Daily Trivia

MATTIEMOM

Can anyone tell me about the "daily trivia"? Where is it? What time? My husband is a trivia FANATIC and I think he will enjoy this. Is it group? Individual? Are there incentives, e.g. shipboard credits, free drinks? Or just plain old braggin' rights?

We have not yet sailed on Marina or Riviers, so I can only answer your question as it pertains to the R class ships. Trivia is a team game, generally limited to 8 passengers. Games are held in the lounge and are played daily, run by the cruise director. Times will vary to accommodate port schedules; on sea days, the game is usually wedged in between guest speakers. There has never been a "set time" in my experience. First place team of the day wins 3 Big O points; second place, 2 points and third place, 1. At the end of the trip, Big O points are redeemed for Oceania-themed "gifts" such as tee shirts, book marks, tote bags, etc. Teams that have players from different countries may have a slight edge. Each CD has his/her own style. One was big on collective noun questions while another asked daily about a James Bomd movie. Typically, questions are gleaned from Trivial Pursuit games. It's a lot of fun unless you have teammates who take it ~ and themselves ~ too seriously.

Harriet

On the "R" class ships, Trivia is held most afternoons in the main Lounge, usually at 4:00 or 4:30 depending on port or sea day. There is also an after dinner session in the Martini Bar. Exact times will be in the "Currents" that is in your cabin every evening.

It is team Trivia with teams usually restricted to 8 players. The top 3 teams get "Big O" points that can be redeemed for items such as T-shirts, hats, etc.

Cheers,

Don

Trivia is the one activity I find better on the R ships where you can arrange chairs in a circle and converse with our fellow teammates. On the Marina/Riviera it is held in the theater where part of the team sits in one row and the other in a row in front making it extremely difficult to converse unless those in the front row twist and turn their bodies. Also the intimacy is lost and it's less fun. jmo.

Trivia is the one activity I find better on the R ships where you can arrange chairs in a circle and converse with our fellow teammates. On the Marina/Riviera it is held in the theater where part of the team sits in one row and the other in a row in front making it extremely difficult to converse unless those in the front row twist and turn their bodies. Also the intimacy is lost and it's less fun. jmo.

Fully agree with you. My wife loves triva on the R ships. On Marina last year they tried two locations, the Theatre and Martinis and neither was as much fun as the R cosy Theatre. IMO.

+1

We did have fun though, didn't we. I do hope that they can find a better place for it on the M ships.

You need to have an American sports fan on your team, a movie and TV addict as well as at least one Canadian. They usually ask a few questions about Canada. If you are ever asked where the town of Ebb and Flow is, it is in Manitoba. That was one that even the Canadians except for the two from Manitoba did not know.:D

We just got off the Riviera MV yesterday.

The daily trivia was held in Martini's. Interesting choice because based on the layout of this bar you could not see many of the other teams around you.

Also, for this cruise Trivia did not start until the third or fourth day of the cruise. Heidi was worried because like the OP's husband she is a fanatic.

Trivia took place at approx 4:30. This too was a challenging time due to scheduling your return from touring.

Last summer on the Marina, Trivia took place in the Marina Lounge. It was also held twice a day on many days.

We just got off the Riviera MV yesterday.

The daily trivia was held in Martini's. Interesting choice because based on the layout of this bar you could not see many of the other teams around you.

Also, for this cruise Trivia did not start until the third or fourth day of the cruise. Heidi was worried because like the OP's husband she is a fanatic.

Trivia took place at approx 4:30. This too was a challenging time due to scheduling your return from touring.

Last summer on the Marina, Trivia took place in the Marina Lounge. It was also held twice a day on many days.

And who was it that tied with you for first place on the last day of the Cruise, Tom?

OK, ok, it WAS after a string of shall we say "unfortunate" defeats.....but we were turning things around- :p

Leslie John is the Trivia KING of course; fast, witty and goes out of his way to find questions that the trivia cheats.....er......EXPERTS, have not had before :D

I've never seen trivia done better.

And who was it that tied with you for first place on the last day of the Cruise, Tom?

OK, ok, it WAS after a string of shall we say "unfortunate" defeats.....but we were turning things around- :p

Leslie John is the Trivia KING of course; fast, witty and goes out of his way to find questions that the trivia cheats.....er......EXPERTS, have not had before :D

I've never seen trivia done better.

I just love trivia with Leslie "for future reference" Jon

I just love trivia with Leslie "for future reference" Jon

with you two is just the best!! you are both so smart!!! Hey..send me an email re the magazine on the I Pad??? LuAnn

Archived