Carnival Spirit - What are your best memories on her?

Pee-ah

As the Spirit finishes off her time here in the Pacific North West / Alaska, prior to heading to Oz, what are your favorite memories on her. Ship / Crew / Destination. What wow'ed you!

I have two wow moments.

1/ Alaska - Galcier Bay seeing and hearing a Glacier calf. Amazing!

2/ Pacific Coastal - seeing 3 Pacific White Sided dolphins jumping in the ocean on the port side of the ship.

.. and yours?

Not a happy memory: I fell flat on my face in the gym. I missed the last step and landed on my face on the bottom. I had a black eye for half of the cruise!

On the other hand, we had an aft extended balcony on deck 6. It was terrific! We were sailing ever so slowly--we loved to stand at the railing and watch the beauty of Alaska go by while listening to the "whoosh" of the wake. It never got dark, and we loved watching folks going out to fish at 11:30 at night!

As the Spirit finishes off her time here in the Pacific North West / Alaska, prior to heading to Oz, what are your favorite memories on her. Ship / Crew / Destination. What wow'ed you!

I have two wow moments.

2/ Pacific Coastal - seeing 3 Pacific White Sided dolphins jumping in the ocean on the port side of the ship.

.. and yours?

I can wholeheartedly agree with your two. Plus the staff was incredible.

The last time I was on board her the waiter's assistant (I forget their actual title) was excited since it was her first trip to Alaska as well. She was looking forward to her day off while in Juneau so she could go fly fishing. We as passengers tend to forget about the staff visiting the ports too!

We were on the Spirit for a mexican riviera cruise in 2010 and it was wonderful! We loved the ports of call, cliff divers in Alcapulco. Our favorite person was Kanchyana(sp?), she was an absolutely amazing bartender. We visited her before dinner and some other times of course. She was just very friendly and we were usually the only ones in the area so we talked and got to know wach other. All in all an amazing ship and wonderful staff.

I can wholeheartedly agree with your two. Plus the staff was incredible.

The last time I was on board her the waiter's assistant (I forget their actual title) was excited since it was her first trip to Alaska as well. She was looking forward to her day off while in Juneau so she could go fly fishing. We as passengers tend to forget about the staff visiting the ports too!

Lol! While we were in Glacier bay we ordered room service and it was delivered by a lady who had never seen glaciers before ... Our apologies to those who had their room service delayed as she was welcomed to watch them from our balcony! They truly were amazing!

Lol! While we were in Glacier bay we ordered room service and it was delivered by a lady who had never seen glaciers before ... Our apologies to those who had their room service delayed as she was welcomed to watch them from our balcony! They truly were amazing!

Well, if it's any consolation, one of the Spirit's first voyages down here will be to New Zealand in Jan/Feb.

And the bit I'm most looking forward to is sailing the Fjordland National Park.

No glaciers, per se - but lots of fjords where glaciers were :-)

Actually, the itinerary isn't clear .. we may see a mile-high glacier peak ... but it isn't certain. But either way, I am excited :-)

Cheers

Graham C

We sailed on her last month - 15 day - to Hawaii and back to San Diego. The ship - Excellent Condition.

The CD - Stu was one of the best we've ever sailed with! He and his staff were all over the ship, very pleasant and very accessable. There was always more to do than we had time to do it in!

The Crew - always a smile - spoke great English

MDR Head Waitress - Youlie and her two assistants were nothing short of amazing! Service was fantastic!

MDR Bar waitress - "Tinkerbell" Knew our names and drinks after the 1st night. She, like Youlie and others anytime we met them on the ship greated us by name.

Steakhouse - Fantastic!!

MDR Menu's - Lunch & dinner pretty good. IMO the lunch menu changed for the best; dinner, I liked the old menu w/o the comfort foods much better. The breafast menu IMO is a hold over from the "Black Pearl" and needs to be changed/upgraded!

Shows - what few we saw were great. However, many were cancelled due to the rough seas.

The Captain - Captain Volpi the best, and most accessable we've ever sailed with!

We would sail on the Spirit again & again:).

Steakhouse - Fantastic!!

Crew - Fantastic!!

Hawaii was great!!

Food overall was eatable, some was terrible except for the Steak House.

Never sent so much back for redo or another choice in 20 years of cruising.

Our first cruise ever was on the Spirit(Glacier Bay). As we left Vancouver...under Lions Gate Bridge....a school of dolphins followed in our wake. The weather in Glacier Bay was wonderful..the whole cruise was just amazing! Two months later we went on an 8 day Mex. Rivieria cruise to Acapulco/Zihau/Manzanillo(love Zihuatenejo). We've sailed on her four times since... sad to see her leave...but she leaves us with wonderful memories!

We cruised on Her in 2012 for a 9-day riviera and it was awsome, but the true memory for me was it was my fathers last cruise in 2001 on a 17 day panama canal cruise. I have a picture hanging on my wall at work with a picture of the ship in the panama canal with my father waving at the helicopter taking pictures overhead. Rest in peace Dad and God I miss you.

Bill

To many cruises to list:)

Honestly..EVERYTHING!!!:D;):cool:

She is a wonderful ship.. sailed on her 3 times.. and then went on the Pride her sister ship..

The Spirit class ships are just the right size for us.. not to small and not superliners either..I would sail on her or any of the sister ship again and again..

We were on the repositioning for Alaska season - SF-Vancouver. Embarkation day was the same day as the Bay to Breakers race. We ran the race with our friends, took muni back to the pier and had my father in law meet us with our luggage. Our boarding pic was in our running attire and our race bibs :D. Love that picture, especially now that it would take me the whole day to get up Hayes Street hill alone :eek:.

The crew thought it was really cool and they were excited for us...many knew about Bay to Breakers. Best crew I've run (pun intended) across.

The cruises going to Acapulco, Zihua and Manzanillo. Hope they bring this itinerary back.

The ice cream bar at the back of the ship. Loved making my own sundaes. Gone now because of the Serenity area.

Going down Green Thunder. Hope it is put on more ships.

I am very sad to lose the Spirit to Oz. She is one of my very favorite Carnival ships. I was on her inaugeral cruise thru the panama canal, A repositioning cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver and a Mexican Riveria cruise. She started my love affair with the Spirit class ship.

Pat

my dream cruise was my first one to alaska on the spirit. i stepped into the lobby area and was shocked awestruck at how gorgeous she was. i couldnt move for a few minutes trying too take it all in. the spirit itself/employees/food/ports and the whole cruise experience was awesome. i have been on the spirit 4 times to alaska and im going too cry at the end of this season knowing i wont be able too sail on her again. but the memories are so sweet.

Spending 15 wonderful, fun-packed days sailing to Hawaii last month! This was, by far, the best cruise we've taken so far! The ship was beautiful, quite easy to navigate and the crew was fantastic. It was our first time aboard the Spirit and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute we were onboard.

:cool:Bill

I have two wow moments.

.. and yours?

First cruise, first ship, first step into that beautiful floating (better than a) Hotel Ship...

Just breath taking...

My favorite memory is our FANTASTIC roll call last month, and the beauty of the ship. I think she's the loveliest ship I've been on out of 13. Of course, the little fall I took on the first night wasn't much fun, but that's not how I'll remember her. :)

Archived