Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six

c51

Wondering what fellow posters think about the cleanliness of this hotel. What is nearby within walking distance?

Anyone stay here and can tell me about their experience? Is there another hotel better to use?

Looking to stay close to the ocean, or getting a trolley to take us there. We are planning on staying 2 days and want a fun day trip somewhere.

If you read down the board there are many threads about Pier 66, and what is close. Pier 66 is not close to the beach. There are hotels closer to "things" like stores and restaurants, but Pier 66 is about the closest to the port, and overlooks it.

Taxi is probably the better choice for your travel. Again, read down the board for various things to do.

One of the "best" (my definition - don't know yours) hotels for all aspects of FLL is Embassy Suites. Again there are many threads about Embassy Suites and why it is good.

There really is not much by the Hyatt. You either have to walk a mile or so or take a taxi for things such as restaurants other than the restaurant on the property.

The hotel is fairly clean as hotels go.

Keith

If you read down the board there are many threads about Pier 66, and what is close. Pier 66 is not close to the beach. There are hotels closer to "things" like stores and restaurants, but Pier 66 is about the closest to the port, and overlooks it.

Taxi is probably the better choice for your travel. Again, read down the board for various things to do.

One of the "best" (my definition - don't know yours) hotels for all aspects of FLL is Embassy Suites. Again there are many threads about Embassy Suites and why it is good.

I'm going back and forth between these two hotels in my mind. Anyone have photos of the pool and facility? I know I can look at the photos on their website, but looking for real photos.

We visit FLL often and usually stay at the Marriott Beach Place Towers. This is directly across the street (A1A) from the beach and has many shops and restauants in walking distance. There is also a Courtyard by Marriott a short walk from Beachplace which is also across from the beach. Both are an easy 15 minute taxi from airport and to the ship...

I'm going back and forth between these two hotels in my mind. Anyone have photos of the pool and facility? I know I can look at the photos on their website, but looking for real photos.

I didn't take any photos when I was there (we used the pool/hot tub at night) and it was beautiful. I would stay there again...in fact I'm checking priceline bids for it now for October.

We did end up doing a bunch of walking when we were there as well as taking the water taxi. It was a fun time.

I like to go to trip advisor and look up in upper left hand corner and it has pictures taken by reviewers as well as professional pics

Wondering what fellow posters think about the cleanliness of this hotel. What is nearby within walking distance?

Anyone stay here and can tell me about their experience? Is there another hotel better to use?

Looking to stay close to the ocean, or getting a trolley to take us there. We are planning on staying 2 days and want a fun day trip somewhere.

I've stayed there twice. It is a pretty nice hotel, but I personally did not find much to do around there. I do know that it is NOT near (or on) the beach however.

I guess I'll be seeing how it is. Shot a price on Priceline for $70 (says its in beach area, but apparently not) on June 30 for pre-cruise. I've read reviews and don't see any real bad ones other than proximity to other things.

Have you ever stayed at the Riverside on Las Olas? Much, much better location than the ES, on the water taxi route, walking distance to tons of really great dining and shopping, and not in the middle of an industrial boulevard.

We just got back from our cruise today. Stayed at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 precruise for one night - Friday, May 18th. Loved it here!

When we checked in - which was way early - our room wasn't ready, which we we expected. We were almost finished making arrangements to store our bags, when a room became available.

Staff, food, room - loved everything. Would definitely stay here again!

Does anybody know what taxi fa. re is from FLL to Pier 66? Also whats best way to get to terminal from hotel?
-

Taxi from FLL to Hyatt Pier 66 was about $10. We took a taxi to the terminal from the hotel - no problems & about $10. We also took a taxi to dinner & the water taxi back to the hotel. They didn't charge us for the water taxi, because it was the last run of the night. Don't miss the water taxi - it was great. Wish we did it during the day too.

Good luck at the terminal - worst experience at a cruise terminal ever! (sailed from NY, Miami, San Juan & Long Beach on Carnival. Although we had no problems @Port Everglades sailing on Celebrity).

-

Taxi from FLL to Hyatt Pier 66 was about $10. We took a taxi to the terminal from the hotel - no problems & about $10. We also took a taxi to dinner & the water taxi back to the hotel. They didn't charge us for the water taxi, because it was the last run of the night. Don't miss the water taxi - it was great. Wish we did it during the day too.

Good luck at the terminal - worst experience at a cruise terminal ever! (sailed from NY, Miami, San Juan & Long Beach on Carnival. Although we had no problems @Port Everglades sailing on Celebrity).

Tell us about your "worst experience" at Port Everglades. I've sailed from their many terminals about 20 times and the only time there was a problem it had to do with late boarding for a noro cleanup and a strange mixup that RCCL had between us an another passenger. If you arrive too early you could end up standing outside for a long time if you don't have priority with the cruise line.

I stayed at the Hyatt 66 twice last year and was really pleased. I just saw that starting on June 6th Snique away will have a Hyatt sale. The first time I stayed there was through this site for a great price. It may be worth looking into once available.

Personally, I loved the hotel. It was unique...and there was a nice view of the port. It really comes down to taste and budget. We drove to the hotel so we had wheels and there was shopping nearby.

Tried to upload some photos but got a time out.

Archived