Is there a boat ride that takes you around to look at famous houses?

pampaul

Hubby came home from work today saying he read somewhere that there was a boat ride that took you around to see all the famous/big expensive homes. He wanted me to check out some info but I have no idea on where to start. Do you know what he's talking about?

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Hubby came home from work today saying he read somewhere that there was a boat ride that took you around to see all the famous/big expensive homes. He wanted me to check out some info but I have no idea on where to start. Do you know what he's talking about?

Not sure what ship you are sailing on, but there is a "Famous Homes & Hideaway" excursion offered.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Great. I'll let him know about both the boat tour and horse/carriage ride. We'll be on Holland America Veendam. I'm going to go check out their website and see if they offer one.

Yes, the Veendam does the famous homes excursion. Have fun

Looks like you are on HAL, if so they have a shore excursion for a cruise to see the homes

You can also take a horse and carriage ride in Hamilton that will take you past the houses...we did that last October and had a great time

that sounds great , I think we will try that also, I know you can see many of the homes on the ferry ride from dockyards to Hamilton just no one to point out who owns which.

that sounds great , I think we will try that also, I know you can see many of the homes on the ferry ride from dockyards to Hamilton just no one to point out who owns which.

The horse and carriages are just outside of the dock when you get off the ship on your left. We spent 1 hour with our carriage driver, she charged $100 total...it was so worth it..she took us off the beaten path and we really got to see up close and personal the houses, not just the downtown area...we just walked up to where the carriages were did not make a reservation.

As of last October there were only 2 carriages left.....since most everybody docks at the dock yards now, and only HAL docks in Hamilton (at least for this year) the carriage drivers have had to do something else as there is not much call for them anymore, which is sad.

Just about any boat ride (i..e Ferry or Glass Bottom Boat tour) usually spends quite a bit of time pointing out houses for say Mayor Bloomberg and Michael Douglas.

Can't say I've ever been on a ferry where anything was pointed out.

The horse and carriages are just outside of the dock when you get off the ship on your left. We spent 1 hour with our carriage driver, she charged $100 total...it was so worth it..she took us off the beaten path and we really got to see up close and personal the houses, not just the downtown area...we just walked up to where the carriages were did not make a reservation.

As of last October there were only 2 carriages left.....since most everybody docks at the dock yards now, and only HAL docks in Hamilton (at least for this year) the carriage drivers have had to do something else as there is not much call for them anymore, which is sad.

Thanks again for the info, just told my wife about this and she loves the idea, only time we ever did a horse and carraige was in Montego Bay and it was scarry the area they drove thru was not very nice, that was a long time ago.

Not sure what ship you are sailing on, but there is a "Famous Homes & Hideaway" excursion offered.

We did that tour on Thursday...it was awesome! It was a ship shore excursion and well worth the cost.

Archived