruise we are staying on the beach in ft Lauderdale for 3 days.

Thanks for all the wonderful advise and I look forward to reading more hints and tips.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. The more you read here the more you will learn. Make sure to join your Roll Call, visit the North American HomePorts to see all about Florida Ports (where to stay, park, things to do, etc.), then visit section on your Cruise Line and the Ports of Calls section.

I can't tell you how valuable Cruise Critic has been to me over the years that I have been a member here.

Happy Cruising...

Archived