***Live from the Sojourn, 20-day Iberian and Celtic Sojourn***

[B]Afternoon update; -olden, Norway[/B]

Olden is the kind of place that if you sneezed, you probably missed it.
It's extremely small inlet surrounded by mountains and fjords with 2 grocery stores, 1 petrol station and a bistro.
Personally speaking this would be the place if I had to buy a ship's tour..I would.

The weather today has been picture perfect, 22C or 72F and partly sunny skies all afternoon, with the winds that have picked up a bit this afternoon gusting at times at approx. 20 m.p.h. from the south.

Olden is located in the Strynn municipality of Norway. It is the southern most of the three short branches at the inner end of Nordfjord terminating at Olden from which a lovely valley, Oldedalen, strikes due south for some 20 kilometers between slopes rising sharply to more than 1700 meters to the edge of the jostedalsbre. Olden is a base for a journey to the million years old Briksdal Glacier, which is best known of the jostedal Glacier's many ice arms. The turbulent river, which feeds the beautiful Olden Lake, forms, magnificent falls that you can see on your ride up to the stunning glacier.

...and now time to run up to the Observation Bar and grab me some scones with clotted cream and jelly!;)

More to come from the Sojouen here in Olden, Norway.:eek:

ST,

While we have been following your commentary, we are now 'studying' it in preparation for our fjord-North Cape cruise. The temperatures say 'chilly' to me.
-Are the folks on board dressing in summer attire plus sweaters or have they adapted to more fallish attire?
-How are the 6:45pm shows being rec'd?
-How tilted towards Norwegian cuisine is the menu...I've noted several changes but they may be more in description.
-demographics of passenger load? Is Europe more represented than your customary Med cruises?
-Is Ria still in the Club?
Continue to enjoy. I'll stay tuned! ..........Paula

[B]Departure from Olden; Enroute for Alesund, Norway;[/B]

We are just about to leave from Olden in the next 5 minutes or so. Captain Buer has explained that we will be travelling 132 nautical miles before reaching the Southside of the City of Alesund tomorrow morning at 8:00am. We will have an average cruising speed of approx. 10 knots.

Tonight's planned route is to stay in the Inside Passage until approx. 11:30pm- midnight and then heading out into opens seas until approx. 4:00am and then re-entering again into the Inside Passage until we reach Alesund. During our exit into the opens seas we are calling for very strong winds of 40-50 knots with sea swells of 3-5 meters 10 to 15 feet and therefore there will be considerable movement on the ship.

Tonight's sunset is scheduled for 11:19pm and sunrise is 3:41am.

More to come later today from the Sojourn enroute for Alesund, Norway.:eek:

[quote name='PaulaJK']ST,

While we have been following your commentary, we are now 'studying' it in preparation for our fjord-North Cape cruise. The temperatures say 'chilly' to me.
-Are the folks on board dressing in summer attire plus sweaters or have they adapted to more fallish attire?
-How are the 6:45pm shows being rec'd?
-How tilted towards Norwegian cuisine is the menu...I've noted several changes but they may be more in description.
-demographics of passenger load? Is Europe more represented than your customary Med cruises?
-Is Ria still in the Club?
Continue to enjoy. I'll stay tuned! ..........Paula[/quote]

PaulaJK

People are wearing more fall and winter clothing for some reason...a lot of knits for women, sweaters, jackets and coats being worn.
I thought I would go and check out the Magician at 6:45pm tonight and it was BUST....only about 70 people tops in the room. I think people are more interested in having cocktails and getting ready for dinner.
Some changes because we are in the Baltics, Russian Night, Nowegian Night Baltic Lunch but not overkill.
Mostly Americans onboard this cruise to be honest and also 60 Australians.
Yes Ria is still in the Club each night for Club Cocktails at 6:30pm.

[B]Dining Options Tonight;[/B]

[B]The Restaurant[/B]

[B]First Course[/B]

Crab & Grapefruit Salad, avocado coulis, pancetta and citrus cream
Chi9cken Liver Parfait, caramelized figs, toasted hazelnuts, brioche toast
Roasted Butternut Tortellini Pasta, sage and brown butter honey sauce, toasted pumpkin seeds
Caramelized Onion Consomme, short rib tortelloni, carrots and peas
Roasted Vegetables Soup, crunchy chickpea, eggplant and goat cheese fritters
Chicory Salad, Thyme Roasted Apples, caramelized honey syrup
Truffled Artichokes & Potatoes, truffle vinaigrette

[B]Main Course[/B]

Pan Basted Mahi Mahi, roasted sunchokes and caramelized onion ragout, pommes puree, reserved tomatoes, sauce thermidor
Mustard Crusted Scallops on Scallion Potato Risotto, caramelized pearl onions and chanterelles
Braised Veal Osso Bucco, shallot confit, pommes puree, lemon herb gremolata
Grilled New York Steak Diane, sauteed vegetables, truffled duchesse potatoes, jus natural

[B]Vegetarian[/B]- Crisp Tofu & Roasted Squash, mascarpone risotto

[B]Restaurant 2:[/B]

[B]Chef's Cocktail:[/B] Caviar in the Cloud, Foggy Potatoes

Cowboy Roll-Seared Flank Steak, Portebello, Seasame Sauce
Barbequed Salmon-Jalapeno, Cucumber, Melted Mozzarella, Wasabi Mayo
Duck Confit Pop-Roasted Pepper Relish, Creamy Chili Dip

Tea Smoked Game Presse, Chestnut Spaztle
Porcini & Chestnut Cappuccino, Honey Spiced Squab & Fig Empanada

Grilled Beef Tenderloin, Forest Mushrooms, Truffled Emulsion
Floating Lobster, Pesto Cream, Red Pepper Fondue, Lime Froth

Apricot Beignets, Citrus Compote, Calvados Ice Cream

[B]The Colonnade- SPANISH[/B]

[B]APPETIZERS[/B]

Poached Lobster
avocado tartar, lime dressing, catalan bread

Berenjenas Con Queso
gratinated eggplant, tomato and goat cheese

Zarzuela
seafood soup with saffron, toasted country bread

[B]MAIN COURSE[/B]

Paella Valencia

Castilian Style Beef Rib Eye Steak
roast potatoes, piquillos, jus

[B]DESSERTS[/B]

Creme Catalan
caramel sauce, berry compote

[B]PATIO GRILL-SURF & TURF[/B]

[B]APPETIZERS (FROM THE BUFFET)[/B]

Tuna Ceviche, Cilantro, Lime
Shrimp and Crab Claw Cocktail, Mango and Papaya
Smoked Salmon, Red Onions and Capers
Beef Pastrami, Cucumber, Radish

[B]PIZZA (FROM THE BUFET)[/B]

Margherita
Roma Tomatoes, Mozzrella Cheese, Garlic, Frsh Basil
Garlic Butter

[B]PASTA[/B]

Shrimp Tagliatelle
Florida Rock Shrimp, Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, Basil

[B]FROM THE GRILL[/B]

Beef Filet Mignon 8oz/5oz
Rib Eye Steak 10oz
[SIZE=5]Grilled Nigerian Shrimp[/SIZE]
Free Range Chicken Breast

[B]SIDINGS[/B]

Ratatouille, Green Beans, Potato Mousseline

[B]SAUCES[/B]

Bernaise, Peppercorn, Shallot-Cabernet Jus

[B]DESSERTS (FROM THE BUFFET)[/B]

Assorted Cheeses
Cheesecake
Tri Level Chocolate Cake
Fresh Fruits
Ice Cream & Sorbet

ST,
Thank you for answering my queries.A very reliable friend from another cruise line had told me that despite the 'Nordic weahter' pax were wearing summer attire on board. I couldn't quite get my mind around chilly touring, summer on board plus evenings. I think that I will do better thinking & packing fall, knits, darker colors & sweaters. You know how in winter your palate appreciates stews,etc...while fashion palates also exist! ---Again, thank you.Paula

I'm not suprised about the 6:45 shows. We love shows/entertainment & this has been why we have sometimes not chosen a SB cruise.....but we don't like them during cocktail hour! Of course, we also like name-that-tune!

[B]Day 38: Arrival into Alesund, Norway[/B]

Good sleppy morning from Seabourn Square on the Sojourn on this foggy/misty Sunday morning here as we make our way thru the fjords before arriving in approx. 1.5 hours in Alesund, Norway.

The weather today is "typical" Norwegian weather with drizzle, overcast/cloudy skies and fog amd mist soemthing we haven't seen until today on this cruise.

The current weather is 9C or 48Fand we have strong wind of 25 m.ph. or for 6 on the beaufort scale. Last night around 12 midnight when we were existing the Fjords and into open seas, the ship did move a lot as we were hit with winds in excess of 50 knots or 9 on the beaufort scale which is gale force. The ship was rolling and pitching for several hours during the night and then all of a sudden it stopped as we re-entered the Inside Passage again.

The Colonnade is opening at 7:30am for Breakfast and the Restaurant at it's usual 8:00am.

Moer to come later today from the Sojourn about to arrive in Alesund, Norway.:eek:

[quote name='PaulaJK']ST,
Thank you for answering my queries.A very reliable friend from another cruise line had told me that despite the 'Nordic weahter' pax were wearing summer attire on board. I couldn't quite get my mind around chilly touring, summer on board plus evenings. I think that I will do better thinking & packing fall, knits, darker colors & sweaters. You know how in winter your palate appreciates stews,etc...while fashion palates also exist! ---Again, thank you.Paula

I'm not suprised about the 6:45 shows. We love shows/entertainment & this has been why we have sometimes not chosen a SB cruise.....but we don't like them during cocktail hour! Of course, we also like name-that-tune![/quote]

I agree about ANYTHING getting in the way of Cocktail Hour.;)

[B]Onboard Activities Today;[/B]

8:00am Arrival
8:00am Local Hospitality Representative, on the pier
10:30am Shuffleboard, The Retreat Deck 11
12:00noon Colonnade Opens for Lunch until 2:00pm, British
12:30pm The Restaurant Opens for Lunch until 1:30pm
12:30pm Patio Grill Opens for Lunch until 3:30pm, Panini
2:00pm Big Screen Movie: Midnight in Paris, Grand Salon Deck 6
2:00pm Informal Bridge Play, Card Room Deck 7
3:30pm Deck Sports, The Retreat Deck 11
4:00pm Afternoon Tea & Piano Melodies, Observation Bar Deck 10
4:30pm Seabourn Speakers Series, Grand Salon Deck 6
5:00pm Sojourn Team Trivia Challenge, The Club Deck 5
5:30pm Friends of Bill W. Meet, Conference Room#1 Deck 5
5:30pm Interdenominational Church Service, Card Room Deck 7

[B]Evening Activities Onboard;[/B]

[B]Tonight's Suggested Attire: Resort Casual[/B]

6:30pm Panoramic Piano Moods with Nick, Observation Bar Deck 10
6:30pm Club Cocktails, The Club Deck 5
9:30pm Evening Melodies with Nick, Observation Bar Deck 10
9:30pm Late Night with Brian Chartrand, The Club Deck 5
9:45pm SHOWTIME: Limelight, Grand Salon Deck 6
10:30pm All Aboard
11:00pm Departure: Sojourn sails for Geiranger, Norway

[B]Welcome to Alesund, Norway 8:00am-11:00pm;[/B]

We have just been cleared by local authorities for those wishing to go ashore. We arrived ahead of schedule at approx. 7:35am and have been tied up alongside our pier since that time.

The weather doesn't look promising at all today, current temperature is 8C or 46F and under cloudy overcast skies. Will be going up to the Colonnade in a couple of minutes to catch a quick breakfast this morning. It's really a shame that we are here on a Sunday and extended sail time as mostly everything in Norway is closed on Sundays.

More to come later today from the Sojourn here in Alesund...stay tuned!:eek:

[B]Background on Alesund, Norway:[/B]

Alesund is a town and municipality in More og Romsdal county, Norway. It is part of the traditional district of Sunnmore, and the centre of the Alesund Region. It is a sea port, and is noted for its unique concentration of Art Nouveau architecture. Like a Norwegian Venice, the beautiful town Alesund has water on all sides, canals and bridges, and a stunning jugend Style architecture.

Alesund town is the the administrative centre of the municipality as well as the principal shipping town of the Sunnmore disctrict. Alesund municipality has a population of 42 982 as of 2010, while the greater Alesund area has a population of 47 772 (this also includes most of neighbouring Sula as well). In 1904, a huge city-fire totally destroyed about 850 buildings in the city centre.

The German Emperor Willhelm II immediately offered his help and only two days after the fire, the German vessels "Weimar" and "Pinz Heindreich" arrived in the city, offering the "First Aid" help that was so needed. After a relatively short time, Alesund raised from the ashes, to become one of the most beautiful towns in Norway.

[I][COLOR=darkorchid]Just for the record:[/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=#9932cc][/COLOR][/I]
ARRIVAL of ship:[B][URL="https://webmail.kpnmail.nl/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=311027100"]SEABOURN SOJOURN[/URL][/B]Port:[B][URL="https://webmail.kpnmail.nl/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/portdetails.aspx?port_id=192"]AALESUND[/URL][/B]Time:[B]Jun 10 2012 5:30AM (UTC)[/B]

[SIZE=2](Time of arrival/departure is the time the vessel approaches the entrance/exit of the port respectively[/SIZE]

[I][COLOR=darkorchid]If you have a chance and the weather would clear up, take the little tram and drive around Aalesund and up the mountain for a beautiful view![/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=#9932cc][/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=#9932cc]Marja[/COLOR][/I]

[quote name='Seabourntraveller']PaulaJK

Mostly Americans onboard this cruise to be honest and also [SIZE=4][COLOR=lime][B][U]60 Australians[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE].
[/quote]

We are making hay while the sun shines - the Aussie $ can't stay high forever!

[B]Post Lunch Update; Alesund, Norway[/B]

What a cold and damp day here in Alesund....a day for soup no doubt.
I went to the Colonnade at 12 noon right when they opened and looks like everyone else had the same idea...the pace was HOPPING!...full on ATTACK!:eek::D:eek:

Had the clam chowder soup with the Angel Hair Pasta with smoked salmon which was delicious. Apple pie and one scoop of vanilla ice cream and I was out the door by 12:45pm. There were no empty seats in the Colonnade and the Patio Grill was empty due to the cold weather.

Now heading out the Alesund Aquarium which is open on Sundays starting from June 1st on Sundays from 10:00am until 4:00pm and the entrance fee is 140 Krone or $23.00 USD per person and is within walking distance of the ship's pier.

More to come later today from the Sojourn here in Alesund until 11:00pm.:eek:

[B]Afternoon Update:-Alesund, Norway[/B]

Alesund is known as the "Adventure Capital of the Fjords"
If your call into Alesund fall on a Sunday I would suggest two things to do in advance:

1. Pre-book something with an Independant Tour Operator
2. Book a Ship's Tour, unless your plans are to only walk around the city and go to the Aquarium as I did today as having already been here 5 previous times.

Here are some of the great independant tours that are offered locally on the pier at the Information Kiosk;

Guided Walk in Alesund
Alseund Town Train Sightseeing (tour last 1 hour)
Skerry Cruise to Devoldfabrikken (Factory outlet Shopping)
Hjorundjord Cruise (1.5 hours)
Fjord Experience (Sundays 9am-7pm) Sail to Geirangerfjord and back
Day Trip Alesund-Briksdal (11:00am-22:00pm) Climb up the Birksdalen Glacier
Boat Trip/Hiking at Alnes
Bicycle & Kayak Hire
Sea Fishing on the More Coast
Wildlife Sea Safari (high speed boat along the Norwegian Coastline)

Truthfully, the variety and selection of tours offered shoreside right by the pier far outsurpases the four tours being offered onboard the Sojourn.

ST, Thank you for posting all of those interesting sounding tours which are available portside. I hope that other ports also have offerings. We do want to see sights but hate tour after organized tour.

I have been following your daily schedule postings. I am assuming that Ria is no longer on board. I do see the solo entertainer listed for 9:30pm...2 questions
-Is there before dinner music in the Club and if yes, by whom?
-Does a combo [w. singer] play in the evenings. This used to be a nice alternative to the show or after the show.

[quote name='PaulaJK']ST, Thank you for posting all of those interesting sounding tours which are available portside. I hope that other ports also have offerings. We do want to see sights but hate tour after organized tour.

I have been following your daily schedule postings. I am assuming that Ria is no longer on board. I do see the solo entertainer listed for 9:30pm...2 questions
-Is there before dinner music in the Club and if yes, by whom?
-Does a combo [w. singer] play in the evenings. This used to be a nice alternative to the show or after the show.[/quote]

PaulaJK, Ria is still aboard and in the Club at 6:30pm at night and then again after 9:30pm usually. They have instead put Nick in the Observation Bar on piano and Brian Chartrand on guitar at 9:00pm usually and then after later Ria and the Band.

BTW, it's 6C or 42F right now here.....bbbbbrrrrrr!:eek:

[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Dinner Options Tonight;[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]The Restaurant[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]First Course[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Poached Octopus Terrine, new potato and nicoise olive salad, verjus vinaigrette[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Seared Lamb Loin & Goat Cheese Napoleon, roasted nicoise oilve vinaigrette[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Warm Leek Stuffed Artichoke, braised chantarelles, ricotta salata, and toasted hazelnuts[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Clear Oxtail Bouillon, short rib tortelloni, carrots and peas[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Roasted Sweet Corn Potage, lobster croutons[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Boston Bibb & Roasted Beet Salad, crisp salsify, red wine vinaigrette[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Soba Noodle & Seaweed Salad, soy and lime vinaigrette[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Main Course[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Sauteed Salmon,curried tomato couscous, crisp red onions, tomato vinaigrette[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Crisp Pan Fried Crab Cake, marinated napa slaw, cilantro[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Truffle Roasted Chicken, truffle twice baked potato, wilted shallot marmalade[/FONT][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Vegetarian-[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] Baked Tomato & Ricotta Cheese Tian, confit tomatoes[/FONT][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Restaurant 2;[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Chef's Cocktail:[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] Shrimp Tempura, Green Papaya & Celery Margarita, Orange Aioli[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Seared Beef Tataki, Pickled Vegetables, Ponzu Jelly, Tahini Puree[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Crispy Curried Vidalia Onion Rings, Bitter Greens[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Navy Bean Fritter, Yogurt Raita[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Clear Tomato Presse, Goat Cheese Panna Cotta, Tear Drop Confit[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]White Tomato Cappuccino, Chicken & Pesto Strudel, Basil Foam[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Grilled Dorade, Preserved Lemon Sauce, Ricotta Gnocchi, Parmesan [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Slow Roasted Lamb Shank & Potato Moussaka, Red Wine Jus[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Coconut & Passionfruit Gelano, Almond Foam, Blackberry Sorbet, Red Beet Tuile[/FONT][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]The Colonnade- TUSCANY MARKET[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]PATIO GRILL-AL FRESCO[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]APPETIZERS (FROM THE BUFFET)[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Buffalo Mozzarella, Roma Tomatoes, Aged Balsamic[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Extra Virgin Olive Oil[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Salsify and Salami Milano Cocktail[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Grilled Marinated Vegetables[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Seared Beef Carpaccio, Pickled Artichokes[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Pesto Citrus Dressing[/FONT][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]PIZZA (FROM THE BUFFET)[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Frutti di Mare[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella Calamari[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Clams and Shrimp Garlic, Onions[/FONT][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]PASTA[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Fettuccini Pesto, Red Bliss Potatoes, String Beans[/FONT][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]FROM THE GRILL[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Garlic and Herb Roasted Pork Chop[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Pancetta Wrapped Veal Tenderloin[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Grilled Branzino[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Lamb Rack Chops 10oz[/FONT][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]SIDINGS[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Asparagus, Tomato Paprika Ragout[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Lyonaise Potatoes[/FONT][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]SAUCES[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Bernaise, Balsamic Jus[/FONT][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]DESSERTS[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Assorted Cheeses[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Tiramisu[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Cassata Meringue Cake[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Fresh Fruits[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Ice Cream & Sorbet[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]

I'm glad to learn that Ria is still on board as we enjoyed her music.

I am n-o-t happy to learn of the outside temperatures/weather. My TA had told me that our cruise would be "chilly". We had booked it just recently and clearly, without research. I don't know how you manage the
Patio Grill for dinner !

I'm staying tuned...............Paula

[B]Departure from Alesund, Enroute to Geiranger, Norway[/B]

We are just about to sail for Geiranger, Norway which is really almost around the corner. We have some 55 nautical miles to travel tonight and will be going thru the Inside Passage until we arrive tomorrrow morning at 8:00am approx.

The sunset is schedule for 11:28pm or in 30 minutes time and sunrise is at 3:42am. The winds are gusting currently at 20 m.p.h. or 6 on the beaufort scale.

Thr current temperature is 7C or 46F....bbrbrbrrrr. I won;t even begin to tell you about my dinner in the Patio Grill tonight...Thought it was going to snow at one point!

More to come later tonight from the Sojourn enroute for Geiranger, Norway.

Why pay to visit the ice hotel [e.g. in CPH] when you can freeze for free!
SB does room service very well [as you undoubtedly know].

Our cruise does not stop at Geiranger. We were planning to go to Geiranger from Olden...but it is closer to go from Aeslund? I had noted that it was one of the tours offered pierside.

[quote name='PaulaJK']Why pay to visit the ice hotel [e.g. in CPH] when you can freeze for free!
SB does room service very well [as you undoubtedly know].

Our cruise does not stop at Geiranger. We were planning to go to Geiranger from Olden...but it is closer to go from Aeslund? I had noted that it was one of the tours offered pierside.[/qu

I believe the distance may be the same from Olden to Geiranger as from Alesund. The advantage from doing it from Alesund if you have a late sail as we did tonight at 11:00pm is that you can also do it from a boat ride from Alesund.
Is your cruise June 29th or at the end of July?
Have a weakness for that grilled pork chop in the Patio Grill!:eek:;):eek:

June 29th

Unfortunately, I have too many weaknesses....among them, they lovely cheese w. port. This course is infrequently available in America & generally un or under appreciated, so it is a wonderful treat when on board.

Archived