Just off Nautica, wow! Any questions?

lais

I'm just off Nautica (first time Oceania and 35 days) and I am now so spoiled I don't know if I can ever do another cruise line. The fantastic service and fellow cruisers all made this trip so wonderful. If anyone has any questions, ask away and hopefully I can have some answers for you.

We are boarding her May 24 - we love that ship.

One question: was there any REALLY GOOD entertainment? I am not expecting any but just curious as to whether there had been any improvement in this area.

I'm just off Nautica (first time Oceania and 35 days) and I am now so spoiled I don't know if I can ever do another cruise line. The fantastic service and fellow cruisers all made this trip so wonderful. If anyone has any questions, ask away and hopefully I can have some answers for you.

So nice to hear someone rave about (our favorite) one of the R ships.:D

Welcome to the OAC (Oceania Addicts Club) :D.

Support therapy sessions are right here on this board but there is only one known cure - book another O cruise :)

We are boarding her May 24 - we love that ship.

One question: was there any REALLY GOOD entertainment? I am not expecting any but just curious as to whether there had been any improvement in this area.

Well....they had a violinist one night and the orchestra that plays during tea another night and a classical pianist another night and a juggler and a couple of solo singers. Zzzzzzzzzz! But that's only me. I'm sure many enjoyed it. I never had a problem not going to the shows as they put sleeping pills in the food at dinner so I went to sleep very early anyway.

Support therapy sessions are right here on this board but there is only one known cure - book another O cruise :)

Ok Paulchili, I will book another fantastic O cruise.

Love the OAC acronymn- think I will use it with your permission. How are you and Marsha? We haven't done the Nautica - the only one we've not been on - but have a cruise scheduled on her next year. But I'm afraid I will miss the grilled lobster and casual evenings I got to love on the Marina in Tapas.

Well....they had a violinist one night and the orchestra that plays during tea another night and a classical pianist another night and a juggler and a couple of solo singers. Zzzzzzzzzz! But that's only me. I'm sure many enjoyed it. I never had a problem not going to the shows as they put sleeping pills in the food at dinner so I went to sleep very early anyway.

Same old. Too bad. I guess the R ships are not seeing any of the allegedly improved entertainment described on Riviera. I have low expectations so no disappointment. I will simply enjoy everything else about Nautica!

Love the OAC acronymn- think I will use it with your permission. How are you and Marsha? We haven't done the Nautica - the only one we've not been on - but have a cruise scheduled on her next year. But I'm afraid I will miss the grilled lobster and casual evenings I got to love on the Marina in Tapas.

We are well, thank you. We hope that you and Miles are well too.

We still prefer the R ships overall but love the food on the Marina - especially the 4 specialty restaurants and the Terrace Cafe :D

We have one cruise booked on each - Nautica, Regatta and Marina; now if we can only find something for the Riviera. I am sure we will in time.

Enjoy your Nautica cruise (Go Pacers!)

Same old. Too bad. I guess the R ships are not seeing any of the allegedly improved entertainment described on Riviera. I have low expectations so no disappointment. I will simply enjoy everything else about Nautica!

There was enough for me to enjoy. We had great weather and calm seas the entire trip. Perfect pool weather. The burgers at Waves grill are the best and I managed to avoid all of the exercise classes (although I was seen doing a few laps) and I was always seen eating cookies and sneaking up to the afternoon tea. I had to sneak because my husband didn't want me to ruin my appitite for dinner. I just couldn't help myself. And again, the service was unbelievable.

We are well, thank you. We hope that you and Miles are well too.

We still prefer the R ships overall but love the food on the Marina - especially the 4 specialty restaurants and the Terrace Cafe :D

We have one cruise booked on each - Nautica, Regatta and Marina; now if we can only find something for the Riviera. I am sure we will in time.

Enjoy your Nautica cruise (Go Pacers!)

Do you ever stay on land? :) We just returned from our first riverboat cruise and really enjoyed it. Much different but quite pleasurable. But, the food just can't compare to O - we are so spoiled! Our next cruise isn't until March when we are doing Regent again from Beijing to Bangkok with both pre and post extentions. (Unless something else strikes our fancy and our budget!) Priced it against O and it came out the winner. thanks for the Pacer shoutout - here's hoping. Happy cruisng to you and Marsha. Hope to see you aboard again some day - maybe on the Riviera. Eventually may find a itinerary that will entice us.

What cabin did you have? Just curious.. We have a cabin

Over the bridge on an upcoming cruise on

Nautica & wondered if anyone had a motion

Issue?? Thanx!

If the seas are bumpy anywhere at the front of the ship you will feel the motion of the ocean

Just depends on how your body reacts to it whether it will be uncomfortable or not

Lyn

Issue?? Thanx!

My experience between Nautica in an aft A3 & Insignia in a forward A3 was there was more motion in the forward cabin resulting in several uncomfortable periods of seasickness. On our upcoming Marina cruise we chose an A2 cabin to reduce motion issues..

Hi,

I could tell it was you because of the burgers and cookies.

We have been home a week and are still putting things away.

Indeed it was a magical trip.

What is your next adventure?

Joanne/

Issue?? Thanx!

We had a cabin aft (7121). Our seas were so calm the entire way that we never felt the boat moving. I wish you calm seas also on your upcoming cruise.

Hi,

I could tell it was you because of the burgers and cookies.

We have been home a week and are still putting things away.

Indeed it was a magical trip.

What is your next adventure?

Joanne/

That's so funny. I'm such a dead give away.

Joanne, you are truely a nice person and it was so nice to meet you. I hope we meet again in the future.

Next adventure....hmm. There is so much to choose from that I am not sure where we will be next. I am looking at Amazon/Galapagos for next January, Alaska (maybe this summer between Mel's football for a quick getaway), or Tahiti?? I Don't know. Any suggestions?

Love that! I plan to do an extensive review of Riviera after our transatlantic cruise. I'm sure I'll be looking for another cruise shortly after. ;)

Archived