When is the cutoff for lowering the price of cabin

scmexico

We are booked on Crown Princess out of Venice on June 17. If I look at a sheet that lists hot cruise deals I see that an the starting price for an ocean view cabin is 22% of the brochure price. I called that agency and they confirmed that is indeed the pricing. Now I wonder what is the drop dead date for changing the price on your cabin. We have paid in full for this cruise.

After final payment, most price drops are for new bookings only
Most promotions and sales after final payment are what's called "Flash" sales. They are for new bookings only and are non-refundable. You can cancel and rebook, but you'd pay the cancelation penalty and lose your cabin and anything else you've reserved. As you are already booked and paid, chances are extremely slim you'd be refared. If it was a different type of promotion and you were eligible for it, you'd receive an OBC.

I'm on the same cruise as the OP.

After I saw the price drop, I called my TA and she called Princess.

She said the best she could do is a cabin upgrade. (This was on Monday)

So I went from a M cat GTY to a G cat (obstructed view).

Just today I received my cabin assignment and was booked a C Category (Oceanview). So, I'm happy with the upgrade although I would have prefered an inside cabin with a reduced fare or OBC.

We are booked on Crown Princess out of Venice on June 17. If I look at a sheet that lists hot cruise deals I see that an the starting price for an ocean view cabin is 22% of the brochure price. I called that agency and they confirmed that is indeed the pricing. Now I wonder what is the drop dead date for changing the price on your cabin. We have paid in full for this cruise.

That's easy. When all the cabins are sold and the ship has thown off its lines.:p

We received a refund of over 50% of the cabin price a week ago. We leave next Friday. So you can certainly get a lower price 2 weeks before departure.

You do have to be proactive about it. I noticed the fare reduction on the Princess site and called my TA to inquire about it. She was able to get me the lower price if I gave up my assigned cabin number in exchange for a category guarantee. Interestingly enough, my new cabin assignment is actually an upgrade from my old one.

And I'll echo Pam's statement about flash fares. I'd noticed different price reduction about a month ago and my TA was unable to get that fare for me. So the lesson is to keep monitoring prices and always ask if you can get the reduction. You don't ask, you don't get. Sometimes you don't get it anyway, but it never hurts to try.

We received a refund of over 50% of the cabin price a week ago. We leave next Friday. So you can certainly get a lower price 2 weeks before departure.

You do have to be proactive about it. I noticed the fare reduction on the Princess site and called my TA to inquire about it.

The flash fares, which are for new bookings only, do not show up when you look at the Princess web site.

Most of the time when you see a price reduction on the Princess web site after final payment it is not restricted to new bookings only.

As you indicate, keep checking the pricing on the Princess web site.

Your favorite travel agent

If you book directly with Princess, do they inform you of these flash sales?

I usually book with a very large TA here in Vancouver, but have never received these flash fares.

Or, are these special fares only available in the states?

Susan

I usually book with a very large TA here in Vancouver, but have never received these flash fares.

Susan

You can sign up for Princess's mailings and they e:mail them out, you can also see them if you log into My Princess and look at Princess Offers on the right hand side.

Susan

I have been looking at a Vancouver online TA related to expedia that shows the flash fares.

You can sign up for Princess's mailings and they e:mail them out, you can also see them if you log into My Princess and look at Princess Offers on the right hand side.

I do receive Princess emails but they are not called Flash Sales or Flash Fares.

I will check Princess offers, thanks.

Susan

Archived