How many bottles can u buy in port???

My friend and her bf are leaving tomorrow for Florida for a western Caribbean on freedom. They were wondering if there was a restriction on how much alcohol you can purchase while in port, and take off with u once the cruise is over.... Any ideas people?! :D

Special rules apply in the Caribbean, especially the U.S. Virgin Islands. You can bring back 4 liters duty free from the USVI, 5 if the product is produced there. Google "Caribbean duty free" and you will find more information than you need.

Happy shopping!:D

About 8 years ago in Jamaica, they were having a rum sale, and after tasting something I liked, and it being only $2.00 a bottle, I bought a bunch. You can buy as much as you can carry, but you must declare it, and pay a duty. So depending on what you buy, and the price you get it, the small tax might be worth it.

Gidday, we are booked for our first RCI cruise later this year.

I understand that you are not allowed to bring alcohol on board at embarkation but can I bring wine purchased in port onto the ship?:confused:

Thanking you in anticipation.

TraceyG

Gidday, we are booked for our first RCI cruise later this year.

I understand that you are not allowed to bring alcohol on board at embarkation but can I bring wine purchased in port onto the ship?:confused:

Thanking you in anticipation.

TraceyG

Well, sort of. You will have to hand it over befor actually boarding the ship but will get it back the last night.

No. However, you could just put it in a bag when you board again, and they may not catch it. If they do, they will take it and return it on the last night. Good luck.

Thank you gerif and Cigar King for answering my question.

Cool as either way, not looking at smuggling, just didn't want my wine from Hobart confiscated and not given back.

Thanks again.

God bless you:)

TraceyG

Just as another thought on the wine. We were in France a few years back. (Not on a cruise) We stopped by a winery in Burgundy, had a great tasting, and shipped home a few cases. It was pretty cheap to do so. If you're thinking more than a few bottles, you might consider it.

Archived