Elite membership perks

torty

We're off on Caribbean Princess to the Fjords with friends next month. We are elite members but it's the first time with Princess for our friends. Can anyone advise on the situation regarding the Elite perks such as priority boarding/ disembarkation, most travelled passenger cocktail party/dinner etc in our situation. Will we have to forego these benefits to stay with our friends or will they be allowed to share them with us.

We're off on Caribbean Princess to the Fjords with friends next month. We are elite members but it's the first time with Princess for our friends. Can anyone advise on the situation regarding the Elite perks such as priority boarding/ disembarkation, most travelled passenger cocktail party/dinner etc in our situation. Will we have to forego these benefits to stay with our friends or will they be allowed to share them with us.

Not sure about the embarcation question, but as for the most traveled question, thet is a invitation only Event, so your friends are not included in that. You should not forego that event if you're invited. I'm sure your friends will understand.

If you are sharing a cabin with your friends I am expect you can do the priority embarkation with them, though that line can sometimes be longer than the regualr one.

Also if you are sharing a cabin with your friends I suppose you might feel it was Ok to put their laundry in with yours to get it done free.

If they have their own cabin then surely it would be unreasonable for them to expect Elite benefits, except going with you as your guests to the 5pm Elite lounge shindig.

They can definitely enjoy priority embarkation with you. Once through they can then go to which ever check in line is appropriate (and shorter! - sometime the priority boarding line is longer than the regular line by deck).

If you are talking about priority disembarkation for tenders, no they can't join you.

Most other elite perks will not be extended to the non-elite friends.

We will have the same thing on our Alaska cruise. While I would never expect elite benefits to extend to our friends, we would like them to come with us to the platinum/elite/suite cocktail hour. Is that kosher????

We will have the same thing on our Alaska cruise. While I would never expect elite benefits to extend to our friends, we would like them to come with us to the platinum/elite/suite cocktail hour. Is that kosher????

There are usually so few people attending the cocktail hour that I doubt they'd be turned away but they might not be able to charge the drinks so you'll have to pay for them. ;)

If you are sharing a cabin with your friends I am expect you can do the priority embarkation with them, though that line can sometimes be longer than the regualr one.

Also if you are sharing a cabin with your friends I suppose you might feel it was Ok to put their laundry in with yours to get it done free.

If they have their own cabin then surely it would be unreasonable for them to expect Elite benefits, except going with you as your guests to the 5pm Elite lounge shindig.

Just make sure that the Elite person's name in on the ticket or they'll be charged.

There are usually so few people attending the cocktail hour that I doubt they'd be turned away but they might not be able to charge the drinks so you'll have to pay for them. ;)
That depends on the cruise. On the Star in March, the entire Skywalkers was packed every single night. Sometimes, we had to wait for a table to be free. Sometimes, we just joined others where there was seating.

We are elite, and friends and family were able to board with us. And that was the extent of it. We did not want to abuse the elite status. If all of us elite would do that eventually we might lose some of the perks.

Sam

That depends on the cruise. On the Star in March, the entire Skywalkers was packed every single night. Sometimes, we had to wait for a table to be free. Sometimes, we just joined others where there was seating.

It was quite busy in the 15 lounge which replaced Skywalkers on Grand P on the Transatlantic recently.

It became somewhat quieter as the voyage wore on and a few folk realized how watered down some of the drinks were.

The funniest thing in the 15 Lounge - or is it Club 1-5 ? is the round leather chairs by the windows at one end - when you sit on them its just as though there is a whooppee cushion in them. Very entertaining. Loud!

We are elite, and friends and family were able to board with us. And that was the extent of it. We did not want to abuse the elite status. If all of us elite would do that eventually we might lose some of the perks.

Sam

Amen.

Sam

Double Amen! Those who are elites have spent a lot of time and money getting to that level. It is really perturbing when people try to share the perks others who are not elite.

It's especially off-putting (and difficult for the CC host/hostess) when someone invited to the most traveled luncheon want to bring others.

Double Amen! Those who are elites have spent a lot of time and money getting to that level. It is really perturbing when people try to share the perks others who are not elite.

It's especially off-putting (and difficult for the CC host/hostess) when someone invited to the most traveled luncheon want to bring others.

well said:o

We've only been there 2 or 3 times on different ships & it was like a ghost town each time. Now if it were open till 10 PM I'd bet it would be packed after the main show. .

Since it's by invitation only to the highest people it seems like asking for something that would be almost impossible to accommodate.

Since it's by invitation only to the highest people it seems like asking for something that would be almost impossible to accommodate.

It's difficult to accommodate the requests but that doesn't mean that some people don't ask and sometimes "demand" to have people added. We were on a cruise once where the most traveled coupled "demanded" that there 2 children & their spouses be included in the luncheon. These 4 obnoxious people were included in the luncheon & they showed their appreciation for this special invitation by wearing flip flops, tee shirts & shorts & one woman in short shorts & halter top. Really classy. There was a lot of negative feedback about this, particularly by the legitimate elites that were seated at the same table.

Even though the luncheon is by invitation only, you'd be surprised how many invitees ask if they can bring friends. Thankfully, as the number of elites increase and the invitation are more highly sought after, the CC hosts are less willing to accommodate the requests.

It's mind-boggling that people's social skills are such that they'd be rude enough to try to bring friends and relatives to such a function where the criteria for the invitation is literally "being among the most-traveled". Being a relative or acquaintance of the invitees shouldn't count for anything.

It's difficult to accommodate the requests but that doesn't mean that some people don't ask and sometimes "demand" to have people added. We were on a cruise once where the most traveled coupled "demanded" that there 2 children & their spouses be included in the luncheon. These 4 obnoxious people were included in the luncheon & they showed their appreciation for this special invitation by wearing flip flops, tee shirts & shorts & one woman in short shorts & halter top. Really classy. There was a lot of negative feedback about this, particularly by the legitimate elites that were seated at the same table.

Even though the luncheon is by invitation only, you'd be surprised how many invitees ask if they can bring friends. Thankfully, as the number of elites increase and the invitation are more highly sought after, the CC hosts are less willing to accommodate the requests.

It's mind-boggling that people's social skills are such that they'd be rude enough to try to bring friends and relatives to such a function where the criteria for the invitation is literally "being among the most-traveled". Being a relative or acquaintance of the invitees shouldn't count for anything.

Hmmmm... my friend has been invited twice to the luncheon and each time, I was invited too.

Hmmmm... my friend has been invited twice to the luncheon and each time, I was invited too.

If an invited person is traveling without a spouse, the invited person will usually be allowed to bring one guest with him/her.

Typically an invited elite who's traveling companion is not elite can bring that person with them.

I really wasn't referring to the single invitee bringing someone with them. I was grumbling about couples who think they should be able to bring other couples with them who don't make the "cut" and aren't among the most-traveled.

If an invited person is traveling without a spouse, the invited person will usually be allowed to bring one guest with him/her.
Not sure if this is the case if the person is solo in the cabin. It's been a couple of years since I was last invited but I don't remember anything about being allowed a "guest." If so, I would have brought my daughter who was traveling with me but in her own cabin.

Typically an invited elite who's traveling companion is not elite can bring that person with them.

I really wasn't referring to the single invitee bringing someone with them. I was grumbling about couples who think they should be able to bring other couples with them who don't make the "cut" and aren't among the most-traveled.

It wouldn't even occur to me to ask to have people other than someone sharing a cabin accompany me much less demand it. Maybe I'm just "different" but I figure that the invitation is based on cruise line loyalty and is a perk for my being loyal. Not my friend, not my neighbor.

... I figure that the invitation is based on cruise line loyalty and is a perk for my being loyal. Not my friend, not my neighbor.

I agree. In fact it SHOULD encourage someone to become loyal. Like leveling up in a video game.

Maybe cold, but I told a first time friend, "see you in 2 hours" when boarding.

I agree. In fact it SHOULD encourage someone to become loyal. Like leveling up in a video game.

Maybe cold, but I told a first time friend, "see you in 2 hours" when boarding.

If you are talking about your initial boarding it was cold since the rules clearly allow you to bring your family/guests for preferred check-in.

From our experience the bar and the staff will be delighted to see additional guest attend as additional business relates to their income.

Archived